Wallabies
Here are the nominees:

• David Pocock - Australia
  • Will Genia - Australia
  • Piri Weepu - New Zealand
  • Jerome Kaino - New Zealand
  • Ma'a Nonu - New Zealand
  • Thierry Dusautoir - France
Nonu and Pocock are the favourites in my mind. Kaino's RWC has been brilliant though so that could help him.

My tip is Nonu.

Thierry Dusautoir for sure.

I have watched him for the past couple of years and he has been so bloody consistent! Is not one of the standout players but is always high on the tackle count and does good things. For a french player he always turns up without him we would not be in the finals!

Thierry Dusautoir for sure.

I have watched him for the past couple of years and he has been so bloody consistent! Is not one of the standout players but is always high on the tackle count and does good things. For a french player he always turns up without him we would not be in the finals!

Would be a worthy winner, however the French would have to win tomorrow. Unwritten rule that it goes to the WC winners, whhich imo will be Nonu.

5 of the 6 players (Genia the only one) have had phenomenal World Cups. All of them deserve to win it... They've all had stand-out games, bar Genia, where they've dragged their team over the line.

Dusautoir - World Cup Final vs New Zealand

Pocock - Quarter Final vs South Africa

Weepu - Quarter Finals vs Argentina

Nonu - Semi-Finals vs Australia

Kaino- Where do I start? Pretty much every match in the World Cup, player of the tournament imo.

Genia hasn't had a good enough RWC to win it and while Weepu has been good this year I don't think he has been so outstanding that he can be considered best player in the world for the year.

The other 4 have all been outstanding as has been said. All of them are deserved winners whoever gets picked.

I'm still thinking Nonu though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back