Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Been to Anytime twice since the reopening, it's surprisingly quiet
Everyone's gone away.

The traffic around my local area was dead af.

I suspect also given the length of your lockdown a lot of gym goers are probably "done" with going with the gym.:think:

With that said, the closer we get to Xmas holidays, New Years, the more likely people will start wanting their "summer body". :drunk:

I suspect also given the length of your lockdown a lot of gym goers are probably "done" with going with the gym.:think:

With that said, the closer we get to Xmas holidays, New Years, the more likely people will start wanting their "summer body". :drunk:

It’s sad, but I do agree that there will be people who have given up and won’t return. On the other hand there will also be people who’ve reflected on their lifestyle and past choices and decided that they might want to give the Gym a try. Most of the chain Gyms are offering first month free memberships to try and entice people back.

One thing with all of the lockdowns that I’m surprised with is that more Gym’s haven’t closed down.

Ppl could also be well set up with their own home gyms too
True, this is very likely given the amount of time that has passed, some likely gave up on gyms returning to normality.

If your only goal is to remain fit and active, you really done need that much gym equipment at all.

I went at around 8pm last night and there were only a handful of people there, so you could get any equipment you wanted without waiting around for anyone and didn’t have to cross paths with anyone. It was good because there is a bit of anxiety there for me with the number of cases in Melbourne each day ATM.

I always go first day back after lockdowns and it’s always quiet the first few days - people who have friends (not me) tend to catch up with them, visit shops they haven’t been able to go to, dine out, get drunk at bars...etc ahead of getting back into workouts. These people tend to return Monday evening (universal chest day) judging by the last few lockdowns, so I would avoid that.

I wouldn't stress. The likelihood of contracting Covid in a gym, when everyone, including yourself, is double-vaxxed, has to be incredibly low.

Ppl could also be well set up with their own home gyms too
Was chatting with the gym manager getting my new FOB sorted in the slow moving system as everybody was starting up their clubs at 6:30 or so... He mentioned that they tried to order in some replacement equipment and just could not get their hands on any stock during hte last two major lockdowns last year and this year. He speculated it was most likely due to companies selling everything to consumers instead of businesses as people setup their home gyms etc.

Was chatting with the gym manager getting my new FOB sorted in the slow moving system as everybody was starting up their clubs at 6:30 or so... He mentioned that they tried to order in some replacement equipment and just could not get their hands on any stock during hte last two major lockdowns last year and this year. He speculated it was most likely due to companies selling everything to consumers instead of businesses as people setup their home gyms etc.

Everywhere is out of equipment! I ordered several pieces last month and it's going to take another 6 weeks for everything to arrive.

A guy was literally screaming and grunting with every rep today.

My big arse Beat Headphones still was not enough to stop his grunts assaulting my ears.

I was pissed off only because Sunday's is generally a very peaceful day at the gym. I wasnt alone, he scared one guy off and a girl left straight away when he went into his roid rage while lifting.

A guy was literally screaming and grunting with every rep today.

My big arse Beat Headphones still was not enough to stop his grunts assaulting my ears.

I was pissed off only because Sunday's is generally a very peaceful day at the gym. I wasnt alone, he scared one guy off and a girl left straight away when he went into his roid rage while lifting.

I would have been pissed, too. It's definitely a 'look at me' mentality - yes, you're a massive knob.

I would have been pissed, too. It's definitely a 'look at me' mentality - yes, you're a massive knob.
He has been warned apparently by staff before. I know as he told me.

I think eventually they will either cancel or just not allow him to renew his membership.

There are two things you shouldnt be able to hear if you are wearing headphones:

- grunters or
- the gym's music over the speakers
Even with grunters, Im ok if its towards the end of a set and/or they carry themselves around with a casual friendly demeanor.

However, when youre a roid head, look a bit psychotic and start grunting with every rep. It can be too much for some.

I mentioned on this thread before, he made a girl put her training jacket back on and you could tell she felt very uncomfortable when he was around her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with grunters, Im ok if its towards the end of a set and/or they carry themselves around with a casual friendly demeanor.

However, when youre a roid head, look a bit psychotic and start grunting with every rep. It can be too much for some.

I mentioned on this thread before, he made a girl put her training jacket back on and you could tell she felt very uncomfortable when he was around her.

Can you imagine how many people that would put off going to the gym? Having an inviting gym culture and atmosphere is huge for gym success.

Can you imagine how many people that would put off going to the gym? Having an inviting gym culture and atmosphere is huge for gym success.
I am not exaggerating either when I say this.

He was smashing a truck tire today with the heaviest hammer as if his life depended on breaking it. (must be some Xfitness s**t thing)

If I was looking at joining the gym and a complete newbie, it would definitely put me off.

Tried my new quality over-ear headphones (Monoprice BT600 ANC if anybody was wondering) at the gym last night and they made my head hot... but the ANC made the quality of the podcast/music I tried a much better experience than the loud music standard at Anytime Fitness.

I need to replace my old standard gym earphones (Jaybird Freedom 2) as they're nearing end-of-life and I'm tossing up on whether to buy good quality true-wireless earphones for the gym (~$200) or using the over-ears at the gym and either wiping them clean multiple times during/after the workouts or using something like this for sweat protection: https://wickedcushions.com/products/wc-sweatz-headphone-earpad-cover-black?variant=39293090955343

Surprisingly there were very few people in the gym at 6pm last night :O clearly there's not a huge rush to get back in there at my gym.

First session back today. Loved it and nothing irritating at all, sorry.
I just got back from the beach, long walk + a long time in the water swimming.

Lots of ppl around but everyone was super chilled.

Nothing irritated me either sorry
Enjoy the bliss.

Make no mistake, the January newbies will tear you guys a new one. lol.

Everywhere is out of equipment! I ordered several pieces last month and it's going to take another 6 weeks for everything to arrive.
What suppliers you preorder from?

I've only done preorders through Commercial Fitness since I started my home gym setup, everything else I got was available at time of purchase.

Had a look at Iron Edges reviews as I might buy a barbell or 2 from them eventually, nearly all their negative reviews was being fluffed about for weeks/months on preorders

Been trying to get in a few earlier in the day sessions in this week, has definitely helped getting to bed a bit earlier

Did 3 sets of 9,8,9 at 100kg for bench this morning, a 2 rep improvement on 3 weeks ago as that was 3x8. Really relied heavily on the caffeine from my coffee to get me through the workout (I think I will have to carb up a bit next time around, like have a banana or a few pieces of toast etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back