Is Geelong deliberately losing to avoid Richmond in the finals or are they just the worst top side this century?

Cats are willing to throw the season rather than play Richmond

• Yes you can smell the fear.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No they're just s**t.

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Jack Watts likes swimming in Corio bay and loves Tubby Porkins ****.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Geelongs supporters have confirmed in previous threads that the Cats deliberately lost a game to put Richmond into ninth, are they taking this cunning tactic a step further now that it looks as if we will have too play them at their alternative home ground in the finals and deliberately losing to avoid their collective nightmare?

Or are they just the s**t handbaggers weve come to know and "love"?

Geelong played above themselves in the opening rounds, as evidenced by Gary Rohan producing good football. Obviously that was never sustainable.

Geelong played above themselves in the opening rounds, as evidenced by Gary Rohan producing good football. Obviously that was never sustainable.

Sad thing is the Hawk's have also played above themselves.

Sad thing is the Hawk's have also played above themselves.
We never deluded ourselves into thinking we were in Premiership contention. I told you near the start of the year your club's chances of winning the 2019 flag are the same as ours and Geelong's form after the bye has proven me 100% correct. You & your Cats mates were fools to be sucked into thinking any different.

Last edited:
A very interesting article from the AFL, " The Cats had the luxury of a short injury list, but coach Chris Scott must be scratching his head wondering what has gone wrong with his side after a fourth defeat in seven games.

Geelong's grip on a top-two spot and home qualifying final is suddenly looking decidedly shaky, with West Coast and Brisbane both chances of moving to equal position on 14 wins by the conclusion of round 20.

With spearhead Tom Hawkins (three goals) held scoreless after quarter time, the Cats couldn't find an avenue forward and a run home against North Melbourne, Brisbane and Carlton is suddenly looking tricky.

After dominating the competition in an 11-1 start, there are serious doubts over Geelong's credibility as a flag contender, with a lack of leg speed exposed by the hungrier Dockers, who booted seven unanswered goals after half-time.

We never deluded ourselves into thinking we were in Premiership contention. I told you near the start of the year your club's chances of winning the 2019 flag are the same as ours and Geelong's form after the bye has proven me 100% correct. You & your Cats mates were fools to be sucked into thinking any different.

100% correct would be us not playing finals.

No mention of Richmond or Hawthorn anywhere in thread title, just a simple question, try to stay on topic you're being blinded by your obsession my friend.

G U dumb.

Why would we need to lose to avoid playing 5th?
You won't play 5th. You will be 5th, after you lose to Norf and Brissie. Then you can have your home final at your cheat ground against the Bullducks and still be #oneanddone when they flog you again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea, thats why I asked the question, is it because of the Cats long ingrained fear of meeting Richmond in finals that they lose, or are you just a very ordinary top of the ladder team?

Yes, but no matter how much we lose (or win) in the H&A, we won't play a 5th placed Richmond.

no matter how much we lose (or win) in the H&A, we won't play a 5th placed Richmond

That's true, but you could drop as low as 6th if you lose the next two; and winning the last round wouldn't necessarily improve your finish. In fact 7th is within the bounds of possibility if you lose all 3 games

ladder predictor 212.jpg

But it's more likely you'll finish 3rd and play the Brions at the Gabba or the Weagles in Perf first up, which you'll lose

lp.jpg

^ That can happen even if you go 2-1. Then your pretty little % won't matter

Of course if you do drop out of the Top 4, to 5th realistically, then you'll be bundled out in the EF since you can't win a game after a week off

Last edited:
Back