Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a frustrating year for me with IQ. Not with his form or development, but more with how he is playing or being played. There are three issues for me. First, he is probably our most reliable kick out of defence. But he seems to play more of the lock down role while Noble is playing more loose and being the link. One is a 9 out of 10 kick and the other a 6 out of 10. Second, he very, very rarely takes kick outs. One of my great frustrations has been watching him grab the ball from a behind and flick it across to Mayne to kick out. Third, he is a very, very good mark, but he rarely goes for them. Appreciate his discipline in punching, but I just want to see him back himself.

Been a frustrating year for me with IQ. Not with his form or development, but more with how he is playing or being played. There are three issues for me. First, he is probably our most reliable kick out of defence. But he seems to play more of the lock down role while Noble is playing more loose and being the link. One is a 9 out of 10 kick and the other a 6 out of 10. Second, he very, very rarely takes kick outs. One of my great frustrations has been watching him grab the ball from a behind and flick it across to Mayne to kick out. Third, he is a very, very good mark, but he rarely goes for them. Appreciate his discipline in punching, but I just want to see him back himself.
He's still young and we know he is going to mature into a very good footballer, he's pretty good now.

It’s a learning curve but I think you’re taking a little poetic license.

IQ has shown he is a long powerful kick but his kicking efficiency this year is at about 70%, Mayne closer to 90%, Noble somewhere in between.

Neither IQ or Noble give me great confidence they can lock down on an opponent.

Last edited:

Noble doesn't play loose, it just looks like that because he leaves his man to get to the contest to help out his teammates. It is an instinct / mindset for attacking that he has that IQ doesn't.

Noble doesn't play loose, it just looks like that because he leaves his man to get to the contest to help out his teammates. It is an instinct / mindset for attacking that he has that IQ doesn't.
If you watched IQ at junior level that is exactly the instinct he had, but with a better balance between attack and defend.

The club has clarified that the first part of his given name is pronounced the same as the "qui" in quinoa.

But then again you may have recently mentioned that Game Of Thrones wasn't particularly noteworthy viewing.

You OK mate? Seem to be under a bit of a cloud.

Maybe they were referring to the last 2 seasons of GoT. They were garbage!

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Just love the way this kid is developing, superb overhead for his size, strong body, decent pace, moves well, reads the play well, kicks well. Future champion in the making
Future mid I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like if we bring Dib on and try to develop him as a half-back IQ could move up the field.

However, there are quite a few guys vying for midfield time
True. IQ has a lot to learn before he gets his chance there.
Very solid player though.

That is because Noble cannot lock down on anyone. He is a waste of a spot. Promote one of the youngsters and give him Johnny's role.

His intercept marking anyways catches me by surprise, it's legitimately great. Add that to elite speed, impressive strength, a thumping, flat kick and clean hands.

He's got more tools than anyone else in our backline, and that's saying something.

His intercept marking anyways catches me by surprise, it's legitimately great. Add that to elite speed, impressive strength, a thumping, flat kick and clean hands.

He's got more tools than anyone else in our backline, and that's saying something.

Even more then Nick Daicos?