It's Crichton

willoblue

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2009
Melbourne CBD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Enough is enough with all of the creative spellings of Jesse's name.
Yes, I remember where it came from, but to deliberately err in spelling his name for this long, now that the joke is stale, is insulting to Jesse & his family.
No, he isn't my buddy, but yes I do like him as a player and think he can make it as an inside mid in the Kieran Jack mould.
So whaddaya say?
Can we refer to Jesse Crichton as Jesse or Crichton or whatever nickname he has so long as it isn't a deliberate miss-spelling of his surname?
cheers

But seriously, he's from Tasmania, are you sure he can even spell his own name?

Brodie Holland's parents could have called him Bob and he still wouldn't have known how to spell it.

This thread hasn't gone well. But I think Jessie knows what he has to do to get respect on this most fickle of boards.

I don't think it's really a lack of respect thing, just an in-joke that's become overused, like all of them eventually.

He could even take it as a compliment that he's become a quasi-cult hero.

I think the real crime is that people actually think they are funny when they deliberately misspell his name. Its the same as the nicnat texting jokes and the MJ pointing jokes. They were barely funny when they were actually fresh, now they are just embarrassing for the author.

You know how there is always one person in the group that thinks they are funny but really they aren't? Well if you can't think of that person and you think the above jokes are funny, then I'm sorry to say that its you.

Oh relax, it wasn't meant to be in any way offensive just a bit of a laugh that started when a poster miss-spelled Jesse's name a long time ago and it snowballed from there. Personally, I thought it was funny in a way that didn't vilify someone for a change. Which unfortunately appears to be this generations idea of funny.

I think the real crime is that people actually think they are funny when they deliberately misspell his name. Its the same as the nicnat texting jokes and the MJ pointing jokes. They were barely funny when they were actually fresh, now they are just embarrassing for the author.

You know how there is always one person in the group that thinks they are funny but really they aren't? Well if you can't think of that person and you think the above jokes are funny, then I'm sorry to say that its you.

Actually I think the pointing jokes were never funny, the texting joke funny if well overused but Kryt€n is still fresh for me; as it is satirising those posters who actually cannot spell it, which continues to be an issue. However, just like your and the OP's opinion of the gag, nobody cares about anyones view on running jokes.

Actually I think the pointing jokes were never funny, the texting joke funny if well overused but Kryt€n is still fresh for me; as it is satirising those posters who actually cannot spell it, which continues to be an issue. However, just like your and the OP's opinion of the gag, nobody cares about anyones view on running jokes.

I fully understand that nobody cares about my thoughts about the jokes. If the thread wasn't specifically relating to it then I wouldn't even mention it but given there is a thread I thought I'd put my opinion forward.

To me, they are in the same category as spelling mistakes and punctuation errors. I don't like them at all, but I don't get irritated enough by them to say anything about it.

Bring back the NicFat jokes.

NicFat_zps41fe6deb.jpg

Faitanuibono on the 2014 Brownlow Red Carpet.

I was at the Nab Cup game last weekend and three weagle teenagers were mocking Jesse for his mullet..the irony of it was the main culprit had a One direction cut, burgundy in colour, with a blonde dyed birdcack like splodge above the left ear and a thin rat tail hanging down from the left side too. I just laughed.

Willoblue is right though ..won't you all please leave Jesse alone ..sob :)

By the way the Crichton name and its derivatives goes back over 1000 years.which is about. Ooh...700 years more than "Australia" ;)

Why hasn't anybody stood up for the word definitely. I think I have seen more variations of that than Crichton.

Might be tongue in cheek but its still over the top imo.
Dont really find it funny.

They hear about this, they cop it from their mates etc.
Some it can spurr them on, others it can have a negative impact.
Not trying to say it should stop for those reasons though, because if they are that mentally fragile they arent cut out for professional sport.

Just look at Sutcliffe
His name became subcliffe.
he either ended up putting it on a whiteboard as motivation or his friends put it on their to stir him up.

Just not needed and not funny imo.

Also while we are at it.
It's GRIFFIN

Griffen plays for the western bulldogs

Back