Player Watch Jack Bytel

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Being cut from an underwhelming St Kilda side makes me naturally wary.

Hopefully however injury played it's part and he still has untapped potential.

Between him, Sullivan, Long, Macrae and Allan our VFL midfield will at times be stacked.

Welcome to Collingwood Jack.
Overall I think that will be good for our developing players in the VFL. We’ll get the game on our terms and be able to play they way we want to play and practice the structures of the seniors better. Hopefully they have a finals run as well so we can keep our depth match fit in finals incase something comes up.

Between him, Sullivan, Long, Macrae and Allan our VFL midfield will at times be stacked.

Ross the Boss kinda forgot he existed last year

That never concerns me. There is a history of players being rejected by lower clubs before becoming good players at better clubs. Look at our own club.

Off the top of my head:
Jimmy Clement
Brodie Holland
Leigh Brown
Darcy Cameron
Jack Crisp
Oleg Markov
Tom Mitchell

And I'm sure there are many more.

Last edited:
That never concerns me. There is a history of players being rejected by lower clubs before becoming good players at better clubs. Look at our own club.

Off the top of my head:
Jimmy Clement
Brodie Holland
Leigh Brown
Darcy Cameron
Jack Crisp

Yeah, Oleg Markov

Off the top of my head:
Jimmy Clement
Brodie Holland
Leigh Brown
Darcy Cameron
Jack Crisp

All those were targeted and traded for weren't they?

Like Mitchell, Frampton and Hill last off season.

Bytel was delisted and is more akin to Markov albeit Markov had played 50 games before landing at Collingwood and was at Richmond until the end of 2020 which owing to a successful era was a hard senior team to make.

Anyway good luck to him.

Off the top of my head:
Jimmy Clement
Brodie Holland
Leigh Brown
Darcy Cameron
Jack Crisp

domie ...i'll give ya leigh brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in draft days he was inside midfielder without much outside....i got a sense that he needed to try harder at the end..

maybe he didnt like ross

The saints have 2 threads on Bytel if I remember correctly. He has had a lot of injuries. Had back surgery in his first year and didn't play all year. He had a leg injury in his 3rd year and a few other issues as well. The saint saw him as an inside mid. He is a bit one paced but a big engine, tackles well and has decent skills.

Preferred Teakle or Sof. Filled more of a need than Bytel

Hopefully we see Sof in our VFL side with a MSD potential dangled in front of him. Thought he was impressive in the intra-club game yesterday.

Happy to defer to the club on Bytel. Yesterday was really the first time I’ve seen him this preseason and he seemed to struggle. Seemed to have JDG for much of the game though so he’s not the first mid to struggle against him.

Welcome Jack 👍

At 189cm and a pure centre mid… he’s possibly been targeted as somewhat of a Tyler brown replacement… a developing, tall big bodied mid to potentially add some variety to the future midfield stocks

Racked up touches at VFL level in his time… and found reasonable amount of ball, tackles and clearances in his 2021 senior appearances at the saints under Ratten

Then injury struck (again) and the new coach obviously didn’t rate him and gave him limited minutes and various roles when he did play seniors under Lyon

Good luck to him. Worth a punt imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back