Player Watch Jack Bytel

Remove this Banner Ad

They could have done a trade with us. They played tough and Connors beat them in a game of bluff.
They had an offer on the table of Goldsack and pick 30, and turned it down, so we used the pick 30 on Ball and kept Goldsack, turned them both into premiership players against St Kilda.

Probably would have just taken the Goldsack deal - He would 100% have been in their best 22 for all of 2010.

They had an offer on the table of Goldsack and pick 30, and turned it down, so we used the pick 30 on Ball and kept Goldsack, turned them both into premiership players against St Kilda.

Probably would have just taken the Goldsack deal - He would 100% have been in their best 22 for all of 2010.
St.Kilda, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

If Tom Mitchell gets injured or needs a week or two off for a rest, would we be more likely to bring in Bytel or Macrae. And I'm not just talking about the future, I'm talking about trying to win a game of footy in 2024.

I saw Bytel is being encouraged to be less of a one-trick-pony by shifting around the ground but if his #1 strength is inside mid, I surely can't see him play in the same team as Mitchell and Macrae?

Unless of course Mitchell is mid and Bytel takes Adams' fwd-mid spot, and Schultz is replacing someone else.

They could have at least tried to get something back from him.

The irony is we were willing to give up a multidimensional midfielder in Wellingham for him but the saints weren’t interested.
I believe that Wellingham's performance in the GF replay has always been under appreciated. He was very good that day. I knew we had won it when he burst through a forward stopped and kicked a goal in the third. One of my best memories of that glorious day.

I believe that Wellingham's performance in the GF replay has always been under appreciated. He was very good that day. I knew we had won it when he burst through a forward stopped and kicked a goal in the third. One of my best memories of that glorious day.
His career was very up and down, but he had a couple of very good years - with both us and WCE. He could seriously play but probably wasn't as committed as the consistent stars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just a fun joke to hang s**t on St Kilda. It's like "Who kicked 5 goals in the 1990 GF", which misleads with "Who".
"Who" to refer to a team as a collective isn't misleading.

Example:

"I went to the Collingwood - Carlton game yesterday"

"Who won?"

"Collingwood"

Perfectly normal use of a relative pronoun.

"Who" to refer to a team as a collective isn't misleading.

Example:

"I went to the Collingwood - Carlton game yesterday"

"Who won?"

"Collingwood"

Perfectly normal use of a relative pronoun.

Do you really think the question isn't trying to mislead you into thinking of individual players? That's the joke.

Supporters really are harsh on players having 'a' poor game. It happens.

Even the best players go through slumps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back