Player Watch Jack Bytel

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Jack đź‘Ť

At 189cm and a pure centre mid… he’s possibly been targeted as somewhat of a Tyler brown replacement… a developing, tall big bodied mid to potentially add some variety to the future midfield stocks

Racked up touches at VFL level in his time… and found reasonable amount of ball, tackles and clearances in his 2021 senior appearances at the saints under Ratten

Then injury struck (again) and the new coach obviously didn’t rate him and gave him limited minutes and various roles when he did play seniors under Lyon

Good luck to him. Worth a punt imo
If nothing else he has a nice build which looks good in black and white.

Being cut from an underwhelming St Kilda side makes me naturally wary.

(1) Oleg Markov had been cut from an underwhelming Suns team, so anything is possible.

(2) Ross Lyon is a good coach - you don’t take St Kilda and Freo to three GF’s between them if you ain’t. But he doesn’t strike me as a coach who allows all the personalities in the locker room to thrive.

(1) Oleg Markov had been cut from an underwhelming Suns team, so anything is possible.

(2) Ross Lyon is a good coach - you don’t take St Kilda and Freo to three GF’s between them if you ain’t. But he doesn’t strike me as a coach who allows all the personalities in the locker room to thrive.
He took Luke Ball off at half time in one GF.
Forced his hand for Bally to come to us.

He took Luke Ball off at half time in one GF.
Forced his hand for Bally to come to us.
tumblr_inline_mgnlnjY1em1qhot8f.gif

Of the 3 we picked up this one is meh. Honestly don’t see him playing anything but VFL where as the other 2 I can see playing seniors. I was the same about Oleg last year so maybe I’m wrong again, but I’ll need a lot of convincing on this guy. Anyway welcome to the pies.

This one did surprise me. But also, I suppose it shouldn't have. He has been quite consistent during the pre-season.
Elite runner and does a lot of good things right. Nice kick of the footy too.

Welcome Jack! I wouldn't mind another Jack running around with the #33 (unless sullivan gets it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know you're allowed to think a thing and not say it out loud, right? It's not mandatory to get on the internet and be knob about a player that the club just chose to list.
I’m not sure you understand how bigfooty works if this is your reply. It’s a forum for discussion and different opinions not a cult for those where no criticism is allowed. If you want that I hear it’s nice in China, North Korea and Russia but I’d stay away from open windows in Russia.

Congrats to JB. I thought he was a chance to get the nod, but l thought Teakle may have got an opportunity, but happy with Bytel.
He adds to our midfield depth, he's only 23/24, so he's in that phase where his career could take off and be a very good player, plus he has had that taste of senior footy.
Hopefully with a second chance he makes the most of this opportunity.
Welcome Jack....!!

76woodenspooners this is an accurate story. Ball complained after the game at being taken off.
Lyon responded "why don't you go to Collingwood instead of complain"
Luke Ball " ok I will"

Kudos to Ross Lyon, that was sage advice đź‘Ť

I’m not sure you understand how bigfooty works if this is your reply. It’s a forum for discussion and different opinions not a cult for those where no criticism is allowed. If you want that I hear it’s nice in China, North Korea and Russia but I’d stay away from open windows in Russia.
Again, you're allowed to, but you don't have to be a knob.

Seems like you're committed to it being your full time job though.

Welcome Jack đź‘Ť

At 189cm and a pure centre mid… he’s possibly been targeted as somewhat of a Tyler brown replacement… a developing, tall big bodied mid to potentially add some variety to the future midfield stocks

Racked up touches at VFL level in his time… and found reasonable amount of ball, tackles and clearances in his 2021 senior appearances at the saints under Ratten

Then injury struck (again) and the new coach obviously didn’t rate him and gave him limited minutes and various roles when he did play seniors under Lyon

Good luck to him. Worth a punt imo
He's got some huge shoes to fill if he's going to replace Tyler Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back