Unrestricted Free Agent Jack Graham [UFA 2024]

Grahams Future

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One that could benefit both, what if the Eagles offered Graham a good enough deal to trigger a compo pick either after Richmond's first this year, or at the end of the first round.

Richmond then trade Baker to them for a third or fourth or something, providing that Graham compo is good enough. This keeps Baker out of the PSD where another club could claim him.

Eagles get: Graham and Baker for a third or fourth + a contract for Graham

Richmond get West Coast's 3rd/4th + a pick after ours say pick 6 compo for Baker and Graham.

That's a win win for both clubs, is there any way that fantasy works?

The AFL monitor deals, and supposedly stop that sort of thing. Probably OK if it was the Cats. Don't think they would let us do it.

You would be surprised.
As long as Cats benefit in some way, they'll deal fairly and honestly with any club.
We're happy for the Cats to get some sort of token second rounder as part of this deal, for some reason.

I just want my rort of the compensation system for once. It seems other clubs have benefited from it so why not us?

One that could benefit both, what if the Eagles offered Graham a good enough deal to trigger a compo pick either after Richmond's first this year, or at the end of the first round.

Richmond then trade Baker to them for a third or fourth or something, providing that Graham compo is good enough. This keeps Baker out of the PSD where another club could claim him.

Richmond get West Coast's 3rd/4th + a pick after ours say pick 6 compo for Baker and Graham.

We will be lucky to get a 3rd round-pick for Graham certainly not a first-round pick that's laughable & also he has got a hamstring strain at training this week.

We will be lucky to get a 3rd round-pick for Graham certainly not a first-round pick that's laughable & also he has got a hamstring strain at training this week.
It's a question of whether the contract could be shaped to earn that compo, I dont think the AFL look at the quality of the player when applying compensation.

You would be surprised.
As long as Cats benefit in some way, they'll deal fairly and honestly with any club.

It's a joke that the rules get bent for the Cats, and bent the other way for the Tigers.

I could see us getting a comp 2nd or end of 2nd rounder if he goes to West Coast as they still have to hit their salary floor so would probably pay overs.

Strange supporter base.

I can see how much the recent Stengle trade has brainwashed you lot.
Richmond didn't deal with Geelong in the Stengle trade / he wasn't picked up by Geelong from Richmond as the recent club.

Stengle went Richmond > Adelaide > Delisted > SANFL > Geelong

We're happy for the Cats to get some sort of token second rounder as part of this deal, for some reason.

I just want my rort of the compensation system for once. It seems other clubs have benefited from it so why not us?
😂😂😂 you got to sign Tom Lynch for nothing and then went on to win 2 more flags. Sure it’s not a compensation rort and yes free agency is the norm now in the afl but cmon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not even close to a dubious compensation deal.
Yeah I said that. Point being you have benefited quite nicely from the system and it’s hilarious that you already feel like you need to rort it

Hey if Ben McKay can somehow get a club pick 3 or 4 in return, there's a rort to be had somewhere.

The AFL deliberately went about manipulating that trade so that Richmond could lose out.
In fact, covid 19 was probably all due to ensuring Richmond would fall away.
Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Would be surprised if this is not at least being explored....

I dont think there is a world where we could offer Graham enough to even get close to getting a band 1 compo, it would be so painfully obvious that we are abusing the system. Band 2 compo for Graham then a F2 for Baker sounds right without being too stupid, if we were to go down that path. Essentially an end of first and start of second for Baker and Graham

I dont think there is a world where we could offer Graham enough to even get close to getting a band 1 compo, it would be so painfully obvious that we are abusing the system. Band 2 compo for Graham then a F2 for Baker sounds right without being too stupid, if we were to go down that path. Essentially an end of first and start of second for Baker and Graham
Let's say that's pick 19 for Baker and pick what for Graham, 25?

Slightly unders for Baker, but overs for Graham, probably evens out and wouldn't be a terrible outcome for us.

Let's say that's pick 19 for Baker and pick what for Graham, 25?

Slightly unders for Baker, but overs for Graham, probably evens out and wouldn't be a terrible outcome for us.
My guess is Graham probably fetches band 3 compo on the free market which is after your second round pick. Basically ends up at you getting roughly 19 for Baker. You might get a touch more from Freo but if Baker wants to come to West Coast thats probably your best case scenario tbh

My guess is Graham probably fetches band 3 compo on the free market which is after your second round pick. Basically ends up at you getting roughly 19 for Baker. You might get a touch more from Freo but if Baker wants to come to West Coast thats probably your best case scenario tbh
Anything inside pick 40 is probably a decent deal for Graham, it's the Baker value we want to maximise.

Back