Recommitted Jack Lonie [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

OOC, and looks like the Saints aren't all that keen on him, either wait tell he is delisted or offer up our current pick 58 which will probably end up low 60s after compo and PPs.

I haven't seen a lot of him but the little bits I have he looks OK, we need more small forward depth.

Tough one, early second rounder is a touch high which is what the Lions have and a third seems low. Mid-second rounder would make sense here

Tough one, early second rounder is a touch high which is what the Lions have and a third seems low. Mid-second rounder would make sense here

Of you're not a free agent or a top player and remain uncontacted at this stage of the year you're probably looking at no more than a 5th or a very late 4th round pick at best

OOC, and looks like the Saints aren't all that keen on him, either wait tell he is delisted or offer up our current pick 58 which will probably end up low 60s after compo and PPs.

I haven't seen a lot of him but the little bits I have he looks OK, we need more small forward depth.
If he's un-contracted ....i agree, a late 3rd round pick ....a bargain

I'd definitely trade our 3rd rounder for him without hesitation. He is a player who is ready to explode, would actually consider trading our 2nd for him but that may be a bit too much.

Reckon we're floating him to get back into the 2nd/3rd round of the draft. Pick in the mid 30s seems fair to all parties

I’d have him. Great pick up for the lions.

Hes a smart player, gives 100% effort each week and and knows how to get plenty of shots on goals... that's about it.

He's physically weak, tries to do too much, poor shot on goal, limited to one position at AFL level, stages for free kicks.

He was finally beginning to play some decent footy in his last few games which we havent seen since his debut season so I thought he may have been offered a contract. Not too concerned either way. If we got Brisbanes pick in the high 50s, that would be fair. Anything extra is a major bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent amount of chatter on the Dees board with us linked to him which I thought was odd. I mean I'll take him for nothing to add to depth if he's decent. But you'd think it'd be another bottom 4-6 club that would be looking at him?

This guy is an Ameet Bains special.

Small, named Jack, non descript in appearance, no outstanding qualities.

Good luck doggies!

Decent amount of chatter on the Dees board with us linked to him which I thought was odd. I mean I'll take him for nothing to add to depth if he's decent. But you'd think it'd be another bottom 4-6 club that would be looking at him?

Which is bizarre because Kent and Garlett aren't regular best 22 players and both are comfortably better than Lonie.

Don't agree that he's a smart pick up at all. Too small and unathletic with no physical presence.

Yep he only kicks goals and we all that's not important in the modern game.

I hope he stays with the Saints, he's 11th in the "Non Key Forward" average goals kicked per game stat, he's on 40 games, and i figure even the smallest players bulk up a bit between 20 and 30 years of age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back