FTA-TV Jack Ryan

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
10 part Amazon series featuring the Tom Clancy character we have seen in several movies previously. This time John Krasinski stars as the CIA analyst dragged into the field to save the world from impending danger.

The trailer looks a bit Michael Bay, Murica * Yeah but the show might be worth a look.

Jun 14, 2011
Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC/NYY/LAL/Green Bay Packers/UW
Michael Bay is a producer, so that probably explains it haha.

I really liked it. Great cast helps carry it with Krasinski, Pierce and Cornish. Will watch it again.

I felt they fleshed out the bad guys well enough that they just weren’t Islamic terrorist by the numbers.

Didn’t get the drone pilot sub plot. Was in a couple of episodes and then they ditched it as if they realised it was completely pointless to the overall scheme of things

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Watched the first ep. It's quite cliched and explosion-ey but still fun. Going to keep going with it for now.

The theme tune is a bit of a Westworld rip off.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Just finished the 8 episode season.

Probably just a 6/10 show imo.

It had great production values and was very well shot but imo was pretty poorly written (I have no idea if this is actually a Tom Clancy book or something new based on the character). The acting was uneven - Wendell Pierce as Greer was quite good but John Krasinski as Jack Ryan was pretty meh. I'm surprised that Abbie Cornish is in this - it doesn't seem like her sort of thing and her character was very shallow.

And that's before I even get to all of the illogical things that happened over the course of the story, or the weird B-story of a the drone pilot

Back