Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate Hopper, but don't reckon he is much use anywhere but on the ball.

Kelly
Shiel
Coniglio
Ward
Whitfield
Scully

All ahead of him, and

Setterfield
Taranto

Possibly more talent and will go passed him imo

I was certain he'd look for more money, more opportunities and a longer term deal elsewhere.

Hopper is highly rated and is an inside type, Giants lack that. Ward is the only pure inside extractor they have, hence why they wanted to keep Hooper.

Hopper is highly rated and is an inside type, Giants lack that. Ward is the only pure inside extractor they have, hence why they wanted to keep Hooper.
Look at tje clearance stats. Ward, Shiel and Coniglio share it pretty evenly l. But yeah Hopper is a different breed and a ball extractor. With Cogs he allows Shiel and Kelly to focus on their strengths outside.

3 is a list now?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Definition of "List":
a number of connected items or names written or printed consecutively, typically one below the other.

Yeh 3 names written consecutively is a list.

I think it has to be conceded that GWS are doing a brilliant job at player retention.
Doing a better job than GCS but that's not difficult. They've only really lost three players they definitely would rather have kept hold of; Treloar, Boyd and Marchbank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it has to be conceded that GWS are doing a brilliant job at player retention.
I think you'd find our position as supporters a bit wierd compared to traditional club. Prior to this year we've had an expanded list reducing every year. I think the coaches have driven the list to be of AFL quality and accepted that some will have their careers elsewhere.

When you watch guys busting a gut at NEAFL level and in our AFL side to make it, personally I wish them well when they trade out for opportunity. It changes from this year with our list size normalised and no doubt we'll learn to hate the excers in the future.

No way. He was good depth, but not best 22 this year (with the exception of all our injuries)

Meh whatever, your opinion isn't worth much.

I've heard from plenty of better sources than you that the giants were disappointed he left.
Not in retrospect and hypotheticals, but actually how it was.

While i have your attention snooks- what's your latest take it to the bank guarantee of the exact date kelly will re-sign?

I think you'd find our position as supporters a bit wierd compared to traditional club. Prior to this year we've had an expanded list reducing every year. I think the coaches have driven the list to be of AFL quality and accepted that some will have their careers elsewhere.

When you watch guys busting a gut at NEAFL level and in our AFL side to make it, personally I wish them well when they trade out for opportunity. It changes from this year with our list size normalised and no doubt we'll learn to hate the excers in the future.
Couldn't hate Josh Kelly though...such a graceful player...

Not to mention the unprecedented tidal wave of half your best 22 all hitting free agency eligibility at once.

That won't be easy to navigate or accept as a fan.

The giants have done a great job keeping the list together to this point though.

It will be facinating to see if a flag helps or hinders their player retention.
Gotta win one to find out i suppose

Last edited:
Not to mention the unprecedented tidal wave of half your best 22 all hitting free agency eligibility at once.

That won't be easy to navigate or accept as a fan.

The giants have done a great job keeping the list together to this point though.

It will be facinating to see if a flag helps or hinders their player retention.
Gotta win one to find out i suppose
I think the club is smart enough to have seen this salary cap crunch coming, and free agency in the future. I think we'll be fine and a flag woukd be more if a bond for the team than anything.
New teams face the biggest risk at startup when the culture and the club itself is not really defined in my view.

I thought the same until i saw hopper carrying: swisse supplements, a big mac, gatorade bottles, coca-cola yoyo, slab of carlton draught, woolworths rewards points form, newest tissot, a mars bar, virgin australia free flights, free stamps, thrifty car rental vouchers, wolf blass and jim bean bottle, new spectacles from opsm, coates hire coupon, accor hotels voucher, muscle milk box, 600ml pump with lemon, Dewalt set from bunnings, rebel sports vouchers, a brand new sherrin, goodlife lifetime membership, zxu compression shorts, a couple boxes of radiant laundry powder, jlt/gio/mlc life insurance/hostplus membership packs, free one month subscription to foxtel go, telstra bigpond modem, a drinkwise sticker, david beckham cologne from chemist warehouse, and a nab credit card with no annual fee. He loaded it up into his brand new toyota hiLux.

The perks of doing right by the AFL. They look after you.

I thought the same until i saw hopper carrying: swisse supplements, a big mac, gatorade bottles, coca-cola yoyo, slab of carlton draught, woolworths rewards points form, newest tissot, a mars bar, virgin australia free flights, free stamps, thrifty car rental vouchers, wolf blass and jim bean bottle, new spectacles from opsm, coates hire coupon, accor hotels voucher, muscle milk box, 600ml pump with lemon, Dewalt set from bunnings, rebel sports vouchers, a brand new sherrin, goodlife lifetime membership, zxu compression shorts, a couple boxes of radiant laundry powder, jlt/gio/mlc life insurance/hostplus membership packs, free one month subscription to foxtel go, telstra bigpond modem, a drinkwise sticker, david beckham cologne from chemist warehouse, and a nab credit card with no annual fee. He loaded it up into his brand new toyota hiLux.

The perks of doing right by the AFL. They look after you.
I wish I had a Toyota Hilux.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back