News Jake Pasini signs with Swan Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent, I was concerned about his position with the changes to caps and lack of exposure due to COVID.

I was his home room and English teacher, and he's a good kid.
Then for your homework, you have to provide some background information on Jake- whether he was a junior gun or a late bloomer, whether sporting ability runs in the family, whether he was always in AFL contention, his strengths as a junior etc.

I love giving teachers homework!

Then for your homework, you have to provide some background information on Jake- whether he was a junior gun or a late bloomer, whether sporting ability runs in the family, whether he was always in AFL contention, his strengths as a junior etc.

How many goals did his dad kick in his first firsts match?

I manipulated a spreadsheet I have on rookies to see how rare it is to give a 1st year rookie a 2 year contract and also given he hasn't even been able to play a proper match for the Magpies - just scratch matches.

Since the December 2010 rookie draft we have drafted 27 players - ignoring players dropped down from the main list. Rookie players can get 3 x 1 year contracts without having to be redrafted.

Pasini is the only player of the 27 to get a 2 year contract from Port during or at end of their 1st season.

4 players - Jonas, Kane Mitchell, Sam Gray and Krakouer were elevated on to the main list after 2nd year.

2 players - Houston and Lienert were given 2 year contracts during or at end of their second year but the first year of their new contract they stayed on the rookie list, were paid more than rookie minimum but the first $80k of their base payment is outside the salary cap. I reckon Pasini probably gets the same sort of deal, 1 year as a rookie but get more than the minimum and 2nd year on the main list.

1 player Ladhams got a 3 year deal but only after 3 x 1 years on the rookie list.

1 player Hewett had 3 x 1 year contracts then was re drafted in the rookie draft and got a 4th year.

5 players played games whilst on the rookie list but never got a contract to take them onto the main list ie
Irons -3 games, Pfeiffer -16, Snelling -1, Eddy -3 and Sutcliffe - 8

Grundy is in trouble IMO.

I have put players in 3 year blocks to try and squeeze everyone onto 1 screen.
Green - promotion to main list
Light Green - promotion to main list but 1st year of 2 year contract still classified as a rookie.
Red - end of time at Ports
Light brown - played games but never got permanent promotion to main list
Yellow - 3 year unregistered player or NGA player.

1599539666282.png

From all accounts his dad was a gun for Southern Cross, and his sister was a decent netballer (I left the school when Jake was heading into year 11, so no idea how she went with that). There wasn't huge wraps on him in lower school, but he had a massive growth spurt in Year 10 and then started playing really good colts footy as an underager for Swan Districts (who I follow closely so it all came together nicely).

I was surprised he lasted until the rookie draft, he had all the tools to be an AFL KPD when he put some weight on. Good 1v1, reads the play well and has really tidy disposal.

Can't find any highlights of the kid I did see a short clip when we drafted him but can't find it?

At the risk of this post coming back to bite me, he is the KPD we're crying out for.

Yeah look not sure. What we lack is size and strength. Jake is 193 and 82kg. Unless he's grown 5cm and 15kg he's going to struggle against the likes of Hawkins, lynch, brown, Hipwood, cox, king, etc
Most clubs have at least one kpf pushing 200cm or over these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll put on muscle over time. Height wise he's as tall as Clurey and taller than Jonas and McKenzie.
Which is, I guess, the problem... we still need to find that 198-200cm KPD to develop into the Harris Andrews type.
It’s why I would at least like to try Todd Marshall down back (don’t shoot).

Yeah look not sure. What we lack is size and strength. Jake is 193 and 82kg. Unless he's grown 5cm and 15kg he's going to struggle against the likes of Hawkins, lynch, brown, Hipwood, cox, king, etc
Most clubs have at least one kpf pushing 200cm or over these days
Buzza is a pretty big unit, we should have tried him in the back lines seeing as he'll never get a shot at FF.

It’s why I would at least like to try Todd Marshall down back (don’t shoot).

Ydks.gif

ive never seen him play so im still waiting, i'll never take the judgement of people on this board as most the time they wouldnt have a clue what they are talking about. If we went by their judgement Jasper would still be here, Trengove would be captain, Mason should would still be on the list and Cam O'Shea would be our line breaker and Jarman Impey is gods gift to what ever position he plays this week.

ive never seen him play so im still waiting, i'll never take the judgement of people on this board as most the time they wouldnt have a clue what they are talking about. If we went by their judgement Jasper would still be here, Trengove would be captain, Mason should would still be on the list and Cam O'Shea would be our line breaker and Jarman Impey is gods gift to what ever position he plays this week.

Really good post mate, great contribution to the board.

and John Butcher kicked 8 goals on debut.

let it go, Trengove's a hack

Okay cool man, pretty much the entire board was happy to let Trengove go when he left, but you keep pretending that you and you alone are the oracle of spotting football talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back