Speculation Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Reports this morning that Grundy's costing the Swans more than first thought, and their salary cap has "returned to bursting point".
Swans have 19 players out of contract this year. I wonder how these journos know how much they plan to offer everyone of them?
Meanwhile they are offering bog amounts to JUH..
I'd say bull...

Reports this morning that Grundy's costing the Swans more than first thought, and their salary cap has "returned to bursting point".

Grundy costing Swans $750k plus the Pies still stumping up $300k pa. $1m pa.

$750k isnt breaking the Swans salary cap.

If McDonald goes to Freo Swans have the picks and the cash.

Warner a FA in 2025 would also free up close to a million.

If JUH agreed to go, the Swans would make the cap room.

possibly.

I was just quoting the HUN.

It's certainly not breaking them next year.
If you get a marquee player in, fringe types get jettisoned. Mumford was traded post Buddy deal (for example)

Bevos favourite journo Tom Morris reporting he’s posed to sign on for either 2 or 4 years at the dogs. Great news for doggies fans, seems he is the one they want to keep the most.
He's the one we wanted most and were most confident about.
Tim English and Bailey Smith are the big question marks.

Bevos favourite journo Tom Morris reporting he’s posed to sign on for either 2 or 4 years at the dogs. Great news for doggies fans, seems he is the one they want to keep the most.

Damn, I really wanted this as a side show ongoing during the year so no one notices the cats targeting Smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but the issue doesn't come from people who know every detail, the pressure comes from casual fans. Casual fans can be distracted

Regardless of whether or not casual fans are going to “notice” Geelong trying to recruit Smith, it’s not going to impact you guys getting him or not.

All clubs would be aware of what’s going on behind the scenes and that’s probably all that really matters.

Regardless of whether or not casual fans are going to “notice” Geelong trying to recruit Smith, it’s not going to impact you guys getting him or not.

All clubs would be aware of what’s going on behind the scenes and that’s probably all that really matters.

Yeah just better to be off Broadway during negotiations I think.

Could go to Hawks anyway

Franklin's contract is off the books which is where the money for Jordan, Adams, Grundy went. I imagine Parker and Rampe will retire at the end of next season... Lloyd maybe the same. That will free up decent coin. We're okay.

The Dogs? English, Naughton, Bont, and JUH all going to be up around $1m a season. We had 1 in Buddy and it cost us trying to keep the likes of Dawson, Mitchell, Hewett, etc. over the years. A lot of promising prospects at the Dogs are going to be picked off by rival clubs in the coming years.

Hearld Sun reporting
Franklin's contract is off the books which is where the money for Jordan, Adams, Grundy went. I imagine Parker and Rampe will retire at the end of next season... Lloyd maybe the same. That will free up decent coin. We're okay.

The Dogs? English, Naughton, Bont, and JUH all going to be up around $1m a season. We had 1 in Buddy and it cost us trying to keep the likes of Dawson, Mitchell, Hewett, etc. over the years. A lot of promising prospects at the Dogs are going to be picked off by rival clubs in the coming years.
Well thankfully JUH won’t be one of them. Feel free to take English tho.

We seem to be the only club in the land who can’t afford our list, who can’t hold onto all of our star players and who will lose multiple players in the coming years….

(Shrugs shoulders)
It’s not like we haven’t heard this all before but yet Sam Power still manages to Re-Sign our star players

It’s not like we haven’t heard this all before but yet Sam Power still manages to Re-Sign our star players

Just not sure how anyone can guess without knowing where we’re at with our cap, whats front ended and what’s back ended. We also haven’t overpaid players to keep them like a GWS did (which they had to) so you can’t even compare our situation to GWS.

Meanwhile all other clubs are supposedly managing just fine.

Frustrating to read to be honest.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back