Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I posted about this somewhere on BF but can’t remember where - at a function I was at last week they asked Merrett whether he thought Hird should come back as coach and he said he didn’t think so. Followed it up by saying if he made it through the process blah blah he’d support him etc but was pretty clear what his view was.

Hirds biggest strength is building relationships and inspiring people gws players couldn't stop raving about him they loved him.

Not syaing we get Hird but thats kind of coach Essendon needs right now. Hird had the players playing for the jumper something Worsfold and Rutten failed to do.

Taranto and Hopper loved Hirdy so much they couldn't wait to leave the club

If Essendon want to appoint him then I honestly cant see why not. Go for it, they don't need to answer to any other clubs or the AFL. If he wins his way through the process as the best candidate then it proves he has the necessary coaching and life experience and may be just what they need to get the club back on track.

(BWAHAHAHWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!%%!%%!^!!!*!! PLEASE YES PLEASE YES)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s like that time when I was managing a major hotel. I endangered the lives of the employees in my care, took no responsibility for my actions, destroyed the reputation of my employer, and financially ruined the hotel. I was given a second chance by the hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slobbo & the Murdoch Media have been conditioning the public all year for Hird's return..It's too obvious what the agenda has been..In relation to Hird when I was selling AFL apparel in the mid 90's Paul McConville a player Manager nowadays was the Sales Rep.. Told me point blank that Hird had been done for using performong enhancement drugs but they were using an injury as the excuse for him missing a chunk of the season.. Can't recall which yr it around 96 or 97.. Also I used to chat with Jake Melksham's cousin & he spilled the beans.. They were all aware what was going down.. They were pin cushions & the players were told to keep it quiet how often they were being jabbed..

Geewizz... have to admire his resilience, and gall, in applying for a head coaching position after the PED scandal he oversaw and tried to hide from the chief medic, and for which he kept no records, and after the second disastrous coaching stint. Even Jesus Christ hasn't yet dared a second coming after 2 millennia, and here is James after ... 8 years....

I am reminded of my recurring HERPES which rears its scaly head every so often reminding me of my reprobate past and Belinda the tightend at the female rugby side at St. Helen's all those years ago.

James Herpes Hird.
St Helens Lancashire!? If so, gee whiz, you’re a braver man than I touching those 2 legged pit ponies.

Slobbo & the Murdoch Media have been conditioning the public all year for Hird's return..It's too obvious what the agenda has been..In relation to Hird when I was selling AFL apparel in the mid 90's Paul McConville a player Manager nowadays was the Sales Rep.. Told me point blank that Hird had been done for using performong enhancement drugs but they were using an injury as the excuse for him missing a chunk of the season.. Can't recall which yr it around 96 or 97.. Also I used to chat with Jake Melksham's cousin & he spilled the beans.. They were all aware what was going down.. They were pin cushions & the players were told to keep it quiet how often they were being jabbed..
I agree on the conditioning

The timing of the Hird interviews lately
The publicising of all the coaches that ARENT applying for the job (it's a bit weird)
The early season commentary from Gil that Hird shoudl get another chance
Hird returning to the coaching box at GWS
All the 150th Celebration and all the focus on Hird
Rutten getting a bit of public humiliation after a last minute, no chance offer was thrown at clarko
Sheedy's public support

It's all been pointing in one direction for so long.

Last edited:
When your good buddy Slobbo controls the Narrative they can tell the public whatever they like.. Here's what I know to be fact..Slobbo & the Murdoch Media have been conditioning the public all year for Hird's return..It's too obvious what the agenda has been..In relation to Hird when I was selling AFL apparel in the mid 90's Paul McConville a player Manager nowadays was the Sales Rep.. Told me point blank that Hird had been done for using performong enhancement drugs but they were using an injury as the excuse for him missing a chunk of the season.. Can't recall which yr it around 96 or 97.. Also I used to chat with Jake Melksham's cousin & he spilled the beans.. They were all aware what was going down.. They were pin cushions & the players were told to keep it quiet how often they were being jabbed..
I find it hard that to belive and before you bring it up and anyone else does yes i know about the pic with him and Shane Charter during his playing career.

That bloke would have been with dozens of players at the time does that mean they were on the peds too.

Back