Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

*en star.

One can only imagine how much better he would have been without that serious back issue in his younger years...
He got slammed into the gutter against the fence at one point. He got up very gingerly with obvious body pain. I was holding my breath that he'd be okay, but Billy is such a tough nut and continued giving his all.
Checkers said in a post-game interview for 7 that he was in the rooms "pretty banged up". He's had enormous courage and determination throughout his career.

Was a great QB sack by Jamie!

You think instead of “where’s my opportunity?” Zorko should have been yelling “where’s my protection on that blitzer?!”?

:D

I liked Jamie from the moment he played but then fell in love with him more after reading the following articles.

Love the way he plays his footy, never gives up, his tackles, his clutch goals.

Just goes on his business in being the best he can without the fanfare. Also his smile, whenever he chooses to (not often).

I liked Jamie from the moment he played but then fell in love with him more after reading the following articles.

Love the way he plays his footy, never gives up, his tackles, his clutch goals.

Just goes on his business in being the best he can without the fanfare. Also his smile, whenever he chooses to (not often).
He's always been my favourite, hence my account name & my dog Elliott, is named after him 😉

Most deserving premiership player for the Pies & who I was most thrilled for. He's been so loyal. Didn't think he'd ever get there, particularly with all his injuries early on.

He got slammed into the gutter against the fence at one point. He got up very gingerly with obvious body pain. I was holding my breath that he'd be okay, but Billy is such a tough nut and continued giving his all.
Checkers said in a post-game interview for 7 that he was in the rooms "pretty banged up". He's had enormous courage and determination throughout his career.
He uses his body like he's built like Jordy and thus gets up gingerly with obvious pain 10 times a game. I no longer pay any attention to it.

While we are disappointed to not come away with the full 4pts can we please acknowledge once again the mark by Elliott.

It was one for the ages, it'll be remembered forever by any Collingwood supporter old enough to witness it and will be replayed long after they've all gone. Soaring above the 201cm McKay only makes it more meritorious.

That was epic.

GL_kOxaaIAEwAMa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as we love the mark (and the goal that followed), he did drop the mark that he would have taken 9 times out of 10 that ended up costing us the chance to win the game... I bet he thinks about the dropped mark more than the speccie...

As much as we love the mark (and the goal that followed), he did drop the mark that he would have taken 9 times out of 10 that ended up costing us the chance to win the game... I bet he thinks about the dropped mark more than the speccie...
I wouldn’t be too harsh with him on that. Don’t think it was that easy of a mark to take really. He had to roll for it.

He’ll be beating himself up over it.

Bigger issue was our leading goal kicker missing two OOTF in the last quarter at crucial moments. Not even registering a point which one would have been enough.

That was epic.

GL_kOxaaIAEwAMa
brilliant brilliant pic.

i always love the faces & reactions of the people in the crowd, particularly those who have reacted ahead of the rest.

and in this pic, it's one clear standout and two mouths wide open:
  1. (very top middle of pic): kid in Collingwood beanie & scarf, who's thrown a hand in the air & picked the mark-of-the-year well before anyone else
  2. (front row, bottom right of pic, behind McKay's back): lady wearing sunnies, who's gone the mouth wide open
  3. (front row, bottom left of pic, behind Laverde back): lady, half-covering her mouth?, who's also gone the mouth wide open 'gawfoo'

Hahaha I love it.

Billy gets points for taking it in his hands. So many of the really high marks you see end up chest marks… they cop an immediate downgrade from me.

brilliant brilliant pic.

i always love the faces & reactions of the people in the crowd, particularly those who have reacted ahead of the rest.

and in this pic, it's one clear standout and two mouths wide open:
  1. (very top middle of pic): kid in Collingwood beanie & scarf, who's thrown a hand in the air & picked the mark-of-the-year well before anyone else
  2. (front row, bottom right of pic, behind McKay's back): lady wearing sunnies, who's gone the mouth wide open
  3. (front row, bottom left of pic, behind Laverde back): lady, half-covering her mouth?, who's also gone the mouth wide open 'gawfoo'

Bombers kid 6 rows back RHS also suitably impressed eyebrows up.

The TV footage is good for wave of reactions - a Bombers fan front row first to react with a palms out sook of "where's the free for the unrealistic attempt ump"?
(in fairness 99/100 times the ump probably does pay unrealistic attempt there...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back