Jana Pittman.......champ, chump or drama queen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers_Forever said:
She was doing it with statements like "I did my talking on the track", basically pointing to Lewis bad mouthing her on MMM etc. It was subtle but I could see who some of her comments were directed at.
Really? I took it as a decision to concentrate on running instead of the media attention and the infighting. I guess people can contort words to suit themselves either way. Considering she had already commented on the MMM thing directly, it seems unlikely she chose to go back to that issue in such a subtle manner.

The girl seems to have had a wake up call, thought everyone hated her, was well supported by the crowd and has decided to pull her head in and give something back.

masthead.gif

March 27th 2006: Club Turns On Pittman
By Luke Dennehy Source:

Jana Pittman was in tears early yesterday morning after being booed by a nightclub crowd.

Australia's golden girl of the track had to be comforted by fiance Chris Rawlinson backstage after the response.
Pittman had been introduced to the 2500 Last Lap crowd at the QBH club by MC Michael Roberts.

Witnesses said she could not believe such a negative reaction after her successful gold medal winning Commonwealth Games and her overwhelmingly positive response at the MCG.
Roberts said yesterday he was still "gobsmacked" at the crowd's reaction and friends and other athletes said the crowd's behaviour was disgusting.

"I just couldn't believe it," Roberts told the Herald Sun. "I felt really sorry for her.
"I tried to comfort her onstage a little by sticking pretty close to her.
"I fired a question to her about running for Australia and what it was like to perform like she did at the MCG.
"To her credit, she toughed it out and answered the question, then spun on her heels and went.
"I know there were tears out the back and that she was pretty shattered."

Pittman was introduced to the packed nightclub about 1.30am, just after fellow gold medallists the Hockeyroos and 4 x 400m relay runners Mark Ormrod and Chris Troode.

0,1658,5129286,00.jpg

All these athletes received a huge cheer from the crowd.
Roberts introduced her a second time after the first negative response.
The crowd response improved, but some booed again.
Outside the packed venue Pittman received a huge cheer and Roberts said the same welcome was expected inside.
"Here was a person that has run her heart out and that reaction I didn't expect," he said.

After being consoled backstage, Pittman later headed up to the VIP Gold Room at QBH.
Still ashen-faced, she received a positive response from fellow athletes including Craig Mottram, John Steffensen and discus gold medallist Scott Martin, and by the end of the night Pittman was smiling again.

Before her 400m hurdle run last week, Pittman lost sleep at the thought of being booed at the MCG, but those fears were unfounded.
"I would hate to think anyone would boo her because I'm worried at how she might react," Rawlinson said at the time.

Pittman will put the Games behind her this week as she prepares to marry Rawlinson.

The Last Lap was full of gold medal winning athletes late on Saturday night. As well as the track and field stars, gold medallist boxers Brad Pitt and Jarrod Fletcher and our gold medal hockey women all partied into early Sunday morning.
Australian Commonwealth Games athletics legend Jane Flemming and 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games men's 100m sprint champion Linford Christie joined long jump world record holder Mike Powell at the club.

Traffic was heavy in Melbourne at 3am on Sunday and many restaurants and bars were still full.

tamsyn lewis is the real drama queen...........all she does is get her gear off for the cameras and the media loves her.

she's never been a good athlete, very ordinary........her mouth runs faster than her feet.

at least jana has actually achieved something on the world stage.

The only one I feel sorry for here is her poor husband. Imagine the crap he has to put up with!

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is seeeing the understudy of Bette Midler in Rochelle, Rochelle.

All that chick ever did is cry and generally be a pain in the ass.

I reckon Jana is really a Kiwi!

The Dice Man said:
The only one I feel sorry for here is her poor husband. Imagine the crap he has to put up with!

Only fiance at the moment. We all know what happened to the last coach / fiance

drama queen.
Also,when Aust won the gold in the relay..
she could of atleast had some sportmanship..even if you dont like someone..and shook the hand of Tasmyn.

Sam the RAMA fan said:
drama queen.
Also,when Aust won the gold in the relay..
she could of atleast had some sportmanship..even if you dont like someone..and shook the hand of Tasmyn.
I didn't see it. So I'm not sure if she shook hands with the rest of the team then ignored Lewis or something, but if not, I assume you're equally as dissapointed with Tamsyn Lewis for not shaking Pittman's hand?

rick James said:
was that before or after she pussied out of the olympics like a LOSER?
Didnt a french "runner" do that in 2000 because she was scared of Cathy Freeman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shaq said:
chump drama queen:(

Originally a glamour girl of the Australian athletics circuit however those images of her crying at the World Champs because of her knee time and time again was too much.

And now she's married a Pom. Flog her off. Let her be naturalised a Pom. We still do have Lauren Hewitt!! Maybe we could bring Melinda Gainsford out of retirement.

Bombers_Forever said:
And now pregant.........I pity the child. I hope she takes after the Pommy bloke!

How many stories will she sell to the media on her pregnancy ?
We'll have to put up with regular stories on her while she's knocked up and then just as many when he drops her bundle.

I pity the kid.This kid will knock Hewie & Bec's rugrat from the limelight.Hewie might have to knock Bec's up again so as he can keep up the publicity.

JUBJUB said:
How many stories will she sell to the media on her pregnancy ?
We'll have to put up with regular stories on her while she's knocked up and then just as many when he drops her bundle.

I pity the kid.This kid will knock Hewie & Bec's rugrat from the limelight.Hewie might have to knock Bec's up again so as he can keep up the publicity.

You know I've heard you look pregnant JUBBY.

Also, you do realise you're bagging Lleyton and his wife, yet they could actually buy you and all your belongings without battering an eyelid? Quite funny really. :)

dids4 said:
Also, you do realise you're bagging Lleyton and his wife, yet they could actually buy you and all your belongings without battering an eyelid? Quite funny really. :)
They couldnt buy the publics respect, and Bec couldnt buy any talent with all the money in the world, so in the mean time we get to here about it when she has the sniffles, whilst she prostitutes her child

Remove this Banner Ad

Back