Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would you spend your career playing s**t, boring football?

Wouldn’t you make the same decision?

The more he says publicly the more I agree with you. Not just the cash, but imagine if the players are trying to have input about how the game plan can be tweeked and the coaches say hush now young player.

North have made out like bandits with Polec for less than expected, Pittard for good wishes and Hall for what will in all likelihood be a useless pick.

They're doing what we did last year.

They're doing what we did last year.
If you don't consider what was paid by either team, just what they got, then North have done better than us. Rockliff may do well for us this year but he was never going to be the pig he was at Brisbane where he was picking up multiple touches moving the ball sideways and forwards.

If you don't consider what was paid by either team, just what they got, then North have done better than us. Rockliff may do well for us this year but he was never going to be the pig he was at Brisbane where he was picking up multiple touches moving the ball sideways and forwards.

Polec, Pittard, Hall vs Motlop, Rockliff, Watts is pretty even I'd say.

Motlop (27) < Polec (26)
Watts (27) = Pittard (27) — on output, not skill level.
Rockliff (28) > Hall (27) — if he gets over his injuries.

Polec has a year on Motlop so I can't see that changing.
Watts has superior skill than Pittard so I can see him being better than Jasper from here on.

The big query is Rockliff's durability.

I'm not going to boo him. He got a great offer and he took it. It's not the end of the world.

Save your boos for Ben Jacobs, the soft campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m booing Chad Cornes.
I see a lot are jumping on the bandwagon to sack Chad Cornes, but wondering if anyone has anything concrete to suggest that he is a factor in players leaving/being pushed.
It seems to be accepted that he was a problem when he was still here playing for us, but maybe a few years away at another club in a different role has changed that?
I'm not for or against him, just wondering if there is some substance to these opinions.

I see a lot are jumping on the bandwagon to sack Chad Cornes, but wondering if anyone has anything concrete to suggest that he is a factor in players leaving/being pushed.
It seems to be accepted that he was a problem when he was still here playing for us, but maybe a few years away at another club in a different role has changed that?
I'm not for or against him, just wondering if there is some substance to these opinions.
C'mon Janey! This is Bigfooty, the melting pot of irrationality, hyperbole, hysteria, innuendo, and supposition.

Concrete facts are an unnecessary distraction!

C'mon Janey! This is Bigfooty, the melting pot of irrationality, hyperbole, hysteria, innuendo, and supposition.

Concrete facts are an unnecessary distraction!
Oh I know, but Finny has been consistent in his criticism of Chad, even before this off-season debacle, so I reckon there must be something to it.

Above average footballer, s**t bloke.

Doubt he’s a s**t bloke, more likely he’s a non conformist especially within the context of cliques at footy clubs.

Tredrea conforming what I had been saying from day one. We low-balled Polec as we weren’t serious about retaining him. Had nothing to do with North or his injury history. I’m owed about a million apologies.

Doubt he’s a s**t bloke, more likely he’s a non conformist especially within the context of cliques at footy clubs.

Tredrea conforming what I had been saying from day one. We low-balled Polec as we weren’t serious about retaining him. Had nothing to do with North or his injury history. I’m owed about a million apologies.

Was that in his MMM rant re Chad ?
I didn't hear him say we lowballed him.

Was that in his MMM rant re Chad ?
I didn't hear him say we lowballed him.

I’m putting the pieces together. If you’re bottom two on some club-wide performance survey despite a top 5 bnf finish then the pay offer isn’t going to match your on-field exploits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back