Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
.. except neither is playing.

Port by 100 or so and Richmond lose, which puts us in the eight and Koch extends Ken for life ...

Meanwhile back in the real world if we have any desire at all to be at the pointy end, this will need to be a solid showing. The next few are tough.

Will be a scrap early and if we give them a sniff could be a hard day at the office.

Really need to be up 3-4goals at the first break and kill them off before cruising to Hinkleys version of a 100pt win - 37-45pts.

Will be a scrap early and if we give them a sniff could be a hard day at the office.

Really need to be up 3-4goals at the first break and kill them off before cruising to Hinkleys version of a 100pt win - 37-45pts.

Up by 60 at three quarter time then a goalless last quarter, Nth Melbourne kicks 5.5

Port by a very unconvincing 3 goals, purely off the back of one player having a blinder - let's say Motlop - after being down at quarter time, to put us "one win out of the 8" and bring on the chorus of "Where are the Hinkley haters now?".

Meanwhile Simpson will get sacked the next day and two teams will be ahead of us in the coaching race.

It's truly predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we play in Tassie next year I might just go to the game & do some touring as well. Us by a gazillion.
I don't the Tasmania government government will be signing a new deal. The public is no longer interested in North down here sadly,presales are pointing to probably only around 2500 today which will be Hobart's lowest ever AFL crowd.

I suppose not but it's disappointing to see so few of Tassie's 6000 north members attending the games these days when north really need our support.
Maybe the AFL needs to look at bringing down some Vic clubs for the match up. The added benefit would be the radical idea of making some of those clubs have to do additional travel instead of the SA/WA/QLD teams all the time.

You guys are in a rebuild & they want their own team it was bound to drop off.
It's interesting, I wonder if the crowds dropping off helps or hinders the cause for a Tassie team. I could see the AFL pulling a "see? It's not commercially viable to have games every second week". But then I could also see them pushing the idea that Hawks and North are enough for that market if they were pulling in big numbers. So it could go either way. Ultimately I know the AFL will essentially do whatever is best for the "big" Vic teams and broadcasters anyway so crowd numbers is probably moot.

You guys are in a rebuild & they want their own team it was bound to drop off.
I underst
Maybe the AFL needs to look at bringing down some Vic clubs for the match up. The added benefit would be the radical idea of making some of those clubs have to do additional travel instead of the SA/WA/QLD teams all the time.

It's interesting, I wonder if the crowds dropping off helps or hinders the cause for a Tassie team. I could see the AFL pulling a "see? It's not commercially viable to have games every second week". But then I could also see them pushing the idea that Hawks and North are enough for that market if they were pulling in big numbers. So it could go either way. Ultimately I know the AFL will essentially do whatever is best for the "big" Vic teams and broadcasters anyway so crowd numbers is probably moot.
Well the last game was a Victorian team in Geelong and still it only attracted 8700. The big thing I noticed was Geelong had way more supporters in attendance even though north has nearly 6000 members in Tassie.

I'm envisaging a 50 plus lead at about the half way mark of the 3rd term and then the usual `job done ' cue in the rack, followed by a somewhat disappointing 30-35 point win and the loss of valuable percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back