List Mgmt. Bonner, Dumont, Teakle and Barkla delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird delistings. Jonas, Lycett, Hayes, Clurey need to go as well and there aren't many draft picks to work with.
Errh Jonas has retired, maybe Hayes is trade bait, perhaps backup ruck to the Bombers (where his younger brother is) or the Dogs.
Clury has a contract, where we are desperate to trade him.

Who has pulled the reigns and stopped Hayes getting the axe? I expected him to be in the first lot cut.

Must be waiting for trade week to make sure they get Sweet before they say bye bye.

3 rookies and Bonner. Hardly big moves.

They obviously tried to trade Bonner last year and got no bites, and figured no point trying to use him in a trade this year.
More likely that Hayes has trade value (however minor) so will trade him out

The Teakle experiment was extremely bizarre.
Someone in the media needs to hold the coaches including Hinkley, Carr and Montgomery (last year) strongly to account for the Teakle experiment. It was one thing to draft him, but another to play him almost straight away above Hayes, and keep talking him up and picking him at AFL level when almost everyone could see his deficiencies. It speaks volumes of the inability of the three aforementioned coaches to judge ruck talent. I presume that Lobbe was also part of selecting him.

If Hayes and Lycett are going, then they must be into Soldo.
Agree, the Tigers are rebuilding, he would not be in their next finals team.
But I reckon it requires a rebuild pick rather than a player swap. Go the full Star Wars with a sold Hans Solo.

As a free agent, Lycett may appeal to clubs looking for cheap, backup ruckman.

I'm not sure Bonners delisting is that weird. Jones and Williams have come on as genuine first team players. Probably want more games into Burgoyne. Farrell played almost every game back there. Houston, Bergman and Burton as well. So he's currently 8th in line for a HBF spot. Its unneccesary to keep him.

Whether we could have got a token pick in a trade for him, well I guess not. I hope he finds his way onto another list though
Yes I hope he makes another list worse.

Someone in the media needs to hold the coaches including Hinkley, Carr and Montgomery (last year) strongly to account for the Teakle experiment. It was one thing to draft him, but another to play him almost straight away above Hayes, and keep talking him up and picking him at AFL level when almost everyone could see his deficiencies. It speaks volumes of the inability of the three aforementioned coaches to judge ruck talent. I presume that Lobbe was also part of selecting him.
Carr knew him from Perth days.
He wanted him in the team for his leaping ability.

And I am guessing it was Carr who made the silly decision to play Wines on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Set Schulzenfest onto them. Keegan Brooksby even polled a Magarey Medal vote rucking against him in our draw with South.

Dumont was a pointless get. The guy was a north reject when they were absolutely abysmal.

He was physically cooked after a severe calf(?), in the rich tradition of Jimmy Toumpas (hip) and Jack Trengove (foot).

I assume Luke Dunstan is on the club’s radar.

Despite it not looking great I don't think the club could take the optics of the situation into account when cutting our losses by delisting Teakle. It was alarmingly apparent to anyone with two functioning eyes that whatever the club originally thought he could or might become was so very, very wrong.

The Teakle experiment also I didn't find that weird. He suited the athletic profile that they wanted. His football side was terrible. He got given 4 goes and I guess they hoped he would improve. He didn't. He was dropped. Now he's delisted. I don't think its that strange. It didn't cost us anything. We won those 4 games. In the end its the right call and hopefully it gives Hayes a lifeline, which is what everyone here wants.

8 years on our list and presumably not in our top 25% TPP - Riley "Roller" Bonner was an unrestricted free agent. If another club was interested, they wouldn't have needed to trade for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back