List Mgmt. Bonner, Dumont, Teakle and Barkla delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think they would delist Bonner but you have to keep evolving the list. He might be picked up again.

Teakle played so hesitantly after his injury that he basically picked himself to be delisted.

I wonder if Dumont will be offered Magpies captaincy and I wonder if he'll turn it down. Assuming they don't keep Sutcliffe.

All 4 were the right moves by the club, I assume Bonner being apart of it means there is no interest from other clubs as part of the 3 deals we need to make. Which is entirely valid. We’ll hold the rest through the start of the trade period.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The Teakle experiment also I didn't find that weird. He suited the athletic profile that they wanted. His football side was terrible. He got given 4 goes and I guess they hoped he would improve. He didn't. He was dropped. Now he's delisted. I don't think its that strange. It didn't cost us anything. We won those 4 games. In the end its the right call and hopefully it gives Hayes a lifeline, which is what everyone here wants.

I know you're the devils advocate guy, but carn.

It was strange in that their expectations were that he could possibly be an AFL quality player when there was no indication previously that that was possible.

It was strange that they prioritised him playing as the no.1 ruck while the guy that had spent several years on the list "developing" was playing sanfl.

It would be less strange if they kept him on for another year to see if he could continue developing, bit obviously those 4 games proved what was obvious to begin with.

Glad that Teakle has been delisted, he is one of the worst players to pull on a Port AFL jumper. The games he was gifted this year were either a real positive because we quickly established he had zero ability and future, or alternatively they're a real negative because Hayes and Visentini weren't given the development games they should've appropriately got.

All eyes now turn to Lycett & Hayes and what happens there. I'm still hopeful we will hit next year with Hayes, Visentini and Sweet.

Then we'll await the calls on Boak and Fantasia, surely at a minimum Fantasia is shifted to rookie list.

Then lastly there's Clurey and whether we can find a way to get him off the books.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a side bar Jackson Hately was talked about as being a talent to rival other top 10 picks in that monster draft and GWS seemed reluctant to let him go

WTAF happened ?

Have all the people calling the Bonner delisting strange not watched football the last two years? Yes, he was good against the Dogs in the prelim. That was the most recent good game he's played. He's 25. See ya later.

Also Bin Tickle lol. Better late than never I guess.

As a side bar Jackson Hately was talked about as being a talent to rival other top 10 picks in that monster draft and GWS seemed reluctant to let him go

WTAF happened ?

Coulda been the new Matt Crouch, but it looks like they'll keep the old one.

I am not a big fan of Bonner but hope he lands at an AFL club.

Fair enough with Dumont with the young gun midfielder playing so well.

I am glad they are delisted Teakle and seen the error of their way.

Barkla, well, Cat B I guess would have to stand out to stick around.

Keep them coming.

Have all the people calling the Bonner delisting strange not watched football the last two years? Yes, he was good against the Dogs in the prelim. That was the most recent good game he's played. He's 25. See ya later.

Also Bin Tickle lol. Better late than never I guess.
It's about list balance, depth, keeping the SANFL team competitive. We've seen what a struggling SANFL team does, it hinders development and hurts our AFL selection. We've also got a huge hole on the wing and no draft picks. I agree he was trade bait, etc. However if he wanted to stay I would've been holding onto him as there's a few that should go before him and with our picks and lack of depth we need to be super careful to not cut that deep this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back