Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

You're missing the point.

You're refusing to rate a player, who is at a new team, doing his first ever full preseason, who is playing excellently...

...because he hasn't played enough teams that finished in the top 8 LAST YEAR on points at the end of the home and away season.

That's not even bringing up the fact that the top 8 from last year have less top 8 teams they are able to play than those that didn't finish in the top 8.

To me, it just seems like you're going out of your way to say one particular player isn't impressing you using ridiculous measures that don't make too much sense.

Well we are on the bay, the home of ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims.

Aren't we?

Probably due to his relative inexperience and nervousness due to the big game, he butchered the ball a lot tonight, especially in the first half. He did a heap of good things as well though.

Probably due to his relative inexperience and nervousness due to the big game, he butchered the ball a lot tonight, especially in the first half. He did a heap of good things as well though.
Sensing a hint of bitterness in your post I did not see him "butcher the ball a lot" at all...thought he was outstanding all night

Sensing a hint of bitterness in your post I did not see him "butcher the ball a lot" at all...thought he was outstanding all night
Nah, no bitterness. The way he performed for us, he was no loss. Glad he's found his feet actually (pun intended). The thing which shits me most about him is the seeming complete inability of any commentator to correctly pronounce his name. It's 'Polec', not 'Polak'. Similarly, how does Melbourne's 'Petterd' become 'Pettard'? Still, one can expect little better from someone like Brian Taylor, whose constant use of the verbs 'to of' (as in should of), and 'to boundary throw in', render him even more incomprehensible than his cretinous colleagues.

Now that I have that off my chest, in the first half, Polec gave the ball by foot, directly to the opposition, almost every third time he disposed of it.

Nah, no bitterness. The way he performed for us, he was no loss. Glad he's found his feet actually (pun intended). The thing which shits me most about him is the seeming complete inability of any commentator to correctly pronounce his name. It's 'Polec', not 'Polak'. Similarly, how does Melbourne's 'Petterd' become 'Pettard'? Still, one can expect little better from someone like Brian Taylor, whose constant use of the verbs 'to of' (as in should of), and 'to boundary throw in', render him even more incomprehensible than his cretinous colleagues.

Now that I have that off my chest, in the first half, Polec gave the ball by foot, directly to the opposition, almost every third time he disposed of it.
Cant argue there, he was shabby by foot early & fuzzed a few handballs too
He certainly made up for it as the game wore on

Do not agree his first 2 disposals for the game went directly to the hawks for chest marks and there was 1 in the third as well. It was his worse DE game by far not at his lofty heights he usually keeps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant argue there, he was shabby by foot early & fuzzed a few handballs too
He certainly made up for it as the game wore on
Do not agree his first 2 disposals for the game went directly to the hawks for chest marks and there was 1 in the third as well. It was his worse DE game by far not at his lofty heights he usually keeps.
Fight! You two should slug it out.:)

I know I've underestimated both Polec and Tyson (Demons) in recent weeks.
Unloaded them out of the supercoach thinking they'd reached their ceiling for the year.
More astute judges kept these players, they'll be rewarded.

So I won't pretend to judge Polec, because I have no idea how good he could be.
But, atm, he looks pretty damn good. Crazy Vossy finally got one right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back