Past Jed Lamb

Remove this Banner Ad

Jed Clampett wasn't available?
The club is looking at getting Jed Clampett on board as one of its wealthy financial benefactors.

After all, his best playing days are behind him.

I'm not sure what happened at GWS. I liked what I saw at the Swans. Welcome Jed.

GWS was the worst club for him to go to. They were already loaded up with an excess of highly rated young players in his age group. At the Swans he came into a premiership winning team, and held his spot for half the year, then his contract was up and he figured he was due a pay rise, but the Swans said "Sorry, we just spent all our cash on Buddy" and let him walk. He's not top line like all the guys he was fighting for a spot at GWS, but he's capable of playing a role, and seeing as he virtually came for nothing, that's a win. And if he doesn't work out, that's no loss. Similar to Everitt I guess, so if he does what Everitt has done at Carlton you would call that a win considering he came fairly cheaply. I don't see him being a star, but I think he'll justify being picked up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lamb seems to be starved of opportunity. Here are his notes from 2005 . He knows how to kick a goal (see red) . I think we will know pretty early on whether he has what it takes. His ability to dominate at NEAFL level bodes well. If our players look for him he may be the steal of the draft. Perhaps at GWS he was so far down the pecking order, that when he finally got a senior game, his team mates were too busy looking for his more established team mates?

2015 Season
1 -
2 NEAFL Kicked four goals and was lively at half forward. -
3 NEAFL Among the Giants’ best in win over Swans. -
4 NEAFL Linked well between the arcs. 24 disposals. -
5 NEAFL Kicked three goals. The Giants’ most dangerous forward. -
6 NEAFL Left kicking boots at home (1.5) but kept finding ball. -
7 NEAFL Lively at half forward all day with five goals. -
8 NEAFL Just the one goal and was closely checked all day. -
9 NEAFL Bye. -
10 NEAFL One of a raft of Giants multiple goalkickers with three goals -
11 NEAFL Dangerous in attack with 2.3 from 19 possessions. -
12 NEAFL Important in attack with four goals from 16 possessions. -
13 NEAFL Bye. -
14 NEAFL Did as he pleased in attack against former club with eight goals. -
15 NEAFL Continued good form in attack with another three goals. -
16 NEAFL Played higher up the field with two talls deep. Good. -
17 Geel Sub. On early to replace Palmer but struggled. One late goal when game over. 3
18 Frem No impact and burned Whitfield by shooting for goal when he was loose. 3
19 NEAFL Dominates at this level. Starred again with five goals. -
20 NEAFL Bye. -
21 NEAFL Played second fiddle to Tomlinson in attack. Kicked 1.3. -
22 NEAFL Held goalless but worked up the ground a bit. -
23 NEAFL Bye.

GWS was the worst club for him to go to. They were already loaded up with an excess of highly rated young players in his age group. At the Swans he came into a premiership winning team, and held his spot for half the year, then his contract was up and he figured he was due a pay rise, but the Swans said "Sorry, we just spent all our cash on Buddy" and let him walk. He's not top line like all the guys he was fighting for a spot at GWS, but he's capable of playing a role, and seeing as he virtually came for nothing, that's a win. And if he doesn't work out, that's no loss. Similar to Everitt I guess, so if he does what Everitt has done at Carlton you would call that a win considering he came fairly cheaply. I don't see him being a star, but I think he'll justify being picked up.
And your pun?

Lamb seems to be starved of opportunity. Here are his notes from 2005 . He knows how to kick a goal (see red) . I think we will know pretty early on whether he has what it takes. His ability to dominate at NEAFL level bodes well. If our players look for him he may be the steal of the draft. Perhaps at GWS he was so far down the pecking order, that when he finally got a senior game, his team mates were too busy looking for his more established team mates?

2015 Season
1 -
2 NEAFL Kicked four goals and was lively at half forward. -
3 NEAFL Among the Giants’ best in win over Swans. -
4 NEAFL Linked well between the arcs. 24 disposals. -
5 NEAFL Kicked three goals. The Giants’ most dangerous forward. -
6 NEAFL Left kicking boots at home (1.5) but kept finding ball. -
7 NEAFL Lively at half forward all day with five goals. -
8 NEAFL Just the one goal and was closely checked all day. -
9 NEAFL Bye. -
10 NEAFL One of a raft of Giants multiple goalkickers with three goals -
11 NEAFL Dangerous in attack with 2.3 from 19 possessions. -
12 NEAFL Important in attack with four goals from 16 possessions. -
13 NEAFL Bye. -
14 NEAFL Did as he pleased in attack against former club with eight goals. -
15 NEAFL Continued good form in attack with another three goals. -
16 NEAFL Played higher up the field with two talls deep. Good. -
17 Geel Sub. On early to replace Palmer but struggled. One late goal when game over. 3
18 Frem No impact and burned Whitfield by shooting for goal when he was loose. 3
19 NEAFL Dominates at this level. Starred again with five goals. -
20 NEAFL Bye. -
21 NEAFL Played second fiddle to Tomlinson in attack. Kicked 1.3. -
22 NEAFL Held goalless but worked up the ground a bit. -
23 NEAFL Bye.

I've posted those stats when we were rumoured to be interested and of course nobody is impressed with NEAFL form. However, I do see him as being an upgrade on Blaine Johnson based on that form, and therefore a better chance of showing something in the seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back