Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with fin is he is going through a s**t patch ..

But he can turn it around in a quarter of footy and become a game changer .

Stick with him we have to now anyway and hopefully George and Lord will be coming for his position next year

Hope she's doing well, hasn't been much said from their camp for a while, but after it moved to her lung a while back had to think she was in real trouble. They're off to Africa on a holiday at the moment via Insta.
I’m hoping that the fact they are off travelling is a positive sign. Either way, it's great that they are doing what they love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goalkicking is a bit all over the place. Really Jekyll and Hyde type performances this year within games and even quarter to quarter.

Kicks a flukey soccer goal and a steady drop punt to end the game without overthinking it. But then has plenty of shots which take the piss for a man of his ability.

Pains me to say but he seems to be playing himself into form, albeit slowly. It's clearly all head games for Jeremy. I took him off my sh!t list after the 3rd quarter. He also played a decent second half last week after being utterly useless in round 1.

I like what he brings to the midfield dynamic when he goes into ruck. It's his wildcard move that puts him in over the likes of Lord or Scully imo

His set shot kicking was once elite, but has gone downhill. Fin also goes missing far too often in games.

Has some great moments but overall needs to involve himself more.

I'd like to see him given time on a wing floating forward Westhoff style but its never going to happen
yeah im leaning that way at well.

Bergman looks lost on the wing, might be a good opportunity to get him out there and use his height and skills and sneak forward for a shot on goal.

I sometimes look into the yonder and wonder what type of forward Finny would be if he was allowed to lead.

I wonder what type of forward he would be if he understood he is also accountable for stopping a zoning off defender running around the backline unmolested taking intercept marks.

Talk to Hinkley about that one.

Can't have it both ways, Hinkley can't only care about stopping defenders and only care about getting free and kicking goals.

This is the guy who has played KP defenders on other KP defenders. Even smalls, like when he played McEntee on Tom Stewart (or more infamously Johnson on McGovern)

There is zero way Finlayson was not told to stop Lever getting off the leash to take intercept marks.

Can't have it both ways, Hinkley can't only care about stopping defenders and only care about getting free and kicking goals.

This is the guy who has played KP defenders on other KP defenders. Even smalls, like when he played McEntee on Tom Stewart (or more infamously Johnson on McGovern)

There is zero way Finlayson was not told to stop Lever getting off the leash to take intercept marks.
What the Heck are you going on about, dude?

Start from the beginning.

Can someone translate this for me?

What the Heck are you going on about, dude?

Start from the beginning.

Can someone translate this for me?

I think Finlayson should have taken responsibility for keeping Lever away from so many uncontested intercept marking opportunities, dude. Not Hinkley as he would have told Jez to mind Lever as part of his forward line responsibility. Hinkley has a track record of having players look after attacking key defenders.

It's not all leading, rainbows and unicorns.

It's not so hard to work out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back