Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. I think that kind of cognitive dissonance is quite likely to be the case.
Don't have much of an issue with anything you've said, as it's opinion, but I'm not sure this is an example of cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance is when you hold two contradictory beliefs. I think it's logically sound for him to think what he said was wrong, be remorseful AND also be pissed off at the length of the punishment OR even be pissed at himself for doing it int h first place (depending on your interpretation). I believe if you break the law by going 5 k's over the speed limit is illegal, acknowledge I'm wrong for doing it AND also be pissed off of I'm sent to jail for it.

It doesn't matter what they think. There's a code of conduct in pretty much every league in the country that would forbid such behaviour and punish it accordingly. It's a rule, just like no belting blokes, no gambling on yourself, blah blah blah, and many footballers who earn no incomes still manage to follow it in gamgames
You still umpire in the Yabba League?

What kind of podcast just involves you asking your husband questions? That's not a podcast, that's someone recording tea time, and with due respect to the participants, who is the target audience?
Whocares ,
Probably Instagram WAG followers
Let her do her thing.
Jeremy is dense and the AFL are a hysterical joke , let's move on.

Just a couple of comments - Those questioning why she would want to do a podcast at all, I admit I haven't listened to the podcast, but most of Kelly's public interviews and promotional stuff has been aimed at increasing people's awareness of bowel cancer and the value of early diagnosis. Fairly commendable, I would have thought. Going by the title of the podcast, I assume that is the focus.

I think there is a fair bit of hindsight happening too. If any of us had heard the podcast, and had nine news not decided that they could use this to attract a bit more negative attention to this issue, would people have been so critical of what he actually said?

Nine news' lead-in to the article saying his comments were "at odds with" what he had said earlier set the scene for people to think he meant he had done no wrong. If he thought that, he wouldn't have self-reported straight away and apologised in person to the player as soon as he had the chance.

Maybe he shouldn't have commented at all. I guess he hasn't learnt properly what a bunch of unprincipled lowlifes most of the media are.

Jeremy know he would cop a hit for what he said. I am pretty sure that his saying he was 'p!ssed off at the 3 week suspension' was in reference to the double standards of Clarkson getting let off lightly after his homophobic rant.

The PA has already called out the AFL over this! There was just no need to do it again. As others have said ...
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020
His comment, as he's already clarified is that he's pissed off at himself over letting the team down by going and getting himself suspended for 3 games.

And why are the perpetually offended now going on and suggesting that a bloke should have to bottle up his feelings and not talk about them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody is having a go at him for expressing himself, but when he's a public figure he needs to do so in a way that doesn't bring his employer into disrepute. If he'd just said what he said during the clarification to begin with this wouldn't be a story
Really? No one having a go at him for expressing himself? The recent pages are full of people saying he needs to just shut up.

Really? No one having a go at him for expressing himself? The recent pages are full of people saying he needs to just shut up.

He could have spent 10 minutes expressing his frustration with being suspended and none of us would even know or care about it if he framed it the right way.

Just a couple of comments - Those questioning why she would want to do a podcast at all, I admit I haven't listened to the podcast, but most of Kelly's public interviews and promotional stuff has been aimed at increasing people's awareness of bowel cancer and the value of early diagnosis. Fairly commendable, I would have thought. Going by the title of the podcast, I assume that is the focus.

I think there is a fair bit of hindsight happening too. If any of us had heard the podcast, and had nine news not decided that they could use this to attract a bit more negative attention to this issue, would people have been so critical of what he actually said?

Nine news' lead-in to the article saying his comments were "at odds with" what he had said earlier set the scene for people to think he meant he had done no wrong. If he thought that, he wouldn't have self-reported straight away and apologised in person to the player as soon as he had the chance.

Maybe he shouldn't have commented at all. I guess he hasn't learnt properly what a bunch of unprincipled lowlifes most of the media are.

The most level headed and sensible response in this thread.

Eddie McGuire, the man who had to clarify comments on Aboriginals, women, gays, people with a disability and Muslims.

I guess he has experience.

Lol Eddie McGuire the moral arbiter

Jeremy Finlayson clarifies what he meant...

At first glance I wondered why Jeremy had to clarify his comments then I saw McGuire's name mentioned in dispatches.

Kellie Finlayson's podcast is titled 's**t talkers'. I had a quiet chuckle at that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back