Jesse Hogan Contract Negotiations (Titus O'Reilly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Going from the Melbourne Hogan shrine thread, the person was Dr Turf - a Melbourne supporter who has several hot daughters, one of whom posted on to her Facebook account the same information.
There's an opportunity for you creepy stalkers to find out more!

I always trust account with 2 posts.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist it definitely does, just the media will link literally every interstate player at a club with a move back home these days.

The media certainly over play it. Heck, it sells advertising space when you can can clickbait the masses, right?

My view is the 'go home factor' is pretty much there for every player that gets taken as an 18 year old to another state. Some clubs manage that pretty well and the players only go home for Christmas. Eventually they become locals to wherever that may be.

A lot go home. Some quickly, some at the end of their careers and some in between and yes I would fully agree that some in media simply make up bulltish to sell a paper (or a TV show) because that very real 'go home factor' makes it believable. Mind you, any industry that features, Hutchy, Hackdorn, Newman etc with other such luminaries as Sheedy, Bartlett and Darc, well.....you just know that its not just quality that rises to the top. **** floats!

Hogan has told Melbourne officials that he bleeds purple and is seeking a trade to Fremantle in this year's trade period, it will be announced a few days before the trade period....

Look I can do it as well.

I like the way you do it.....better than the other guy :p:p:p

Feels like the whole go home factor is going to be a factor in the media no matter who the player is now. If they're from WA they'll be linked with you guys and the Eagles, if they're from Vic they'll be linked with half a dozen clubs.

I believe Jesse will stay but will look again at free agency time (unless the ill health rumours of his dad are based in truth).

There are a few players who will always want to return to their home state. We are just starting to see more former WA players wanting to come home but in general they are pretty good at staying the journey. The greatest risk an interstate club can take is drafting a Vic Metro kid as they are very prone to wanting to go home. Interstate teams are aware of this and prefer Vic Country or other interstate players.

I'm pretty sure a lot of young kids can't wait to get out from under their parents wings and spread their own to soar like an eagle away from where their roots are (That escalated quickly).. but depends on the person obviously.

I have family in WA but loving it in QLD for instance... too far from my beloved team however!

No real read on that situation here but most of the people I've discussed it think that GWS will never part with him. Thats my view as well.

I think Hogan is a greater possibility but incredibly unlikely
If we thought McCarthy was a hard get in contract then Lobb would be like drawing blood out of a stone.

McCarthy was the 3rd tall. Lobb is seen as the future of the club

If we thought McCarthy was a hard get in contract then Lobb would be like drawing blood out of a stone.

Pretty much my view. Unless Lobb actually walks out after his contract expires (and that will be next year) then GWS will probably chain him to a wall somewhere...somewhere deep and secret...then deny any knowledge of his whereabouts until round 1 the following year.

Rinse and repeat for a few years

Some of us don't want to hand over pick 3 for him. GWS wouldn't even give him to Freo for pick 3 this year and possibly a pick in the 10 next. They are in a completely different position to Freo.

They hold the cards with Lobb and others.

Pretty much my view. Unless Lobb actually walks out after his contract expires (and that will be next year) then GWS will probably chain him to a wall somewhere...somewhere deep and secret...then deny any knowledge of his whereabouts until round 1 the following year.

He would have to do a McCarthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a mate whos an uber driver reckons he picked up rhys palmers mum from the airport and she says lobb wants to come home

A filthy part of me wants to EFA this quote, but after my first ever ban the other day Ill play it safe.

Last edited:
A filthy part of me wants to EFA this quote, but after my first ever ban the other day Ill play it safe.
Call me a fool but I believe these kind of stories. I went to Bali about 8 months ago, a guy on the plane knew hogans junior coach, who was a friend of the family, he was mad purple, he said way back then that his info was that jessie would be in purple before too long.

Was hoping for a Lachie Whitfield joke.

IMO Hogan & Lobb will both see out their current contracts out.They both saw how gnarly GWS was to CM.Being out of contract will ensure the demons & Giants play fairly if both want to return home to WA in 2018.

IMO Hogan & Lobb will both see out their current contracts out.They both saw how gnarly GWS was to CM.Being out of contract will ensure the demons & Giants play fairly if both want to return home to WA in 2018.

You're probably correct but I think even if Lobb plays out his contract, GWS won't ever come to the party and play fairly. The well has been well and truly poisoned between GWS and Freo and I reckon you can point fairly and squarely at that moron Sheedy for a lot of that. That clown has p*****d all over his own legacy. Grubby hasn't covered himself with glory either, especially after making such a song and dance over McCarthy then buggering off himself for 'family reasons' five minutes later. Hypocritical d***wad of the highest order.

Four years out of the game would be justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back