JMac

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but it's time the match committee get serious. If guys are consistently average or below - they go!

I agree 100% with Tazza and when he crushed Christensen in the one on one I thought he had turned the corner, but that sqib on Selwood when the game was on the line put him back to square one, which is on the chopping block with a couple of others - Jacobs and Harper.

It's unfair to these guys to have mounted pressure from the Roo faithful and footy fans all around the land put on them when they aren't performing. They need to go back to the magoos, string some good ones together and get FULL confidence back.

They get paid (good coin) to perform and if they aren't performing at a premium give someone else a chance to.

He could hold his head high today, I agree with the OP. He gave it his all, bar the aforementioned incident where he appeared to either misjudge the ball sliding along the turf in the wet or because he was knackered from repeated efforts both deep in defence and on the wing, where he played all day. He lined up on a myriad of opponents, and switched wings every so often as well. Spent alot of time on Selwood in the first quarter. Not sure why Selwood was lining up on a wing but he was often in the first half.

The bloke has talent but doesnt work hard enough. No impact on any contest. The only time you notice him he's flapping his arms around like a seagull or third man into a tackle.

I love a good JMac whack but he didn't have a terrible night. As usual, he got * all football (11 possessions for a half back/winger is not up to standard). However, he laid 4 tackles and didn't give away any free kicks through s**t tackling which we've gotten used to. Had a terrific 60 seconds where he mopped up a Lachie handball, weaved past a couple and delivered well on his left. Shortly after, he made that crucial spoil. Overrunning the Selwood ball was his only glaring mistake for the night.

One really solid effort in defense stood out as excellent. (Christenson?)

He improved which is a positive. I have been critical of JMac, but far from our worst yesterday.

Who was his direct opponent?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he had redeemed himself until he didnt lineball selwood in the last quarter.
Watching the replay, I'm not sure what else JMac could've done here considering he was going full pelt and the ball deviated behind him and when he tried to stop he just slipped on the slippery surface due to the fact the dumb *s at Etihad left the ******* campaigner of a roof open.

Watching the replay, I'm not sure what else JMac could've done here considering he was going full pelt and the ball deviated behind him and when he tried to stop he just slipped on the slippery surface due to the fact the dumb ****s at Etihad left the ******* silly of a roof open.
Yeh, it just bugs me that Geelongs only mistakes where kicking 8 behinds in the wet and ours were left right and centre.

Yeh, it just bugs me that Geelongs only mistakes where kicking 8 behinds in the wet and ours were left right and centre.

Tazza, I hear ya especially when there's a rushed kick or a ball that's smothered and there was always a Geelong player there to mop up but that has more to do with structures where Geeling were always plus 1 around the stoppages so the odds were always in their favour. This can be put down to not working hard enough by the mids and our players aren't smart or experienced enough to read what was going on.

There is a reason why players like Enright, Corey, Taylor, Mackie and Chapman are AA. They are just smart footballers who don't make many mistakes. We will learn.

Tazza, I hear ya especially when there's a rushed kick or a ball that's smothered and there was always a Geelong player there to mop up but that has more to do with structures where Geeling were always plus 1 around the stoppages so the odds were always in their favour. This can be put down to not working hard enough by the mids and our players aren't smart or experienced enough to read what was going on.

There is a reason why players like Enright, Corey, Taylor, Mackie and Chapman are AA. They are just smart footballers who don't make many mistakes. We will learn.

They were everywhere. So many times a quick kick forward was met by Corey or Enright. We would lose critical contests when we had more numbers. Missed handballs. Holding the ball. They are champions for a reason. So wrapped we get another crack at them in round 19.

He played better than last week, did some really good defensive things.

Looking forward I think next year McDonald, McKenzie and Gardner will move into the team and we should have De-Ported Jacobs and De-Demoned Gysberts by then so we have potentially 5 first round pick players moving into the side in the mid and flanks. I think the competition for positions will be strong.

We would've done better with the ball going back into the middle, we kept getting killed on the kickouts. If Geelong's behinds had been goals right from the start of the 4th, they probably only would've kicked about 2 and we would've gotten on top of them again.

Yeah, nah.

I thought he had redeemed himself until he didnt lineball selwood in the last quarter.

That miss was massive don't worry about that. All he had to do it take possession and there were players free every on the open side.

That mistake was C grade stuff when everything is on the line. What it did was allow Geelong to keep all the momentum by giving it straight

back to Selwood. I have huge question marks on this bloke full stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back