Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Nobes'. What a fantastic pick up in the MSD. Has been such a consistent, reliable player from the time we picked him up with the 14th selection in the MSD in 2019. Really hope he gets to taste premiership success at some point of his career. Hopefully this season!!......👏👏🏆

Don't get me wrong, I love Johnny F'n Noble! He is one of my absolute favourites because in his 99 games not once have I found fault in his effort.

But all these fluff pieces about him missing out on the Grand Final last year trying to make us feel sorry for him are a bit over the top. There have been even bigger Collingwood names who have been so close to the ultimate and missed out, Buckley & Prestigiacomo for example. A premiership or any win is not about the individual. This is a team game. You don't magically just get into a Grand Final and win. You have to toil for a full season to qualify and 44 players are expected to contribute whether that be on match day or even creating selection pressure. Everyone has a role to play.

Similar to Adam Treloar's exit, we can't be sitting here feeling bad for making ruthless decisions to help the club succeed. This isn't the Johnny F'n Noble Football Club, it's the Collingwood Football Club.

All credit to him though. After last years disappointment, he worked his backside off in the preseason and forced himself back into the team. What more can you ask for? Now he reached 100 games, a wonderful Collingwood servant!

+ who knows if we would have won it if Noble had played?

Changing anything could have changed the result.

+ who knows if we would have won it if Noble had played?

Changing anything could have changed the result.

Yes just unfortunate for him. His form waned ( but not by much) and the rest is history. Whether he was carrying an injury or not, his greatest weapon statistically ( run and carry aka metres gained) had started to desert him. Leggy was banging down the door and the coaches took the tough decision. At least he wasn’t just dropped on the day of the GF like poor old Ronnie McKeown

Came back better than ever and is deserving of this milestone. May there be plenty more.

Yes just unfortunate for him. His form waned ( but not by much) and the rest is history. Whether he was carrying an injury or not, his greatest weapon statistically ( run and carry aka metres gained) had started to desert him. Leggy was banging down the door and the coaches took the tough decision. At least he wasn’t just dropped on the day of the GF like poor old Ronnie McKeown

Came back better than ever and is deserving of this milestone. May there be plenty more.
He said he doesn't know who took his spot.
I suspect it was more WHE given he had recently put in defence at that point. But he probably wouldn't want to know. Thats the past, no use dwelling, he can only look forward now.

I never understood the criticism of JN, and where the ridiculous notion he was an awful decision maker and exposed down back etc, especially for a guy who hunts the footy and gets it more than 20 times regularly.

Some players are just jumped on for mistakes and people like to carry that assumption and actively look for it.

We have Jack Crisp, as terrific as he is he is regularly top 10 in the AFL for clangers, Jeremy Howe’s disposal out of 50 is arguably worse than Noble and as for being exposed in the air Noble does struggle but he’s not on his own there.
Wait and see what Oppo coaches do with Steele, they will be dragging him back inside D50 at every chance, he shouldn’t be at HB in my opinion and this won’t be his spot all year i guarantee it,

I can cop JN making an odd mistake when he’s making the play and getting it 20 to 25 times a game.

Fantastic achievement for a dedicated, tough and brave player, whose gritty and determined attitude has helped him overcome the obstacles in his way to becoming a bona fide AFL player (one being his size ;)). Good on ya, JFN!!!!!!

A tad disappointed to see nothing to date on the CFC website to commemorate his 100th game, when there's been tributes to other players who have achieved this in recent times. :( Especially so given he is the first MSD player to reach this milestone. Perhaps it was he who didn't want to have a fuss made of it? :think:

I never understood the criticism of JN, and where the ridiculous notion he was an awful decision maker and exposed down back etc, especially for a guy who hunts the footy and gets it more than 20 times regularly.

Some players are just jumped on for mistakes and people like to carry that assumption and actively look for it.

We have Jack Crisp, as terrific as he is he is regularly top 10 in the AFL for clangers, Jeremy Howe’s disposal out of 50 is arguably worse than Noble and as for being exposed in the air Noble does struggle but he’s not on his own there.
Wait and see what Oppo coaches do with Steele, they will be dragging him back inside D50 at every chance, he shouldn’t be at HB in my opinion and this won’t be his spot all year i guarantee it,

I can cop JN making an odd mistake when he’s making the play and getting it 20 to 25 times a game.
100% agree.

Maynard is far worse by foot, Howe is these days also. Quaynor is having a far worse year this year than Noble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worried he takes money and goes to gold coast 2025

And sticks it up the pies

Bloody always loved this bloke and a travesty he didn't play in 2023 granny
That wouldn't describe his character at all imo I'm not worried one bit.

Why the Goldy, is he from there?
No. He's from Adelaide. It only came from that GC would need for a rebounding defender.
They want an elite one and so they are going after Rioli and have the picks to spend.

2) This Pie continues to overcome adversity​

John Noble has always been a fighter. First it was the growth challenges he experienced as a child. Then it was a lack of AFL interest until Collingwood plucked him from West Adelaide in the middle of 2019 at the age of 22. More recently it was the pain of watching on last September as his teammates became premiership players. But on Saturday against Adelaide, Noble produced one of the best performances of his career in game No.100, finishing with 29 disposals, 535m gained and a goal, becoming the first mid-season draftee since it was reintroduced in 2019 to reach the milestone. If the Magpies are to go back-to-back this September, Noble will be a key reason why and he is playing with a point to prove.

Admire him. Hasn't dropped his head and has actually improved. Of all the hard luck GF stories reckon he was genuinely stiff to miss. But that's over and he's becoming one our most important. Allows IQ and Maynard to lock and contest on opponents and he provides drive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back