3. Shannon Hurn - 222 (25)
4. Jamie Cripps - 218 (25)
5. Andrew Gaff - 216 (19)
6. Jeremy McGovern - 202 (24)
7. Mark Hutchings - 185 (20)
8. Brad Sheppard - 184 (23)
9. Jack Darling - 182 (21)
10. Willie Rioli - 176 (24)

Back to Back for the Yeo dog in a premiership year! Would have thought Hurn might walk away with it this, but thirds pretty good for a backman. So good to see Cripps in the top 5, played a super season

Cheers Brissy!

John Worsfold Medal top 10
1. Elliot Yeo - 273 (25 games)
2. Jack Redden - 231 (25)
3. Shannon Hurn - 222 (25)
4. Jamie Cripps - 218 (25)
5. Andrew Gaff - 216 (19)
6. Jeremy McGovern - 202 (24)
7. Mark Hutchings - 185 (20)
8. Brad Sheppard - 184 (23)
9. Jack Darling - 182 (21)
10. Willie Rioli - 176 (24)

Based on averages if Gaff played all 25 games he would of won.

So Elliot Yeo wins a BnF in a flag year, while Shane Edwards finishes fourth in a team that made a prelim.

So how exactly is Edwards still better then Yeo?
Ahh * who cares? It’s done

Sorry CM not directing this at you but us a collective

We won the ******* flag. * the individual awards.

BACK2BACK people

BACK2 mother******* BACK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had no idea this was being live streamed. Glad to have watched the last 15mins.

Gaff is suck a well spoken individual. Easily was the best speech tonight. Was kind of hoping that he would have announced that he resigned with us.

Looks like he has resigned.

Ahh **** who cares? It’s done

Sorry CM not directing this at you but us a collective

We won the ******* flag. **** the individual awards.

BACK2BACK people

BACK2 mother******* BACK

Back to back for me is a given. I'm too arrogant for team success alone, I want every award possible to be given to our players.

In all seriousness though, it's just kind of annoying that the AA selection committee, that is supposed to survey every player and pick a B22 with only the elite of the AFL, picks Shane ******* Edwards over Yeo.

This isn't a media award, mind you, so the national body is basically saying that a player who won the BnF in a flag year, an elite midfielder of the competition, isn't better then some guy who plays for Richmond and is good at hand balling. For me, the only reason why this is the case is because he played for the Tigers, and nothing else. I just find it a bit irritating.

Also, Here2tellyouwhy LeGod was completely robbed, not Hurn.

Last edited:
So Elliot Yeo wins a BnF in a flag year, while Shane Edwards finishes fourth in a team that made a prelim.

So how exactly is Edwards still better then Yeo, according to the AA selection committee?
Edwards came 4th in a team that finished 2 games clear on top of the ladder???? AA doesn't count finals which I'm pretty sure the JW medal does

Remove this Banner Ad

Back