Josh Dunkley

Remove this Banner Ad

I read the ESPN article from Dunks (here) and really get the impression that his not leaving and wants to stay on in the red white and blue, specially now his got his bromance with Adz going and the team is doing really well.
I just hope it's not a 'Fool me twice, shame on me' type of situation. You'd hope any of the issues he had have been rectified. He's now playing considerable midfield minutes and was on his way to a potential AA year, has a new best mate at the club and any professionalism issues prevalent in the club have been resolved. The only remaining roadblock is his salary but he's due for a contract extension shortly so hopefully we will look after him then.

I just hope it's not a 'Fool me twice, shame on me' type of situation. You'd hope any of the issues he had have been rectified. He's now playing considerable midfield minutes and was on his way to a potential AA year, has a new best mate at the club and any professionalism issues prevalent in the club have been resolved. The only remaining roadblock is his salary but he's due for a contract extension shortly so hopefully we will look after him then.

Yeah I get it, his still winning my trust over, and it still irks me every time he posts on social media and Bomber fans jump on every single post going ''next year''.

We need to free up some cap space so we can re-sign him on a bigger contract and put all this s**t to bed.

Yeah I get it, his still winning my trust over, and it still irks me every time he posts on social media and Bomber fans jump on every single post going ''next year''.

We need to free up some cap space so we can re-sign him on a bigger contract and put all this sh*t to bed.
What's happening "next year"? Have the Bummers got 2 first round picks in the bank, ready to give us this time?

How will this effect his trade value???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I wouldn't think at all... Any doubts about how good he is and whether 2018 was a one off have been dispelled.
Isn't he he leading the whole comp in several key metrics and racking up the possessions in a team that is flying.
The asking price has not changed at all, in fact it is underlined and written in bold.
Hopefully this time around there will be other bidders. Essendon is absolutely the worst place for Dunks to end up.
The 'so called' question of where he was being played is a non-issue now.
I think the club needs to meet him halfway with the money component from next year.

I read the ESPN article from Dunks (here) and really get the impression that his not leaving and wants to stay on in the red white and blue, specially now his got his bromance with Adz going and the team is doing really well.
Thanks for posting that article. I missed it.
This passage is fantastic news and makes me also think he's staying:
"FROM THE outside, you might look at my situation and say, well what's changed?
There's probably three reasons why I'm feeling much happier now than I was six months ago.
Firstly, it's great to be back home and getting to do the things we may have taken for granted during last year's lockdowns and restrictions.
Secondly, the excitement around the club, ahead of the season, is at an all-time high. Being able to play home games again, and have fans back at the footy, is something every single player dearly missed last year.
And lastly, the signing of Adam Treloar. I've only known Adz for a few months but he's quickly become my best mate. We have so much in common and get along like a house on fire. I cannot wait to play footy with him in 2021 and beyond."

What's happening "next year"? Have the Bummers got 2 first round picks in the bank, ready to give us this time?

No we don't have 2 in the bank, just the probable top 5 pick from where we end this year.

IMO Dunkley stays at Dogs. If Parish keeps playing the way he has we are likely to shift our focus elsewhere, possibly a key tall forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we don't have 2 in the bank, just the probable top 5 pick from where we end this year.

IMO Dunkley stays at Dogs. If Parish keeps playing the way he has we are likely to shift our focus elsewhere, possibly a key tall forward.
And Dunks is a first choice player in a contending side. Why wouldn't you.

He'd have been handy after half time on Friday

We needed someone to stand up in the midfield and help carry the load. Dunkley could have been that player.

Him and English out were massive omissions which I didn’t really appreciate until the second half.

Dunkley would have won some contested ball in the middle, and English would have given Martin a handy chop out and taken some critical marks down the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back