Traded Josh Jenkins [traded with future 3rd to Geelong for #37]

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a win given where he is currently at.
We are now NOT paying him a few hundred thousand a year to play SANFL and have another pick in the draft.

Its scrap value for an uninsured expensive car WITH NO ENGINE. The car is defective and doesn't work as it should.

You might be able to use it for a soap box derby a few times a year because the wheels still work but dont pretend its still a premium car.
Oh Man. Probably not worth the effort. Thanks for absolutely slaughtering that analogy with whatever that jibberish was

Not sure we are pretending anything. He is playing for a 1st year draftee's salary and cost us absolutely nothing trade wise. The trade pick swap you could have done with or without Jenkins so that's of no relevance. You keep pointing to the fact you save a couple of hundred thousand dollars as a Win.

The fact you are paying more than one players wages next year is an embarrassment. #winning

Oh Man. Probably not worth the effort. Thanks for absolutely slaughtering that analogy with whatever that jibberish was

Not sure we are pretending anything. He is playing for a 1st year draftee's salary and cost us absolutely nothing trade wise. The trade pick swap you could have done with or without Jenkins so that's of no relevance. You keep pointing to the fact you save a couple of hundred thousand dollars as a Win.

The fact you are paying more than one players wages next year is an embarrassment. #winning
At worst you guys have got cheap experienced depth... but I expect JJ to play most games next season.

We had to move JJ on as need to play Fogarty & he has fallen out with a few at the Crows.

Should be a win/win.

Hey if I could talk myself into Sam Blease, Aaron Black, Hamish McIntosh and even Zac Smith (he probably exceeded expectations in his time with Geelong), I can get behind this.

Practically zero risk and potentially a very handy player who will at least command some respect from the opposition and make it harder to lock down on Hawkins and Ablett.

Sounds like Adelaide's happy too. There doesn't always have to be a winner and a loser.

Hey if I could talk myself into Sam Blease, Aaron Black, Hamish McIntosh and even Zac Smith (he probably exceeded expectations in his time with Geelong), I can get behind this.

Practically zero risk and potentially a very handy player who will at least command some respect from the opposition and make it harder to lock down on Hawkins and Ablett.

Sounds like Adelaide's happy too. There doesn't always have to be a winner and a loser.
It was mostly his leaking to caro wilson that gave me the sh1ts with him. He was a destabilising influence at the club and i am happy he was traded. Yes he can play and i am sure he will help you guys out but for where we are at he had to go and hopefully along with some others and some back of house staff gone, nicks has the clean air to come in and do his thing.

Jenkins gave good service over the years but the relationship soured. I have moved on as i am sure the club has

As long as you come with the expectation he's not gonna crash a pack will do fine for you. That's the biggest issue, people look at him and wonder why he's not a beast rather than accept for what he is. Can see him having a good year.

I reckon this is the nail/head comment. People don't like the 6'11 NBA player who sits in the corner launching threes and averages about 5 rebounds and they don't like the prototype ruck sized player who seemingly has more in common with Luke Breust than Shane Mumford in his approach to the game. Personally I don't really care, as long as they are an asset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back