Modern Day Event Julian Assange & Wikileaks - What’s the conspiracy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Assange is not, and never was, a journalist. He’s a hacker with dubious links to Russian cyber criminals.
Greenwald used to be a journalist. He’s evolved into some kind of hybrid between a journalist and a shill for the permanently outraged on the Right.

Geez

Greenwald is pretty good, but this blind spot he's developed for all things Trump is perplexing.

"But at least Biden doesn't post rambunctious tweets", rofl. Wasn't Pompeo literally requesting options from the CIA on how Assange could be killed?
Greenwald's main focus is the lies and control of the media by C_I_A and others "These people devote their entire career to little more than saying whatever the CIA tells them to say -- no matter how preposterous, discredited and debunked -- and then insist they are competent to decree what is true and false and to combat and censor "disinformation."

He had plenty of criticism of Trump and still does of Pompeo, but suppression of information and facts by the corporate media and big tech in favour of “experts” who can be trusted to run our societies, largely in secret but provide a stability that should keep any Trumps out of power is propaganda, and is what I relate to in Greenwald's point of view.

Trump and his mean tweets didn't fit the mold and he correctly highlighted the fake news before it was obvious to many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to write about this segment because I don't mean that Scarborough and McCaskill expressed dubious views, but that each of the lies they told are demonstrably false. The ones who yell loudest about disinformation are those who spread it most. NBC lies like this daily.

Democrats are everything they accuse Trump and Fox of being. Their networks -- NBC & CNN -- spread lies daily as disinformation outlets. They want their enemies censored, imprisoned, silenced. The ones who write Atlantic essays on democracy are the most virulent authoritarians.

Jim Acosta was celebrated by liberals for pretending to be endangered by Trump even though nobody ever cared about that harmless blowhard. Meanwhile, here he is justifying the prosecution of Julian Assange, 1,000 times the journalist Acosta is:

It is US liberalism that favors censorship through a union of state and corporate power. It is US liberalism whose networks constantly lie to defend the state. It is US liberalism which wants Assange imprisoned for the crime of journalism. That's who the authoritarian menace is.

(from Glen Greewald twitter link above)

Tweet unavailable?

Greenwald: Watching US citizens and subjects of the British crown (including journalists) justify Assange's persecution by claiming he's not a journalist but a spy or national security threat is grotesque. This is the exact rationale used by every tyrant to justify imprisoning journalists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back