All Australian
May 3, 2009
Bundoora, Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeton-Whitton Crows
jurrah246a.jpg

That picture doesn't give the impression that it was that "good" but if you see the whole thing in motion, it looks awesome.

Just an amazing mark. He seemed to just float on top of the pack and mark it. Every time it was replayed on the screens at Footy Park the crowd applauded. It was that good. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic grab. Just about worth the price of admission alone. It's not that often someone does something so special the opposition crowd applaud it.

I'm trying to remember the name of your player who took an even more spectacular grab 5 or 10 years ago.

Jurrah is a damn fine player in the making.

Fantastic grab. Just about worth the price of admission alone. It's not that often someone does something so special the opposition crowd applaud it.

I'm trying to remember the name of your player who took an even more spectacular grab 5 or 10 years ago.

Jurrah is a damn fine player in the making.

Ryan Ferguson took a ripper against you guys a while back at AAMI im pretty sure.

Michael Newton took the mark of the year in 2007 against North. Prior to that, it was only really Russell Robertson that took hangers for us in recent years.

It wasn't Shaun Smith was it? He had slightly greying hair at the time IIRC and I remember he was interviewed after the game and asked if anyone had a picture of it could they contact him. Fair enough too.

Credit to the Port Adelaide fans at the game who (judging by the YouTube clip) appeared to give a pretty good ovation to the mark. Not sure i've ever seen that before, opposition fans applauding a piece of brilliance like that. :thumbsu:

An unforgetabble moment from an otherwise forgetabble game.

It wasn't Shaun Smith was it? He had slightly greying hair at the time IIRC and I remember he was interviewed after the game and asked if anyone had a picture of it could they contact him. Fair enough too.
Yeah Smith took mark of the century against Brisbane at the Gabba, that was 15 years ago though! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back