Movie Justice League (November 17 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Its good, not great but something I would definitely watch again and enjoy, unlike the garbage that was BvS this actually made sense even if the start was rushed I was happy enough to make the leaps with them.

The vision of Gotham in the first scene was something I definitely want to see more of. Looked great and straight from the comics and arkham games but not old fashioned. Do that Batman movie please.

Like that Batman stayed within his limits and they are definitely closer in the correct portrayal of Superman.
Flash and Aguaman were solid but Ezras running style seemed really weird in one part, not sure Barry Allan is supposed to be that awkward by that is totally in Millers wheelhouse so got to play to his strengths and he is reasonably funny.

Aguamans lasoo of truth scene was good and he just said what everyone was thinking.

Loved how they mixed in the old Superman theme and the 89 Batman theme for small sections.

Deathstroke * yes. His eye patch was weird though.

I thought the start was all over the place and super choppy.

Got better as it went, they absolutely focus on how smoking hot Gal is, the Flash probably stole the show but it got good when Supes came back... I agree that he was much more likeable and we actually saw his true power and strengh and the huge Supes fan in me absolutely loved it.

I was hoping like hell that scene from the trailers with Alfred was leading to a surprise Lantern arrival, but dare say it was just Clark going to him and finding out where the others were.

Overall I enjoyed it, wouldn't at all be surprised to see an extended cut when released on blue ray/dvd and that could potentially make it a very good movie

When Supes arrived to beat up Steppenwolf i was all giggty.

Movie was good, first half hour was crap with some very average dialogue/exposition. Also moustache cgi was horrendous.

despite some info about this slipping thru my pre viewing filters i had no problem with it, or least didnt see it.

I thought the start was all over the place and super choppy.

Got better as it went, they absolutely focus on how smoking hot Gal is, the Flash probably stole the show but it got good when Supes came back... I agree that he was much more likeable and we actually saw his true power and strengh and the huge Supes fan in me absolutely loved it.

I was hoping like hell that scene from the trailers with Alfred was leading to a surprise Lantern arrival, but dare say it was just Clark going to him and finding out where the others were.

Overall I enjoyed it, wouldn't at all be surprised to see an extended cut when released on blue ray/dvd and that could potentially make it a very good movie

Yes, this movie is absolutely craving for a 3 hour extended/ultimate edition. There's so much more in there, from excluded trailer footage to scenes retained in the film but heavily edited down.

It's already a very good film IMO, the addition of the extra content would likely elevate it further.

Numerous scenes that didn't make the final cut from the initial trailers.

DO3IzV4XUAA1Ycm.jpg:large

I'd love to see a two-part movie series with the JL. An epic of sorts, with an incredibly powerful villain, a JL member death and a sun-dipped Supes going head to head against said villain in the finale.

I liked this movie. Rated DOJ 4/10 (ok but not terrible) and this is a 6/10 for me (enjoyable).

Interesting that Warner Bros is part owners of Fandago, which is the parent company of Rotten Tomatoes...

Its currently 39% on there.
Rotten Tomatoes have become something they really shouldn’t have. When it started it was so honest and about looking after the viewer and helpin them spend their $$. That’s just not the case anymore.

Yes, this movie is absolutely craving for a 3 hour extended/ultimate edition. There's so much more in there, from excluded trailer footage to scenes retained in the film but heavily edited down.

It's already a very good film IMO, the addition of the extra content would likely elevate it further.
That seems to be the common refrain with DC...'wait for the director's cut'. Sorry, that's not good enough, what's on the screen should be entertaining in its own right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems to be the common refrain with DC...'wait for the director's cut'. Sorry, that's not good enough, what's on the screen should be entertaining in its own right.

Yep, I've been saying the same thing on here ever since BvS. They pulled the same card with SS.

And also as I said earlier, of all the films that needed a long running time, this was the one. WB sure have made some monumental * ups with some of their stipulations.

Yep, I've been saying the same thing on here ever since BvS. They pulled the same card with SS.

And also as I said earlier, of all the films that needed a long running time, this was the one. WB sure have made some monumental **** ups with some of their stipulations.
Wasn't it originally going to be a two-parter as well? So they cut it from two movies to one, then a likely three hours to two hours. Not sure why DC can't get it right, but I would almost (almost) scrap it and start again if I was them.

Interesting that Warner Bros is part owners of Fandago, which is the parent company of Rotten Tomatoes...

Its currently 39% on there.
Some division of Disney also have a massive share in RT.

Critically, DC movies will always fail to deliver, but for the movie goer, everyone seems to walk away happy

Wasn't it originally going to be a two-parter as well? So they cut it from two movies to one, then a likely three hours to two hours. Not sure why DC can't get it right, but I would almost (almost) scrap it and start again if I was them.

Yes was originally a 2 part film. Part 2 was due in 2019, as per their slated announcements in 2014's SDCC. But after the panning BvS and SS received last year, and with Johns' heavier involvement, it's since been completely revamped.

The sequel currently doesn't have a release date. Or estimate. Same with The Batman. Justice League originally was meant to end with Darkseid's arrival, as a cliffhanger for the sequel.

Talk of scrapping/rebooting is incredibly unlikely. Although these films have been largely derided, they've made a s**t ton of money.

Just wanted to mention.. i LOVED the touch of the original Superman score playing as he joined them all at the end.

Hell yes. That was great, along with the hint of the Batman theme from Elfman's score of Burton's films.

Otherwise, a pretty underwhelming soundtrack it must be said. I missed Zimmer's work here.

Yes was originally a 2 part film. Part 2 was due in 2019, as per their slated announcements in 2014's SDCC. But after the panning BvS and SS received last year, and with Johns' heavier involvement, it's since been completely revamped.

The sequel currently doesn't have a release date. Or estimate. Same with The Batman. Justice League originally was meant to end with Darkseid's arrival, as a cliffhanger for the sequel.

Talk of scrapping/rebooting is incredibly unlikely. Although these films have been largely derided, they've made a s**t ton of money.
Yes and no on the money thing. JL reportedly coat $250 to $300m plus marketing and advertising can add tens of millions more. It's going to need to make $700m simply to break even.

Yes and no on the money thing. JL reportedly coat $250 to $300m plus marketing and advertising can add tens of millions more. It's going to need to make $700m simply to break even.

It was only released 2 days ago, I'm not including JL in my comment about how much money these movies have made. I doubt it will cross the $1b mark but should be able to make a profit of some sorts.

I'm talking about the previous films, I read recently that the DCEU reached the $3b mark in less films than Marvel did. Good movies or not, the universe is beyond scrapping. Money talks.

It was only released 2 days ago, I'm not including JL in my comment about how much money these movies have made. I doubt it will cross the $1b mark but should be able to make a profit of some sorts.

I'm talking about the previous films, I read recently that the DCEU reached the $3b mark in less films than Marvel did. Good movies or not, the universe is beyond scrapping. Money talks.

Outside Wonder Woman - and probably Suicide Squad - the movies have fallen well short of expectations revenue rise. Opportunity cost matters more than the amount of money made.

Financially DC isn't building towards anything. The Marvel movies may have started lower but each movie created publicity and demand for future movies.

Look at Thor -> Thor 2 -> Thor: Ragnarok (WW $449m to $665m in two weeks). Or Captain America -> Winter Soldier -> Civil War (WW $371m to $1,153m). Or Iron Man -> Iron Man 2 -> Iron Man 3 (WW $585m to $1,215m). Not to mention that the success and goodwill generated by these earlier films allowed Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange to be greenlighted and successful.

Batman vs Superman didn't drive demand for Justice League and Justice League won't drive demand for Aquaman or Justice League 2. It is highly likely that Justice League will earn a lot less than Batman vs Superman; at the very least it will open far lower. The only movie that has successfully created a franchise is Wonder Woman: the sequel will almost certainly open far larger than the first and generate greater income worldwide.

Critically, DC movies will always fail to deliver, but for the movie goer, everyone seems to walk away happy

Wonder Woman says otherwise. So does the Nolan trilogy.

Furthermore, word of mouth for Batman vs Superman was awful. It had an opening weekend multiplier in the US of around 2. Lower than any movie released in the Marvel or DC cinematic universes.

By comparison, a movie such as Wonder Woman, which had great word of mouth, had a multiplier of around 4. Higher than any other movie released in the Marvel or DC cinematic universes.

Moviegoers regularly reward great films. There is no evidence of the DC films outperform the critics via stronger than expected word of mouth.

Additionally, the comic book genre was still in its infancy when Marvel's first movies came out. Now it's well established and other studios are benefiting from the ground work laid by Marvel (and Nolan). The only reason DC is struggling is because its films aren't up to scratch, which is a shame.

They just don't seem to understand comic book films. One article was talking about female viewers driving continued interest as with WW. But WW is something of a feminist icon, JL is just another boy's film. It's not going to get the same effect.

I'd love to see a two-part movie series with the JL. An epic of sorts, with an incredibly powerful villain, a JL member death and a sun-dipped Supes going head to head against said villain in the finale.

I liked this movie. Rated DOJ 4/10 (ok but not terrible) and this is a 6/10 for me (enjoyable).

This is a logical prequel to a movie featuring Darkseid, since Steppenwolf is related to him, and Darkseid is as/more powerful than Superman so it's the obvious next step. They're playing it very safe though, but this movie should be successful enough to warrant a sequel in the same storyline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back