Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, it's Sky/Comcasts/Foxtel's own proprietary OS (Entertainment OS).
It's like their spin on google tv or other smart TV OSs but they pick which apps are on there, like with the iQ boxes.
Even checked the open source licenses for the thing, only android references are to mobile apps. :/

Have a look at the product photos on the jb Hi-Fi link I posted. You can see Netflix, Disney plus and Amazon prime logos/shows.

This review shows more, including Apple plus or whatever it’s called.

Have a look at the product photos on the jb Hi-Fi link I posted. You can see Netflix, Disney plus and Amazon prime logos/shows.

This review shows more, including Apple plus or whatever it’s called.
They're all pre-installed, you can't download, say, Plex or Tubi onto a hubbl.
It's at Foxtel's discretion what apps are on there or not.
Okay now I'm confused.
trust me, i've got one and actually read up on it instead of looking at pictures and assuming things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have confirmation of what viewpoint means?

My Samsung tv has the stream at 4k, but viewpoint as 1080

My chromecast has both at 4k

Other forums some say viewpoint is the actual output (ie downscaled to HD on samsung), others say it only refers to UI and still is shown I 4k

I got a message yesterday offering a Hubbl thing for half price.

Is this like a Chromecast? Which I already have?
More or less. It's great if you don't have a streaming device already, but yeah, if you've got a chromecast or fire stick etc it's a bit superfluous. The TV guide for the free-to-air and foxtel apps is nice, and depending on what apps you're subbed to you might save some money month-to-month, but that's about it.

More or less. It's great if you don't have a streaming device already, but yeah, if you've got a chromecast or fire stick etc it's a bit superfluous. The TV guide for the free-to-air and foxtel apps is nice, and depending on what apps you're subbed to you might save some money month-to-month, but that's about it.
I only use Kayo, plus Netflix etc. No other Fox ones, I assume that's where the discount applies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back