Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look & couldn't find anything from them.
Interesting...are you signed up through Telstra? I just checked their website Kayo Sports Help and it states the below:

Why is my subscription price increasing?

As we continually look to bring you the best sporting content globally and improve your Kayo experience, we are making an adjustment to the Basic subscription price.

As of 9 May 2022, Kayo’s Basic subscription price will be increasing from $25/mth to $27.50/mth. For customers who are billed via Apple, your subscription price will increase to $27.99/mth.

Interesting...are you signed up through Telstra? I just checked their website Kayo Sports Help and it states the below:

Why is my subscription price increasing?

As we continually look to bring you the best sporting content globally and improve your Kayo experience, we are making an adjustment to the Basic subscription price.

As of 9 May 2022, Kayo’s Basic subscription price will be increasing from $25/mth to $27.50/mth. For customers who are billed via Apple, your subscription price will increase to $27.99/mth.

hmm, I'm not through Telstra, definitely going up though.

Got the price rise email this morning. No mention of any new services, just that they are trying to improve their service. Pretty poor reason.

You are right they are pushing it. $2.50 a month is not going to break the bank, but it just might be enough for me to cancel the subscription between the football and cricket seasons. Normally I just let it roll on.

Got the price rise email this morning. No mention of any new services, just that they are trying to improve their service. Pretty poor reason.

You are right they are pushing it. $2.50 a month is not going to break the bank, but it just might be enough for me to cancel the subscription between the football and cricket seasons. Normally I just let it roll on.

Buy a new 2$ Telstra sim and sign up to the Kayo 15$ a month deal, took me less than 2 hours to set everything up.

I dropped Netflix over their price hikes, and I only have Kayo to watch about 20 games of AFL a year so the second AFL season is done I'll be dumping them. No doubt this is a lazy/lets claim inflation tax.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buy a new 2$ Telstra sim and sign up to the Kayo 15$ a month deal, took me less than 2 hours to set everything up.
Thanks, I will check it out.

Also if anyone has a standard transaction account with Macquarie (which has no fees) you can buy gift cards for a heap of places at a discount. One of them is Kayo, save 5%. I wonder if that will change.

No, I don't work for Macquarie, just pointing out a deal. It's not much but when you pay for fuel, food etc. at a discount it does add up over a year.

$2.50 a month rise is peanuts to the value I save from not having a Foxtel subscription anymore.

Interesting to see when the AFL broadcasting deal gets done how much they'll jack it up to try recover some costs.

Still great value- $13.75 each if you find someone to share with. Half the price of GA seating for a single game at Marvel ($27).

However, agreed that price rises for the sake of price rises are annoying, and feel opportunistic.

Shame that the EPL has gone to Optus Sports for another x years, Fox needed this back and maybe it would've been an easier "sell" for the price rise!
I think that's the thing. If they has said the price is going up and we are adding this, this and this it would be ok.

With Stan Sport and Optus Sport competing the last thing I want is having to subscribe to another bloody streaming service.

They just upped the price of their Basic package by another $2.50 starting next month. Maybe cover increased bandiwth or server costs?
Or I guess Rupert needs another gold toilet.

I never watch #deletekayo, I always use BigFooty's premium partner: Stan© Sport - The Home of Rugby - and UEFA Champions League

Decent yet slightly overpriced service if you enjoy watching rugby.

They've done a terrible job with Champions league coverage though, would like to know who's in charge of their highlights compilations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back