KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, the Medal deals with umpires and not club people who know what players have been asked to do.
From a VT point of view I would have thought Russ Lee would be the first person invited to the vote count night

Just hope Wheels can hang on to the statewide goalkicking as I read in the weekly times that sherrin are going to make and present a personalised footy to the states leading goalkicker.

Could be more good exposure for the KDFL

Remember, the Medal deals with umpires and not club people who know what players have been asked to do.
Ive only seen VT 3 times this year but the 3 games i've seen Russ Lee has totally dominated and from what i have heard from other VT supporters and opposition players he looks unbeatable.

With a huge win by Merrigum over Avenel it appears that only a big win by Lancaster over Violet Town can change the final five. Who would have thought at the start of the season that as few as nine wins could see your team playing finals?

Still a mathematical possibility of 8 teams playing finals. Huge game this week between Tally and Avenel, the victor will keep their chances alive.

Avenel can make the 5 if they can beat both Tally and Nagambie; and if Murchison lose to Rushworth and Lancaster drop one.
Tally would have to beat both Avenel and Girgarre convincingly and hope Rushy do a job on Murch and Lanky lose one.
Murchison to beat Ardmona giving it 10 wins, and should be enough to qualify if Avenel or Lancaster drop one. Lancaster need to beat both VT and Merrigum in their final two games, the Bats percentage will trump Avenel's.

Looking at that I agree that it is likely that the Final 5 won't change, setting up the following fixture in KDFL Finals Week 1.

Qualifying: Undera V Nagambie @ Violet Town
Elimination: Rushworth V Murchison @ Undera

Ive only seen VT 3 times this year but the 3 games i've seen Russ Lee has totally dominated and from what i have heard from other VT supporters and opposition players he looks unbeatable.

The kdl umpys are a joke i bet lee wont win the medal when he is clearly the best player in the comp and prob has a few vote stealers and alot of 2,s when whelan kicks bags!
My tips are D.kerr
C.whelan, r.lee to tie for 2nd
perry meka for 3rd

Are you D Kerr's brother Wayne?

funny man mate! Pretty sure he came 2nd by memory last year and has had another good year and has less players to steal votes! Umpys obviously give him votes so why not be a chance! As for perry meka bein 3rd well clearly your sense of humour isnt there mate lighten up! Your top 3???

funny man mate! Pretty sure he came 2nd by memory last year and has had another good year and has less players to steal votes! Umpys obviously give him votes so why not be a chance! As for perry meka bein 3rd well clearly your sense of humour isnt there mate lighten up! Your top 3???
R Lee 36

C Barnett 22
J Van De Pol 19

R Lee 36

C Barnett 22
J Van De Pol 19

Hey sparra, I've not seen a game this year, but sagey seems to get in the best a lot & is a proven vote getter, may he take a few from russ..?? I actually reckon marco polo could be onto something with Kerr, everyone I've spoken to about him thinks he's a stand out player & may poll a lot of tally's overall amount..?

Given wheels is averaging over or close to ten a game surely he'll poll well, wonder if he gets the 3 for kicking 34, didn't russ lee have 64 possies that do, too..?

Hey sparra, I've not seen a game this year, but sagey seems to get in the best a lot & is a proven vote getter, may he take a few from russ..?? I actually reckon marco polo could be onto something with Kerr, everyone I've spoken to about him thinks he's a stand out player & may poll a lot of tally's overall amount..?

Given wheels is averaging over or close to ten a game surely he'll poll well, wonder if he gets the 3 for kicking 34, didn't russ lee have 64 possies that do, too..?

D Sage started slowly probably playing out of the pocket a bit too much but as soon as he moved up the ground has really hit his straps. Kicked a couple from the centre at Gig on the weekend.

Don't know about Kerr, but Arho has really impressed me the few times we have played them.

Wheels should get the 3 for the 34 goal game as he did have 3 opponents one out for the last 1/4 and a half.

I just reckon Russ has been an absolute stand out in most games he has played, and he does like to involve the umps in a bit of friendly chat before, after and during the game along with the welcoming handshake.

What coaching jobs are up for grabs in 2013?
Rushworth, Nagambie and Stanhope have come across my desk as being open, McDonnell going on at Lancaster? Ardmona, will Perry be the saviour again?, Barnett to stay on at Merrigum. Have other clubs locked in their current coaches and are any already in the process of appointing new ones. Word is two local products with coaching experience are in the running for the Stanhope job!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What coaching jobs are up for grabs in 2013?
Rushworth, Nagambie and Stanhope have come across my desk as being open, McDonnell going on at Lancaster? Ardmona, will Perry be the saviour again?, Barnett to stay on at Merrigum. Have other clubs locked in their current coaches and are any already in the process of appointing new ones. Word is two local products with coaching experience are in the running for the Stanhope job!

Reeves continuing at Murchison in 2013.

Well it seems like a pretty simple equation for Murchison and Avenel. If Murchison win it's finals time; if not, hope that Avenel don't beat Nagambie.

Also I hear that Whelan broke the human blimp's goal kicking record by 1, is that true?

Correct blackout, whelan is the new league record holder with most goals in a match & most goals in a season. You'd think Rushy & murch will play each other 2 weeks in a row.. They'll hopefully have appointed their new coach in the next week or 2.

R Lee 36

C Barnett 22
J Van De Pol 19

1st - Lee (VT)
2nd - Kerr (Tally)
3rd - Whelan (VT) or Roberts (Gig)

From Stanhope, would probably say Lowey but only played the first 10. Alec Young has had a great season since coming across. Either one of those 2 for most votes from my club.

Just something the VCFL are sending out to clubs as some of us wind up for the season, not a bad read.
DON’T GO MAD ON MONDAY
As the season wraps up for another year for the majority of VCFL clubs over the next few weeks, the desire to ‘celebrate’ the season is often high on the priority list for players and volunteers.
Mad Monday is a fixture of the community sports calendar just like it is with the AFL boys.
While we recognise that it is important for your players and volunteers to celebrate the hard work you have put in together all year, it is critical that you don’t let all your team rules go out the window with a binge drinking session that has the risk of going sour.
It is clearly documented that risky behavior is heightened with excessive use of alcohol.
There is an increased risk of violence and assault; increased potential of risky behavior like swimming or driving while under the influence; and the risk that the clubs reputation is hurt if someone damages themselves or property while ‘celebrating’ too hard.
There have been too many hours of hard work this year for it all to go down the drain with the actions of a minority under the influence of alcohol and peer pressure.
The Australian Drug Foundation, through the Good Sports Program, encourages clubs to think about Mad Monday and set some ground rules before it comes around. The President and the team leaders play an important role in setting the boundaries and standards for Mad Monday – just as you set the ground rules for club culture on the field of play.
Let’s have a look at team rules and how they apply to Mad Monday:

Instructive Voice
Make it clear to the participants what your expectations are and what behaviours will be tolerated. Absolutely, have a good time and enjoy everyone’s company – but do it in a manner that is respectful of everyone involved and also to those in the wider community.
Talk about the risks that come with drinking – none of us make good decisions when we are drunk, and we need to look after our mates.
Don’t sit back in silence. Use your voice to get to the goal – having a good time and celebrating another season just gone.

Numbers to the Ball
It is important to support each other on Mad Monday just like you do on the field.
Stick together as a group so that no-one gets left behind to fend for themselves, or no-one goes against the team rules. If you need to, set up a buddy system and clearly identify those that are designated non drinkers who can assist.
Again, you want to know that your mate is going to be there in support of you, and that he will help you make the right decision. An ‘all-in’ culture will also assist when the need to move venues, to finish, or to clear out of a public space is required.

The 1%’ers
Preparation and the 1%ers are also important when it comes to Mad Monday.
Make sure there is plenty of food before and during the event. Schedule times for the group to sit down for a meal, or make sure that finger food is circulated during the event.
Keep drinking water. Drinking alcohol quickly dehydrates your system, and alternating an alcoholic drink with a water during the day will help with the way you feel now and tomorrow – it will also reduce the total amount of drinks you have during the day.
Keep yourself busy – play a few games of pool, have a dance, and get around the room for conversations. Don’t get sucked into shouts – drink at your own pace. Know your own limits.

Leadership
Leadership does not stop on the field. It is more important than ever that the club leaders play a role in monitoring the behavior of the group, and setting the standard on Mad Monday. You have no issue reminding a player of their responsibilities on the field and the team rules - pull up any blokes that are straying from the group on the grog and set them straight.
What will the group think if you are out of control, or passed out on the floor? Does this give them licence to imitate your behavior?

Respect
Probably the most important word for Mad Monday is RESPECT.
Not everyone in the community will share your sentiment that you deserve to ‘have a big one’ at the end of the season – to them it will represent all that is bad about football culture.
Give them no reason to make a complaint or feel aggrieved by your behavior (best to celebrate out of the public eye in the clubrooms or ‘closed function’ if possible).
Give them every reason to respect the way you carry yourselves as a bunch of players and officials who are proud of themselves and respect community values.

The Rules of the Game
It is against the law for anyone under the age of 18 to be drinking alcohol.
Don’t let anyone who has been drinking to drive anywhere, anytime.

l
Just something the VCFL are sending out to clubs as some of us wind up for the season, not a bad read.
DON’T GO MAD ON MONDAY
As the season wraps up for another year for the majority of VCFL clubs over the next few weeks, the desire to ‘celebrate’ the season is often high on the priority list for players and volunteers.
Mad Monday is a fixture of the community sports calendar just like it is with the AFL boys.
While we recognise that it is important for your players and volunteers to celebrate the hard work you have put in together all year, it is critical that you don’t let all your team rules go out the window with a binge drinking session that has the risk of going sour.
It is clearly documented that risky behavior is heightened with excessive use of alcohol.
There is an increased risk of violence and assault; increased potential of risky behavior like swimming or driving while under the influence; and the risk that the clubs reputation is hurt if someone damages themselves or property while ‘celebrating’ too hard.
There have been too many hours of hard work this year for it all to go down the drain with the actions of a minority under the influence of alcohol and peer pressure.
The Australian Drug Foundation, through the Good Sports Program, encourages clubs to think about Mad Monday and set some ground rules before it comes around. The President and the team leaders play an important role in setting the boundaries and standards for Mad Monday – just as you set the ground rules for club culture on the field of play.
Let’s have a look at team rules and how they apply to Mad Monday:

Instructive Voice
Make it clear to the participants what your expectations are and what behaviours will be tolerated. Absolutely, have a good time and enjoy everyone’s company – but do it in a manner that is respectful of everyone involved and also to those in the wider community.
Talk about the risks that come with drinking – none of us make good decisions when we are drunk, and we need to look after our mates.
Don’t sit back in silence. Use your voice to get to the goal – having a good time and celebrating another season just gone.

Numbers to the Ball
It is important to support each other on Mad Monday just like you do on the field.
Stick together as a group so that no-one gets left behind to fend for themselves, or no-one goes against the team rules. If you need to, set up a buddy system and clearly identify those that are designated non drinkers who can assist.
Again, you want to know that your mate is going to be there in support of you, and that he will help you make the right decision. An ‘all-in’ culture will also assist when the need to move venues, to finish, or to clear out of a public space is required.

The 1%’ers
Preparation and the 1%ers are also important when it comes to Mad Monday.
Make sure there is plenty of food before and during the event. Schedule times for the group to sit down for a meal, or make sure that finger food is circulated during the event.
Keep drinking water. Drinking alcohol quickly dehydrates your system, and alternating an alcoholic drink with a water during the day will help with the way you feel now and tomorrow – it will also reduce the total amount of drinks you have during the day.
Keep yourself busy – play a few games of pool, have a dance, and get around the room for conversations. Don’t get sucked into shouts – drink at your own pace. Know your own limits.

Leadership
Leadership does not stop on the field. It is more important than ever that the club leaders play a role in monitoring the behavior of the group, and setting the standard on Mad Monday. You have no issue reminding a player of their responsibilities on the field and the team rules - pull up any blokes that are straying from the group on the grog and set them straight.
What will the group think if you are out of control, or passed out on the floor? Does this give them licence to imitate your behavior?

Respect
Probably the most important word for Mad Monday is RESPECT.
Not everyone in the community will share your sentiment that you deserve to ‘have a big one’ at the end of the season – to them it will represent all that is bad about football culture.
Give them no reason to make a complaint or feel aggrieved by your behavior (best to celebrate out of the public eye in the clubrooms or ‘closed function’ if possible).
Give them every reason to respect the way you carry yourselves as a bunch of players and officials who are proud of themselves and respect community values.

The Rules of the Game
It is against the law for anyone under the age of 18 to be drinking alcohol.
Don’t let anyone who has been drinking to drive anywhere, anytime..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back