KDFL U/18's - Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

kdfl princess

Rookie
Feb 24, 2010
kyabram
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
the only time a got a green can after a hard day on the track, was the last day in september 07'!
lol,
does anyone know what the actual go is with ardy, have they got any numbers at all? any thirds?
i know longy doesn't, and how's lanky 3rds shaping up.. heard rumours that they had a fair selection from surrounds?
dunno about ardy... but on the other two longy thirds had been bared for 3 yrs for fighting....and lanky thirds aint to good as us tonny thirds won bye 3 points not at full stength....

Blackout

All Australian
Apr 1, 2009
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
dunno about ardy... but on the other two longy thirds had been bared for 3 yrs for fighting....and lanky thirds aint to good as us tonny thirds won bye 3 points not at full stength....
So Longwood are looking like being the only club that aren't going to be able to put a thirds team out on the park?

Have Merrigum got a side together? It's been a few years since they've had a competitive bunch of blokes in the Under 18's.

kdfl princess

Rookie
Feb 24, 2010
kyabram
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So Longwood are looking like being the only club that aren't going to be able to put a thirds team out on the park?

Have Merrigum got a side together? It's been a few years since they've had a competitive bunch of blokes in the Under 18's.
yeh the gum look to have no side as yet was spoken by the the gum coach and he beleaves they will have one but thats a dif storty to what the boys say all i think longy the gum and ardy will have no thirds as the kdfl thirds are falling apart with it geting weaker as the yrs pass on

Modra6

Rookie
Jan 19, 2010
Shepparton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also heard the gum wont have 3rds along with longy but im sure ardy have got one up and running and not supposed to be too bad of a team either. Merrigum had a decent 3rds side about 3 years ago and have found it hard finding more juniors over the years

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
I'll say it again.... KDFL get 4ths going. Your clubs will reap the rewards and the kids will get involved.

blues1

Rookie
Mar 18, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Seeing as a fair fre players arew going up r to other clubs and last years B+F Damin Cers out injured for the entire 2010 season, I don't think they'll travel too well this year.

Damin is only out till after the first bye which is in 2 weeks.
They had a massive first round win, with Tyler Vick and Hayden Gemill out and Jake Keating playing seniors so pretty sure they will be competitve this year and should make the top 6.

kdfl princess

Rookie
Feb 24, 2010
kyabram
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Damin is only out till after the first bye which is in 2 weeks.
They had a massive first round win, with Tyler Vick and Hayden Gemill out and Jake Keating playing seniors so pretty sure they will be competitve this year and should make the top 6.
true that damian cers out jake keating snrs tyler vick out josh wiffern out ryan efret out hayden gemil out should be strong a side if we can get into gear early on in the season to the better teams like moama finly and deni rams

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
I'll say it again.... KDFL get 4ths going. Your clubs will reap the rewards and the kids will get involved.

As much as I think that this is a good idea (especially for my club, Murchison as having a 4ths would stem the tide of Murch kids having to go to Tat or to play soccer), you're going to run into the same problems as what we're having with our 3rds, and that is in some places there aren't enough kids to go around.

And I think to this end, we should look at amalgamating some sides together under one banner (for both our 3rds & a 4ths if we get them), like if Longwood can't get a side on their own, an option would be to link up with Violet Town, and split games between the two grounds.

Or Merrigum linking up with Undera, and doing the same there, splitting everything up the middle, with coaches, home games, trainers, having one night a week to train together & then having them train with the seniors on other nights etc.

And if any of these clubs wish to go it alone, they should have the chance to do so, as this should be done on a year by year basis.

They do something similar with Myrtleford & Bright in the high country, and Cooma & Girgarre do it with cricket, so it can be done if the will is there to do it.

Because the important thing here in the KDFL 3rds is that guys are playing the game, having fun doing it, and keeping kids together even if you have to join forces with someone else to do so.

P.S
Rarely in the KDFL have we ever had all sides have 3rds (15-20 years ago barely over 1/2 the sides had 3rds), and the problems with numbers happen everywhere, including in areas with higher populations such as Yea & Broadford.

P.P.S
I know Merrigum & Longwood won't have 3rds, but how's everyone else going ? and are Ardmona & Violet Town struggling to get a side ?,

kdfl princess

Rookie
Feb 24, 2010
kyabram
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As much as I think that this is a good idea (especially for my club, Murchison as having a 4ths would stem the tide of Murch kids having to go to Tat or to play soccer), you're going to run into the same problems as what we're having with our 3rds, and that is in some places there aren't enough kids to go around.

And I think to this end, we should look at amalgamating some sides together under one banner (for both our 3rds & a 4ths if we get them), like if Longwood can't get a side on their own, an option would be to link up with Violet Town, and split games between the two grounds.

Or Merrigum linking up with Undera, and doing the same there, splitting everything up the middle, with coaches, home games, trainers, having one night a week to train together & then having them train with the seniors on other nights etc.

And if any of these clubs wish to go it alone, they should have the chance to do so, as this should be done on a year by year basis.

They do something similar with Myrtleford & Bright in the high country, and Cooma & Girgarre do it with cricket, so it can be done if the will is there to do it.

Because the important thing here in the KDFL 3rds is that guys are playing the game, having fun doing it, and keeping kids together even if you have to join forces with someone else to do so.

P.S
Rarely in the KDFL have we ever had all sides have 3rds (15-20 years ago barely over 1/2 the sides had 3rds), and the problems with numbers happen everywhere, including in areas with higher populations such as Yea & Broadford.

P.P.S
I know Merrigum & Longwood won't have 3rds, but how's everyone else going ? and are Ardmona & Violet Town struggling to get a side ?,
mate do kdfl thirds evan exsist these day mate i havent heard any think sience u told us murrey leage boys to go back to our own thread i realy do think kdfl is s**t and is going no were

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blackout

All Australian
Apr 1, 2009
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
mate do kdfl thirds evan exsist these day mate i havent heard any think sience u told us murrey leage boys to go back to our own thread i realy do think kdfl is s**t and is going no were
It's district league football sunshine; it's not meant to set the world on fire. Having a shot at KDFL Under 18's is pretty poor form.

I'm sure the GV Under 18's boys keep reminding you how average your league is (it's a lot better standard than yours, it's all about perspective). Maybe you should have some respect for the time and effort some people have to go to get these sides out on the park. Some of the clubs have to go to extraordinary lengths to put a thirds side on the park, like Violet Town this year for instance.

Having a cheap shot at the KDFL thirds doesn't make you any better footballer, or person for that matter. I think you should really have a better understanding of the way things work before you come here and bad mouth something you clearly have no understanding of.

kdfl princess

Rookie
Feb 24, 2010
kyabram
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's district league football sunshine; it's not meant to set the world on fire. Having a shot at KDFL Under 18's is pretty poor form.

I'm sure the GV Under 18's boys keep reminding you how average your league is (it's a lot better standard than yours, it's all about perspective). Maybe you should have some respect for the time and effort some people have to go to get these sides out on the park. Some of the clubs have to go to extraordinary lengths to put a thirds side on the park, like Violet Town this year for instance.

Having a cheap shot at the KDFL thirds doesn't make you any better footballer, or person for that matter. I think you should really have a better understanding of the way things work before you come here and bad mouth something you clearly have no understanding of.
yeh thanks for the coment blackout i was just haveing ago at a few of the other boys that get on this s**t so i thort i would ster the pot a little more like why not its all s**t on bigfooty any way yeh.

and to playing kdfl i have played kdfl 2 yrs of my 4 yr carreer so iv played my fair share of it already dont ya think:D.

and ya coment on form i cleary think that murrey leage thirds games are prity fast and cleaner footy over the board :thumbsu:.

myself haveing a opinon on playing kdfl i personaly dont think i would go back to the leage it dont bettar ur carreer as a footballer it makes u go back a 100 mile a hour well ceers :)

BandGeek

Debutant
Apr 9, 2009
Ironbark Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth
yeh thanks for the coment blackout i was just haveing ago at a few of the other boys that get on this s**t so i thort i would ster the pot a little more like why not its all s**t on bigfooty any way yeh.

and to playing kdfl i have played kdfl 2 yrs of my 4 yr carreer so iv played my fair share of it already dont ya think:D.

and ya coment on form i cleary think that murrey leage thirds games are prity fast and cleaner footy over the board :thumbsu:.

myself haveing a opinon on playing kdfl i personaly dont think i would go back to the leage it dont bettar ur carreer as a footballer it makes u go back a 100 mile a hour well ceers :)

First of all your spelling and grammar is atrocious! I hope your not relying on your english to help you out in the future.

Second of all i don't see how playing KDFL football can destroy your career or abandon you of your skills and footballing ability. There are many highly talented footballers running around in this league and some even from our Under 18 comp. If you need to play in a great league or be surrounded by great players to be a good player yourself then you aren't much of a footballer at all(Which im guessing your not anyway judging by how you get on here and kick our Under 18 comp in the guts). If you were a half decent footballer and had any will and drive to better yourself as a footballer it shouldn't matter where your playing. What's stopping you from training and playing at your greatest level each time your out on the park?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back