Kellie Underwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Who does she support? She clearly let out a groan when Geelong turned it over in the last.

I think someone accidentally let a geelong groupie into the commentary box, and i'm not talking about Huddo.My god. It was bad enough having Richo with his slack-jawed drawl in the commentary box, but this was just a terrible call by Underwood. The last thing you need when the umps are clearly on Geelongs side is a nasaly ***** in the commentary box barracking for Geelong. "Ooooh the geelong defence putting on a training drill for the Dees" stfu we outscored them in two quarters and generally played pretty well. I wany my commentators to give insight into a game and not parrot exactly what is bleeding obvious. Absolute FAIL by channel 10.

Re: Female commentator for Geelong game

She lacked any real conviction in her voice and quite frankly it was annoying to listen to. I hope the experiment doesn't continue, even on radio.

My mum said she was terrible and cant understand why there is so much push for women in Mens footy. They should stick to Womens footy then nobody will complain.

Her deadpan monotone delivery didn't help but I did like her blatant bias favouring Geelong in her commentary for most of the game. :D

That's the only positive that I could ascertain from her "performance". Needs to relax a little if she wants to improve and get another chance at the gig.

The problem IMO was that she was too manly, like her enthusiasm is something you get from a bloke and that just ruined it for me.

Never send a woman to do a man's job.

I've got no issue at all with shelia's commentating, but sweet Jesus, make them bearable!!! Her voice and tone are just annoying as hell. So monotone and lifeless. Can't handle her on the radio either.

The female used in NBA games interviewing the players is awesome, she is increbibly knowlegeable and the players respect her. I think there is definately an avenue here for women to commentate, just needs to be tinkered a little.

Her and Huddo commentating together was like listening to a bunch of teenage girls talk about how cute Zac Efron is. Embarassingly pro-Geelong and with that annoyingly high pitched voice.

I reckon she must practice what she is going to say the night before using a hairbrush infront of the mirror.

ABSOLUTE FAIL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hope channel 10 listens to the viewers feedback. nothing to do with her being female, but she is simply not good enough to be calling our game.

annoying voice, cliched descriptions... even her accent is irritating. she has no qualifications to commentate on the game.

if she ever commentates a west coast game i will switch off the tv and listen to the radio coverage.

I don't think I have ever laughed when a woman has done stand up.

There are a few funny ones out there and I know some ridiculously funny women, but it's odd how blokes just tend to be funnier on stage than women. Maybe there's a hand-wringingly terrible stereotyping issue that stops funny chicks from doing stand up. Or maybe they just aren't good at it, who knows.

For the record:

1. Margaret Cho is piss-funny at times. Check out her stand up if you haven't yet. The stuff about her Korean mum and dad is genuinely hilarious.

[YOUTUBE]GPEY2FMtFjU[/YOUTUBE]

2. Underwood = Fail.

Did a good job. Worked within her limitations...

And her limitations are that of a one legged man in an ass kicking contest...

seriously, were you high when you watched the game or something?

She needs to go or I sadly dont think I could comfortably watch another game featuring her or anything of the standard we just put up with and I usually drop anything to watch the Cats play...

And her limitations are that of a one legged man in an ass kicking contest...

seriously, were you high when you watched the game or something?

She needs to go or I sadly dont think I could comfortably watch another game featuring her or anything of the standard we just put up with and I usually drop anything to watch the Cats play...

I agree, I just could not do it. Lets face it as much as most of us hate Robert Walls we can still put up with watching and listening to a broadcast with him on it without wanting to tear off our ears, with her I like many just had to turn it off. Her voice is irritating, if a guy had an irritating voice he would not get a job like that, add to that she was not that good, in the few minutes I could handle of it I tried listening to her while ignoring the tone of her voice and she was certainly far off even local state league commentators who would probably love a gig doing AFL. I hear she is doing some more games, which sucks because I won't be able to listen.

Is there anyway to get delayed radio?

I hate saying this but I hated her voice, it just seemed so wrong.. Damn I was just thanking the blokes for speaking and cutting her off in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back