Opinion Ken Hinkley Envy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes a team that had a brilliant year, got really close (really they probs should have won the 2014 flag), and are expected to go on with it he next year, have a mixed year the following one. Then they regroup and come back the year after that (2016 in this case). Think Kenny can coach, think they have a talented list and will be back. Geelong 2005? Freo 2013?

Sometimes a team that had a brilliant year, got really close (really they probs should have won the 2014 flag), and are expected to go on with it he next year, have a mixed year the following one. Then they regroup and come back the year after that (2016 in this case). Think Kenny can coach, think they have a talented list and will be back. Geelong 2005? Freo 2013?
I just don't see it in them though. 11 wins in the last 25 games for them now. They have been found out and haven't been able to find a Plan B. Kenny will need to earn his $ to adjust and start winning again - Victorian coaches don't receive the patience over there that a local would...

The crucial thing about this thread is the comparison with CS. And CS clearly has the upper hand against Port/Hinkley wins wise, and last pm's coaching, Blicavs/Wines was brilliant, and we showed Port how to play and win with that high-risk footy that Port became envied for last year, that they in fact borrowed from Geelong.

I wonder how the OP feels now, since Chris Scott outcoached Ken Hinkley Friday night.

Are Biggyboy and other CS critics going to give Scott his due praise now?
Despite what just about every other post in the thread tries to do, the OP (me) did say:

This is no comment on Chris Scott...
I feel exactly the same about Chris Scott now as when I made the thread - comfortable with him coaching the club. This thread was never about tossing Scott and bringing in Hinkley.

Despite what just about every other post in the thread tries to do, the OP (me) did say:

I feel exactly the same about Chris Scott now as when I made the thread - comfortable with him coaching the club. This thread was never about tossing Scott and bringing in Hinkley.

But BiggyBoy and other critics over the years have suggested just that thing, many times over the journey.

But BiggyBoy and other critics over the years have suggested just that thing, many times over the journey.
Despite my best efforts to segregate those views from this thread, I have failed. :(

Think Biggy is from the Chapman push who doesn't have the wit to understand the Chapman outcome was a collegiate matter. Easier to blame CS solely.

An outcome which, incidentally, is looking more like the correct one by the day.

Think Biggy is from the Chapman push who doesn't have the wit to understand the Chapman outcome was a collegiate matter. Easier to blame CS solely.

An outcome which, incidentally, is looking more like the correct one by the day.

Yes indeed

agree with that romeo.

Young list.
Only one bloke aged over 30 on Friday night compared to seven from Geelong.
Seven blokes 27-28 age gap and two of those are replaceable (Monfries & White). The rest of their squad is fresh and youthful. They'll be in a premiership window for another three years or more, depending on how they manage their recruiting, free agency etc.

Hmmm in a spot of bother. Losing to the tankers :eek:

Lose this and 5-7 with double up games v WB, Ade, Fre, Haw and Sydney.

Could miss finals quite possibly.
Kenny's gonna cop this if he loses

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Kenny doesn't get the chop because of this year. How much has changed from this year to last year? He's a much better coach than those who deserve to get that kind of treatment. I guess it would say more about Port than Mr Hinkley if that were to happen. Both Adelaide clubs are ameteur in the way they administrate and manage themselves - trigger fingers, back room deals, outright favouritism. It's pretty pathetic. And making a snap decision would be incredibly damaging in the long run.

Stay strong Kenny!

I don't envy that we didn't get Ken Hinkley.

I have a lot of time for Ken Hinkley. However, his team has gone from being nigh unbeatable in the first half of last year, and went a kick away from a GF, to being opened up by all and sundry.

CS is accused of not having an alternative gameplan. The fact that Hinkley hasn't come up with an alternative gameplan to get Port back winning makes me wonder if he is a one-trick pony, and it may explain why it took him so long to secure a senior coaching job.

Besides, what is there to envy about a coach whose team loses to CARLTON?!!!!

I don't envy that we didn't get Ken Hinkley.

I have a lot of time for Ken Hinkley. However, his team has gone from being nigh unbeatable in the first half of last year, and went a kick away from a GF, to being opened up by all and sundry.

CS is accused of not having an alternative gameplan. The fact that Hinkley hasn't come up with an alternative gameplan to get Port back winning makes me wonder if he is a one-trick pony, and it may explain why it took him so long to secure a senior coaching job.

Besides, what is there to envy about a coach whose team loses to CARLTON?!!!!
7 Aug 2009 Carlton defeats Geelong 97-62

Plenty if that coach can still manage to get his team up to win a flag after losing to Carlton.

Like those writing Scott off early, it's too early to write Hinkley off, to do what he did to port the last 2 years for Port was amazing. If Scott can have us rise again once the transition is complete back to real contentors (that can win a final), then Scott has done a good job.

They look done for this year, but have a young list and will reset for next year.

I wonder how the OP feels now, since Chris Scott outcoached Ken Hinkley Friday night.

Are Biggyboy and other CS critics going to give Scott his due praise now?

Yeah, what a brilliant coach. Losing to Melbourne in Enright's 300th. Fantastic. Thanks, Scott.

You see how judging a coach based on one game doesn't work out so well? Let's look at the big picture from now on, shall we? I think the Melbourne game says a lot about our problems.

Yeah, what a brilliant coach. Losing to Melbourne in Enright's 300th. Fantastic. Thanks, Scott.

You see how judging a coach based on one game doesn't work out so well? Let's look at the big picture from now on, shall we? I think the Melbourne game says a lot about our problems.

The players play the game , they are the ones who lost the game.

Scott is here to stay until the end of 2017 at least.

Both statements that now apply to Geelong.
Two things negative Nelly!

The Scott thread is that way ----->

And one is a team expected to decline and we are. Hinkley is in charge of a team that in 2012 missed finals. 2013 SF, 2014 PF. They're supposed to be going up not down.

Apples and oranges to compare the two.

Two things negative Nelly!

The Scott thread is that way ----->

And one is a team expected to decline and we are. Hinkley is in charge of a team that in 2012 missed finals. 2013 SF, 2014 PF. They're supposed to be going up not down.

Apples and oranges to compare the two.

To be fair, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

You, along with the other Scott lovers were quick to bump this thread whenever Port's season appeared to be going off track.
You had to expect posters to revisit this thread if Geelong and the coach begun dropping games to 15th ranked teams on the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back