Kicking Behinds - iOS and Android Footy Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Had my first win today 34-21. The game is really fun once you start to get used to it.

Nice work.

I do realise it is difficult and I was always really worried that I'd made it too hard but to be honest that's the nature of Australian Rules football so I'm not sure if I could make it much easier.

Hey mate, have purchased to show some support.

First up, great effort. I'm really enjoying learning the game and am having quite a bit of fun with it already. Loving the difficulty.

Don't want any of this to come across as me complaining, as I am loving it and understand how difficult a project like this is. Nevertheless, a few (hopefully constructive) notes:
  • The font - particularly when full screen, as in the tutorial - is quite hard to read. Might just be me, but it took me a while to work out what the tutorial was saying. For scores etc I'm not having any problems with it though.
  • I couldn't figure out how to get back to the menu from the tutorial.
  • This is going to sound really, really, really dumb, but it took me a little while to realise that the white pixels were the goals and not the shadows! Spent a couple of games wondering what the hell was going on with the goal positioning haha.
  • Movement seems a little unresponsive at times - I wonder whether a transparent but still visible "joystick" like I've seen in other games might make it a bit more intuitive?

I want to stress again that I'm really enjoying it and will certainly play more of it, and also recommend it to others. It's worth the $3!

Keep up the great work.

Hey mate, have purchased to show some support.

First up, great effort. I'm really enjoying learning the game and am having quite a bit of fun with it already. Loving the difficulty.

Don't want any of this to come across as me complaining, as I am loving it and understand how difficult a project like this is. Nevertheless, a few (hopefully constructive) notes:
  • The font - particularly when full screen, as in the tutorial - is quite hard to read. Might just be me, but it took me a while to work out what the tutorial was saying. For scores etc I'm not having any problems with it though.
  • I couldn't figure out how to get back to the menu from the tutorial.
  • This is going to sound really, really, really dumb, but it took me a little while to realise that the white pixels were the goals and not the shadows! Spent a couple of games wondering what the hell was going on with the goal positioning haha.
  • Movement seems a little unresponsive at times - I wonder whether a transparent but still visible "joystick" like I've seen in other games might make it a bit more intuitive?

I want to stress again that I'm really enjoying it and will certainly play more of it, and also recommend it to others. It's worth the $3!

Keep up the great work.

First of all, thank you very much for the download I appreciate every single one as well as every share, like or comment on my social media pages.

All that feedback is really great, I need to have a little break from working on the game but in the coming weeks I hope to release an update so all of that will be taken into consideration.

Top job, I will have to wait for Android release, but really pleased you got it going and sounds like you did a good job with it.

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

I will begin work on the Android version in the coming weeks so hopefully not too much longer.

First of all, thank you very much for the download I appreciate every single one as well as every share, like or comment on my social media pages.

All that feedback is really great, I need to have a little break from working on the game but in the coming weeks I hope to release an update so all of that will be taken into consideration.
No worries at all!

I'm really having fun with it. I've only played a handful of games but I can feel myself getting better (but still haven't won one yet). Best score so far is 13-18. Worst is 0-116...yes I managed to have 116 points kicked on me in 4 minutes. :oops:

Couple other tiny notes to have a think about when you feel like it:
  • Triple digit figures don't show up in-game or on the results screen, the counter just resets at 100.
  • I feel like the hitbox for picking up the football is too small. The biggest issue I'm having is that I run over the ball but it doesn't get picked up, and with everybody running at the same speed, once you overrun the ball you're in trouble. The margin for ball pickup feels very specific and I think expanding it a tad would benefit the game greatly without sacrificing too much difficulty.

Last edited:
I just won an absolute thriller. I was up by three goals going into the fourth quarter feeling pretty confident. Sydney kick three goals in a row and made scores level with ten seconds left. I win the ruck and kicked the ball forward only for it to be marked by a Sydney player. He kicks it to a contest where I win the ball and hack it towards goal, the siren goes. The ball looks like it is going to hit the point post but the ball has a lucky bounce and goes through for a point. Doggies win!
Dogs 4.1.25 def. Sydney 4.0.24
I'm addicted to this game!

My favourite aspect of the game is the satisfaction you get from a great goal or goal-saving tackle. It has the charm that most AFL games lack and the difficulty to keep me excited by the little things. It really is a great little game.

I just won an absolute thriller. I was up by three goals going into the fourth quarter feeling pretty confident. Sydney kick three goals in a row and made scores level with ten seconds left. I win the ruck and kicked the ball forward only for it to be marked by a Sydney player. He kicks it to a contest where I win the ball and hack it towards goal, the siren goes. The ball looks like it is going to hit the point post but the ball has a lucky bounce and goes through for a point. Doggies win!
Dogs 4.1.25 def. Sydney 4.0.24
I'm addicted to this game!

That's awesome, I love reading this stuff.

This is going to sound really, really, really dumb, but it took me a little while to realise that the white pixels were the goals and not the shadows! Spent a couple of games wondering what the hell was going on with the goal positioning haha.
You are not alone here. I mentioned this when he released some game play, took my some time to realise and I still get confused watching the game play vids now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel free to give the game a review on the App Store, I can't stress how every little bit helps which ultimately helps me make improvements and additions to the game.

Last edited:
For a bit of fun I've tried to recreate some moments from the first round of the AFL on the Kicking Behinds Facebook page.

If anyone has any requests for recent or famous moments to recreate let me know and I'll try my best.
Tony Lockett's point would be fantastic. Or Chad Wingard's final goal at the last AAMI Showdown. Obviously, it would be hard to get the perfect amount of points so that's no biggie.

I know, busy time in my life with a heavily pregnant wife and trying to buy a house so I've given myself a few weeks off from working on my game before I begin the Android release.
Good luck with everything mate. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back