Kicking Behinds - iOS and Android Footy Game

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm currently toying with the idea of giving the players of the ground arms, I'm not quite satisfied with just having them as squares that stretch when they kick, tackle or bounce the ball.

I'm currently toying with the idea of giving the players of the ground arms, I'm not quite satisfied with just having them as squares that stretch when they kick, tackle or bounce the ball.
Sounds like a good idea. Like these?
2008%20AFL%20Block%20heads,%2016%20in%20set%20(not%20complete)-size920.jpg

Shadows really ruin it for me, particularly the longer player shadows. I'd remove them personally, and just keep the ball shadow.

I just recently increased the strength of the shadows, still playing around with how they look. They will stay, but most likely won't be as strong or dark.

They actually are important because they provide some depth and give perspective of which players are taller than others.

No worries, only other thing I noticed was they seem to run extremely close the man on the mark, but with the screen space I understand why :p

What are the squares at the bottom for? The ones at the top obviously show the power of the kick, but didn't see the bottom ones do anything.

What are the squares at the bottom for? The ones at the top obviously show the power of the kick, but didn't see the bottom ones do anything.

They show how far you have run, when the bar is full the player with the ball will automatically slow down to bounce (you can't kick the ball while bouncing).

This may get the chop but it's staying in for now.

Ahh yeah, nice. I like it, lets you know if you have time to run that extra step and take the bounce and risk the defender getting you or not.

Some nice details you have in here.

I've managed to input the abilities (kicking and marking) of all players for all 18 teams which took a while.

I'm now just finalising the layout of menus and trying not to be too OCD about the whole thing.

My February launch date was probably slightly ambitious but it will be out early March by the latest, I hope people are still interested by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking for a bit of feedback, do you think Kicking Behinds needs quarters with a break in play to change ends or should I keep it really simple and just have one longer game without the breaks?

I'm looking for a bit of feedback, do you think Kicking Behinds needs quarters with a break in play to change ends or should I keep it really simple and just have one longer game without the breaks?
I think qtr time breaks would be best, keeps it closer to the actual game.

I think qtr time breaks would be best, keeps it closer to the actual game.

You're probably right, this is the battle I have every day where I need to balance making the game as realistic as possible with making it as simple as possible for mobile devices.

Can I make a couple of suggestions? great
1. The blue screen flashing up, I imagine that will be removed, but would it be better if it said GOAL, BEHIND or OUT.
2. Perhaps look at implementing a crowd and crowd noise? I think when you go up to the goal outside the field it's very plain.
Other than that it looks very professional and I can't wait for it to be released. I'll definitely buy it.

Can I make a couple of suggestions? great
1. The blue screen flashing up, I imagine that will be removed, but would it be better if it said GOAL, BEHIND or OUT.
2. Perhaps look at implementing a crowd and crowd noise? I think when you go up to the goal outside the field it's very plain.
Other than that it looks very professional and I can't wait for it to be released. I'll definitely buy it.

A lot of the aesthetics have been changed since that last video including add in text for certain events.

It is very plain, but I've made it that way initially to maximise the game's performance, these are the sort of things that I will add in with future updates as getting the sore structure and performance of the game is a priority.

A lot of the aesthetics have been changed since that last video including add in text for certain events.

It is very plain, but I've made it that way initially to maximise the game's performance, these are the sort of things that I will add in with future updates as getting the sore structure and performance of the game is a priority.
I like the simplistic look of the game. Really looks homemade but still rings true as a nice footy game.

Hey Kick Behinds , any update on a release date? I was just reminded of this and checked the AppStore but couldn't find it. It's looking great though

The game is effectively finished (bar a few bugs that have popped up in final testing), I'm just going through the fun process of sorting tax information with Apple which is taking a while.

I hope to have it out in the next week or so, I will certainly give an update once it is out.

I've successfully uploaded the game to Apple meaning that Kicking Behinds should be available on iOS in just a few days.

I've also uploaded a short preview video to the game's Facebook page here.

What's the likely timeframe for the android release?

I honestly don't know, it may be a few weeks or a few months.

It all depends on how much I need to change it to suit Android devices, I simply don't know at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back