Kickstarters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish I’d heard of that one earlier.
As per the rest of their's it'll go to shelves, they aren't small enough runs to be Kickstarter only. Just will miss the Kickstarter only goodies. This is the second Red Raven kickstarter backed. Backed the Near and Far expansion mainly to get the second Encounter book for Above and Below, previously only available for the original Above and Below kickstarter (which didn't back, as wasn't looking at Kickstarters really back then). I doubt in 9 months if will get to starting it. Still a few missions of Gloomhaven main campaign to finish with wife, then onto Forgotten Circles. We've done 1 of 15 of Near and Far campaign missions, let alone the expansion. Done the original Time Stories with our 2 gaming group friends and yet to do the Marcy scenario (and haven't looked yet at us getting more). And let's not get into Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective or Detective. And of course Pandemic Legacy Season 3 hopefully drops sometime in the next 12 months. So many games, so little time.

As per the rest of their's it'll go to shelves, they aren't small enough runs to be Kickstarter only. Just will miss the Kickstarter only goodies. This is the second Red Raven kickstarter backed. Backed the Near and Far expansion mainly to get the second Encounter book for Above and Below, previously only available for the original Above and Below kickstarter (which didn't back, as wasn't looking at Kickstarters really back then). I doubt in 9 months if will get to starting it. Still a few missions of Gloomhaven main campaign to finish with wife, then onto Forgotten Circles. We've done 1 of 15 of Near and Far campaign missions, let alone the expansion. Done the original Time Stories with our 2 gaming group friends and yet to do the Marcy scenario (and haven't looked yet at us getting more). And let's not get into Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective or Detective. And of course Pandemic Legacy Season 3 hopefully drops sometime in the next 12 months. So many games, so little time.
I still have a game idea in my head - really long term game, building a settlement in a post-apoc world. So there’s that to invent as well as play games.

A couple of one's backed since last posted here.

Firstly for wife's birthday got her the all in Everything Everdell level. Beautiful game, we have the normal retail version, without the first expansion, but saw this new expansion and went all in.
She knows it's on it's way (since her Birthday was back in December!). Was meant to be February, that unsurprisingly for a Kickstarter got pushed back to March. Now with Corona virus god knows when it will arrive.

3405e0b5f495483943f6284a96e8a389_original.jpg

2b48e6e99514d96d513061977e2ed825_original.jpg

7c535a5f09985ba9704482269d0e3f64_original.jpg

One added last night is a late Pledge for Dawn of Madness. A prequel (of sorts) to Deep Madness. Disappointed wasn't looking at Deep Madness on Kickstarter during it's runs there. Have yet to get (on the list!), but this one even more is that Cthulu / Victorian horror type theme that both the wife and I love.

Put down a couple of bucks so could access late pledge and now have some cash to spare have gone all in at the miniatures version with expansions. I'm (well ok both me and my wife :D ) turning into one of those board game snobs that like being able bring out a Kickstarter version of a game and flaunt the Exclusives. It's going to be an expensive couple of months as will be late pledging Return to Dark Tower and next month is Frosthaven (the promised big sequel to Gloomhaven with all new classes).

187e1399a6e326fc8cdf740190fe87b6_original.png

008766cc2a47368f6b2acc994b1e958e_original.png

49a65f2728283d81cd8ce017f8e98521_original.png

My credit card has called the Police and asked SVU to investigate me for inappropriate touching.

Have just backed (in the last couple of hours able to) Viscounts of the West Kingdom. Wasn't a long term planned pledge. Recently my wife picked up Architects of the West Kingdom and we both enjoyed that. Then noticed a few days ago they are making the third in their 'trilogy' of games - Viscount. Have bitten the bullet and gone in for the King Pledge level to get full versions with all Kickstarter promo's / extras of the 3 games, plus a 4th smaller co-op one that's included. Will sell the retail Architects once it arrives (end of year / early next year).

This is for my wife's 2020 birthday (December). Her 2019 birthday of Everdell should arrive soon. I am winning, that I can get her presents that I get lots of enjoyment out of and she loves, avoiding being Homer giving Marge a bowling 'go sleep on the couch for a week' in trouble for :D

b170ae6bbad7417501f54f07e51aeee1_original.png

dba8e8d226688d0913598393c75c6168_original.png

I backed a few games recently:
Marvel United. A little bit because of the IP, but liked the look of a cooperative, family card/minis game.
Knight Tales: semi cooperative tower defence. Looks really good. More serious, in depth version of Castle Panic perhaps.
Tumble Town: city building, dice drafting, abstract game.

How's this one progressing? The market would eat it up right now!
It's still in my head.

I suppose it is actually a spreadsheet game, but disguised as a scratch build experience.

Colony management sim with zombies, bandits, other colonies, bad guys inside your colony...

You have x people, x guns, x rabbit traps, the people have x, y and z skills which let you build/hunt/defend/attack etc. But you need x square inches of farmland, your sleeping quarters have to be y square inches in size to fit the people you have, but it costs z wood to build UNLESS you find existing buildings like a school or a farm which need repairing and maintaining and so on and so on.

The idea would be to scratch build your settlement, adding and removing bits as you gain or lose land and buildings... and so on.

Very nerd-oriented but the idea isn't developed in any way.

Have gone and backed the beast V2. Frosthaven backed. He doesn’t do Kickstarter exclusives, but gets it a bit earlier, plus easy to get the game, plus Forteller narration and Broken token inserts in one go (haven’t got any inserts for Gloomhaven and it’s like a bag of holding. No idea how it all fit in the box initially, it’s sprawled in the box and several plastic containers since then 😒 Plan to avoid that this time around).
1555a65f76804aaf05976c1d7e4e365a_original.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of one's backed since last posted here.

Firstly for wife's birthday got her the all in Everything Everdell level. Beautiful game, we have the normal retail version, without the first expansion, but saw this new expansion and went all in.
She knows it's on it's way (since her Birthday was back in December!). Was meant to be February, that unsurprisingly for a Kickstarter got pushed back to March. Now with Corona virus god knows when it will arrive.

3405e0b5f495483943f6284a96e8a389_original.jpg

2b48e6e99514d96d513061977e2ed825_original.jpg

7c535a5f09985ba9704482269d0e3f64_original.jpg
Wingspan and everdell are a couple I need to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have gone and backed the beast V2. Frosthaven backed. He doesn’t do Kickstarter exclusives, but gets it a bit earlier, plus easy to get the game, plus Forteller narration and Broken token inserts in one go (haven’t got any inserts for Gloomhaven and it’s like a bag of holding. No idea how it all fit in the box initially, it’s sprawled in the box and several plastic containers since then 😒 Plan to avoid that this time around).
1555a65f76804aaf05976c1d7e4e365a_original.jpg

I thought about this, but I can barely get my friends together to play a couple of 20-30 minute games in a night more than once a quarter, so I'll never have the time to commit to it sadly

I thought about this, but I can barely get my friends together to play a couple of 20-30 minute games in a night more than once a quarter, so I'll never have the time to commit to it sadly
If we were trying to play with gaming friends it’d be the same. Gloomhaven (and Frosthaven will be the same), wife and I play 2 characters each.
Plenty obviously lucky enough to get bigger groups regularly, finished this morning and it’s made it to most backed board game on Kickstarter ever ($12.9 million US).

Looks like it's a slight step up from the Ender 3 previously recommended on this board, and for the same price as the Ender 3 if you preorder (which is what this is, Creality doesn't really need tio crowdfund)

The Defence of Procyon III looks interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I backed it

A couple of ones recently backed.

Tiny Epic Pirates

Haven't played any the Tiny Epic games to this point, but thought this looked cute, so have backed.

9720f76149a8945838cb07bc44438ced_original.jpg

Stop the Train!

A deduction game, where you have to find the traitor on a WW2 era French train, all players are on, before it reaches Paris (or reach there if you are the traitor, by speeding up the train). It was the train line layout as part of it (below) that looks an interesting concept.

ec268d0b49fb37723a5080ab61726723_original.jpg

A couple of ones recently backed.

Tiny Epic Pirates

Haven't played any the Tiny Epic games to this point, but thought this looked cute, so have backed.

9720f76149a8945838cb07bc44438ced_original.jpg

Stop the Train!

A deduction game, where you have to find the traitor on a WW2 era French train, all players are on, before it reaches Paris (or reach there if you are the traitor, by speeding up the train). It was the train line layout as part of it (below) that looks an interesting concept.

ec268d0b49fb37723a5080ab61726723_original.jpg
Tiny Epic Pirates looks good. I backed it too, the series of games hasn't interested me to this point, but something about the theme and gameplay here caught my eye.

I see CMON's Marvel United is available through retail now. Folk are a bit miffed with how that's played out, as am I to a degree. Part of the benefit of KS to me is somewhat early access, which we aren't getting. That said, early reviews look positive and the all in pledge is going to have a heap of content so I'll be looking forward to the shipment arriving whenever!

Three more backed in the last week (well three between the wife and I anyway 😁).

Escape the Night - based on the YouTube series. I’ve gone in reverse order, liked the look of the game and started watching the show and now backing. It’s an escape room type game.

01D6875C-22BA-4DF6-9069-F774C0A16527.png 56DE7523-CD36-4D3F-8BC3-591FF8A57A6C.png

Second is Spirits of the Forest : Moonlight. An expansion for Spirits of the Forest. Didn’t have the base game, but could get that as part of the pledge, so have.

Worker placement, but appealed to the other half with the look. Have gone for the Wooden Meeple, rather than cardboard option.

D181B94F-7415-40B3-9AD4-C6A238D34595.png

Last of them three is Shivers, a pop-up scenario board game. Have gone for the deluxe edition. Looks nothing like any other game have, so will be interested to see how it plays.

5D7EB9EA-9ECE-4D37-B709-BDBBE80B3D82.jpeg E38E35AF-8DB1-4309-903D-7E88B07A03A3.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back