KPP

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see why the hype for Max Lynch (Cat A rookie). Shows a bit as a ruckman in terms of his leap but even then he's just about the most uncoordinated ruckman I can recall watching. And he's next to useless when the ball hits the ground. Had almost no impact around the ground beyond ruck contests, or as a forward. I actually thought McCarthy showed more potential. If he's ever to make it, it will be as a ruckman, but I can't see it. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
The thing to watch for with young players like Lynch is not all the mistakes they make, but the improvement they show during the season. That determines whether you have a player with the potential to eventually make it into the senior team. Players become more coordinated as they adjust to the training program. Compared to the start of the year Lynch has come along in strides as a tap ruckman who can take a mark and kick a goal. The crumbers in Kirby and Daicos can pick the ball off the ground. If Lynch can keep improving at the same rate we will have ourselves a player.

The thing to watch for with young players like Lynch is not all the mistakes they make, but the improvement they show during the season. That determines whether you have a player with the potential to eventually make it into the senior team. Players become more coordinated as they adjust to the training program. Compared to the start of the year Lynch has come along in strides as a tap ruckman who can take a mark and kick a goal. The crumbers in Kirby and Daicos can pick the ball off the ground. If Lynch can keep improving at the same rate we will have ourselves a player.

Thanks for the advice on what I should be looking for, I'm relatively new to this stuff and always looking to learn. I have watched a few young ruckmen earn their stripes, Moore (Peter), Monkhorst, Manson, Fraser to name a few. I guess what I'm missing is that those 5 goals across 17 games means he's now really starting to hit the scoreboard, and the 2-3 effective kicks a game really doing some damage, a season high 5 marks meaning he's starting to take games by the scruff of the neck.

Thanks for the advice on what I should be looking for, I'm relatively new to this stuff and always looking to learn. I have watched a few young ruckmen earn their stripes, Moore (Peter), Monkhorst, Manson, Fraser to name a few. I guess what I'm missing is that those 5 goals across 17 games means he's now really starting to hit the scoreboard, and the 2-3 effective kicks a game really doing some damage, a season high 5 marks meaning he's starting to take games by the scruff of the neck.
Are you serious or sarcastic? o_O

The Mihocek recruitment helps. Don't think he'll star but will be an upgrade on Schade and Keeffe.

Dunn and Mihocek right to go, with McLarty probably spending another full season developing in the VFL. Not ready for senior footy yet (if ever)

IMO wouldn't want to play more than one of Dunn and Mihocek at a time in defence though as they all are similar and on the slower side.

So having said that we are still light on for KPP then.... considering Dunn, Reid and Goldsack are likely all finishing up in the next 12-24 months.

F/S Will Kelly is likely a KPD addition in 2018...but will take time to develop.

And literally no one but Reid and Cox to play tall forward if Moore goes down. Which is a worry. This year showed that we need two 192+ forwards at all times.
I reckon mclarty looks the goods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back