Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipps off the Ground in the NEAFL getting his ankle strapped. Gone again probably. He has a body made of tissue paper

Not surprised lots of weight on these legs and playing ruck is the most injury prone position on the field.

It is rather unfortunate injury will once again derail another season for Tippett.

I actually feel for him.

I am not affronted by his presence on our list at all. Even his remuneration - which is pretty much the foundation of all the disappointment - doesn't worry me. And it would appear to be trending back down to something quite normal by some accounts.

I know our Board has a history of typing what it thinks, which I have no problem with. Opinion is the entire point of BF. But, really, watching a bloke struggling through injury like this - I just want to see him get it together at this point.

tumblr_n0tame78b71tq3tjeo1_500.gif

i dont believe all the injuries are physical..im guessing he is unable to push through like alot of others can
Sounds like he's been playing through injuries and that's why his output was down. I doubt a player of his vintage hasn't the stomach to push through pain or injury. He obviously got himself up for a lot of games in his career where he'd have carried niggles and he'd have to want to play pretty badly to stick at it this long.

I hope he gets himself right for the end of the season with a bit of form as any ruckman is just a game away from injury. It's the most damaging role on the field, as dangerous as being an umpire in the car park after a country away match.

I actually feel for him.

I am not affronted by his presence on our list at all. Even his remuneration - which is pretty much the foundation of all the disappointment - doesn't worry me. And it would appear to be trending back down to something quite normal by some accounts.

I know our Board has a history of typing what it thinks, which I have no problem with. Opinion is the entire point of BF. But, really, watching a bloke struggling through injury like this - I just want to see him get it together at this point.
Agree with this. It's easy for us to sit back and attack him for his inability to get on the field but when your body is failing time and time again, there isn't much you can do.

I'd say his days of being a ruckman need to end. I said earlier this year he needs to lose 5kgs to keep playing but now I think he also needs to move to a permanent forward role if he has any chance. Ruck is the worst position for his ankles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid should be careful. Many more games like tonight and I'd be considering Tippett in his spot. That's how bad he was.

Have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the posts here. Like it or not he is part of our team and I've never been associated with a team where crapping on players works to advantage, certainly not as a player avd I don't intend to start as a supporter. He is a professional and last year was rated by many as the elite ruck forward of the competition.do any of you honestly believe he does anything other than his best? Now it almost amounts to cyber bullying what takes place here and the sickening thing is it is our own team player we are attacking. I have misgivings what takes place. I love the swans and I support them without hesitation or reservation and will do so for each and every member of OUR team for as long as they are members of our team and do their absolute best. Tippett or towers or whoever is the abuse target of the month will always have my support.

That is the ethos which underlines the bloods culture at our playing level being prepared to bleed for your teammate in sacrifice and makes us special but is equally the same philipsophy and unyielding blind faith I will give to each and every member of the swans at the supporter level. Many here would do well to consider

Love the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually feel for him.

Good post.

I'd say his days of being a ruckman need to end. I said earlier this year he needs to lose 5kgs to keep playing but now I think he also needs to move to a permanent forward role if he has any chance. Ruck is the worst position for his ankles.

I think that all makes sense but to be a forward now he's gotta gain quite a bit of agility back. If that's as simple as dropping 5kgs all well and good, but the days of having a 200cm, 105 kgs forward sitting in the goal square appear to be done (for now, at least). Seems you've gotta have Bud/Daniher agility to be that tall and a permanent forward now. Too much of a defensive liability otherwise.

I don't know the state of his ankles, but I would think ruckman makes the most sense for him if he wants to prolong his career.

i dont believe all the injuries are physical..im guessing he is unable to push through like alot of others can
KJack played with an injury for 5 rounds and was way off the pace. He comes back after 7 weeks off healthy and plays a far better role. No different for Tippett or others it's hard to carry an injury and perform at their best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back