Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s playing his role.
He gets into dangerous (for the opposition) positions and is often missed by his teammates.
His gut running forward and back fits our game style to a T.

As usual you have selected what suits your argument. The first point that was made was to cover a loss (of a small forward, that being Ginnivan).
Ginnivan was extremely popular amongst the supporters, but you being the know all that you are, are certain that there’s no truth to my second point.

Ginnivan was contracted and a required player until he wanted out. The recruitment of Schultz started very early in 2023. You’re drawing an extremely long bow here.

Ginnivan was contracted and a required player until he wanted out. The recruitment of Schultz started very early in 2023. You’re drawing an extremely long bow here.
I don’t believe that it happened that suddenly, or that the Ginnivan exit was that unilateral.

Reckon there was a lot of hints along the way for him to look elsewhere and he and his management and indeed hawthorn were ready and prepared for that eventuality.

I don’t believe that it happened that suddenly, or that the Ginnivan exit was that unilateral.

Reckon there was a lot of hints along the way for him to look elsewhere and he and his management and indeed hawthorn were ready and prepared for that eventuality.

I’ve stated the facts that we have. Anything else is pure guesswork. I think it’s more logical to assume that we initiated discussions early in 2023 with Schultz as a FA in 2024 with a view of offsetting the loss of Elliott to Father Time than Ginnivan who was coming off a pretty good 2022 season.

I’ve stated the facts that we have. Anything else is pure guesswork. I think it’s more logical to assume that we initiated discussions early in 2023 with Schultz as a FA in 2024 with a view of offsetting the loss of Elliott to Father Time than Ginnivan who was coming off a pretty good 2022 season.

Fair… of course I’m speculating. But reality is most player moves come from the long runup, and don’t just happen in the final 30 minutes without warning. . I reckon this was a mutual parting of the ways that albeit only happened late, was well entrenched in the minds of player and both clubs as a distinct possibility.

The trip to the races might have been the last straw.

Shultz I agree we had Elliott in mind medium term….but short term he’s another player who would have kept Ginni out of the side, and Harrison was improving rapidly too. Ginni struggled to get a game last year.

Fair… of course I’m speculating. But reality is most player moves come from the long runup, and don’t just happen in the final 30 minutes without warning. . I reckon this was a mutual parting of the ways that albeit only happened late, was well entrenched in the minds of player and both clubs as a distinct possibility.

The trip to the races might have been the last straw.

Shultz I agree we had Elliott in mind medium term….but short term he’s another player who would have kept Ginni out of the side, and Harrison was improving rapidly too. Ginni struggled to get a game last year.

I think Ginni (and his manager who may well have been taking enquirers earlier) was very much last minute, his decision to move only coming post what he thought was a less than glowing 2023 end of season review. Guess we’ll never know the truth of it.

I think Ginni (and his manager who may well have been taking enquirers earlier) was very much last minute, his decision to move only coming post what he thought was a less than glowing 2023 end of season review. Guess we’ll never know the truth of it.

If a less than glowing 2023 review came as a shock to Ginni, then that in itself tells a bit of a story about him. As does wearing silks to the mad Monday celebrations, he might have thought it funny but it was an up yours to McRae who days before told him to read the room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a stinker no doubt. But he kicked a goal in a close win so
He didn't star but he was not the worst. He played high to support the midfield, had 7 tackles, 2 of which led to goals for us. He kicked a goal. Should have had 2 frees within 30m and was unlucky not to have had 3.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back