Lachlan Keefe

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we messed up this guys development? In the VFL last year he was playing as a key back and playing really well. I saw it myself and started to get pretty keen on him as an starter in the 1's.

Then Dawes got injured and we threw him in the 1's up forward and he struggled big time. Now he looks lost and confused and doesn't seem to have any confidence. Thoughts?

I think you can tell he came to AFL late.

Just doesn't seem to have any weapons. I hope he makes it but he needs to get a hurry on or he will be looking for a new job sooner than later

This reeks of the shit Ben Reid copped for a long time because of one bad kick. :)

I think Keefe uses the ball well and seems to be a competent 1 on 1 defender. He's played about 5 games at AFL level and he's being shit canned.

Seriously, North will take him.

AS a KPB he is average, K pendlebury is alot better, he cant ruck i dont think he will make it although id love to be proved wrong....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:heart:
I think Keeffe has something to offer at AFL level. I think a lot of people here are being pretty harsh on him. He played an OK game last night after a poor first NAB Cup round.

Yeah, I think it's a bit early to tell yet, so really we'd be guessing a little.

Big guys can take longer to come on, especially the lightly built ones, and this only gets compounded if he took the game up late ( played soccer initially i think)

Possibly the frustration in some is because he has size and pace ( though some doubt that I know) which makes him a very exciting proposition - but he is taking time to find himself.

Where to play him is up for grabs as well - he's looked best playing back the times I've seen him, but who knows exactly what the Club is grooming him for.

Needs time and patience I reckon.

:heart:

Yeah, I think it's a bit early to tell yet, so really we'd be guessing a little.

Big guys can take longer to come on, especially the lightly built ones, and this only gets compounded if he took the game up late ( played soccer initially i think)

Possibly the frustration in some is because he has size and pace ( though some doubt that I know) which makes him a very exciting proposition - but he is taking time to find himself.

Where to play him is up for grabs as well - he's looked best playing back the times I've seen him, but who knows exactly what the Club is grooming him for.

Needs time and patience I reckon.

you think he has pace ? :confused:

Maybe some of the VFL regular watchers can back me up on this but he was great playing down back. If Dawes never got injured and we didn't chuck him in when we did, and where we did (forward) i wonder how he'd be travelling.

I understand the negative comments from those that have seen him in the 1sts as he has looked pretty bad but he can actually play. Sometimes injuries create opportunities and blokes prosper. This time i think it's set one back

I think you can tell he came to AFL late.

Just doesn't seem to have any weapons.
His kicking is undoubtedly a weapon. But unless he can play 2nd ruck I struggle to see him making it.

Maybe some of the VFL regular watchers can back me up on this but he was great playing down back. If Dawes never got injured and we didn't chuck him in when we did, and where we did (forward) i wonder how he'd be travelling.
I don't understand what this ^ means.

Are you suggesting players should only ever be played in one position? or that they can never learn to be offense minded if they were once defence minded?

From watching the NAB cup game from last night.....
Keefe will not get a game this year. Or shouldn't.
I'm not doubting that he might b good in a few years... But he's just...

... Unco

Would prefer Hartley playing KPD than Keefe

I'm sure he's not unco! :)

It more looks he's still learning awareness and quick decisive decision making to me, he looks in two minds too often.

That's just the perception I get watching him, so might be completely wrong of course :)

I think it's this that perhaps makes him look slow at times, because he definitely isn't slow when sprinting, he's quick.

Sure he'll be OK and potentially very OK

Geez, I have always been a bit of a supporter of his, but he has been given opportunities this year so far against moderate opposition and still didn't show much.

I now don't think he will make it as a KPD. Nor a ruck. Third forward / relief ruck is the only role I can see for him, but I don't think he will be good enough in either position to be able to do that either.

Please prove me wrong, Keefe. I love the idea of having a mobile 204 cm player who can play either end and deliver exceptionally well by either foot. Please be that guy, Lachlan...

Fraser was a competent ruck, he just looked lethargic and his body meant that we never saw the best of him.

2008 before the Vics/Allies match he was on fire.

Fraser was never great at actual ruck work, he would miss judge his leap at center bounces and was hopeless body on body. He was basically a follower, around the ground is where he did his best work and up forward when he was a youngster.

Needed to be locked in a gym and had we took rucking seriously as MM wasn't a fan and got him a decent ruck coach he may have been a different player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back