Unofficial Preview Ladder prediction for this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Going into the 1st season in a while where I'm very confident we'll make the 8. Get there and anything is possible.

Top 4 I rekon, and they should too.
the only list that I think has more talent on it than ours is GWS, but they seem to lack chemistry/ poorly coached.
You would think Richmond & West Coast will be up there again.
geelong will come crashing down imo, lost their best player and it’s hard to see where they will make that up & improve because a lot of their best players are past their prime now. Bulldogs are overrated, don’t see them being the top 4 team most seem to think. Maybe Brisbane as the other top 4 contender. All other teams are a bit off the mark, Saints could bolt up and surprise but we’ll have to wait and see

Top 4 I rekon, and they should too.
the only list that I think has more talent on it than ours is GWS, but they seem to lack chemistry/ poorly coached.
You would think Richmond & West Coast will be up there again.
geelong will come crashing down imo, lost their best player and it’s hard to see where they will make that up & improve because a lot of their best players are past their prime now. Bulldogs are overrated, don’t see them being the top 4 team most seem to think. Maybe Brisbane as the other top 4 contender. All other teams are a bit off the mark, Saints could bolt up and surprise but we’ll have to wait and see
Geelong expected to fall after losing their best player and a prelim. Hmm that ended well for us last time. 🤔😂

Personally I'm not too concerned whether we win the flag or not, all I want is to beat Hawthorn just once
Really? We got rolled by them in the last round of 2010 as well. Big picture. Although it is slightly annoying the flogs still have the wood over us while we’re contending and they’re missing the 8.

7th-8th. Very difficult draw. I have us outside the 8 after 11 rounds and expect this place to be going throw a meltdown.

Very similar to what Richmond were midseason last year maybe slightly worse of.
I expect the comp to be more even than ever.

4th-6th for me. I don't see us doing better than that, but could see us do worse.
We didn't improve our senior list over the summer. Some of our rivals for the top positions certainly have.
West Coast & the Bulldogs have for instance. Patton may have an impact at Hawthorn as well.
We have lost Aish, Beams & probably Langdon. The latter 2 didn't play much last year.
But for us to take a step further I reckon they needed to be available for 2020.
I don't think Greenwood, Dunn or Broomhead will be available for at least the first half of the year.
That's 5 missing players from the list right off the bat. Some are not best 22 & are just depth - Sure.
But we will lose players to injury throughout the first half of the year. It's as certain as death & taxes.
So none of those 5 currently injured, will be available as replacements.

Plus the fact I'm still concerned about our midfield & their inclination to be beaten at the clearances.
We have the same players unless we add Elliott & De Goey to the mix.
We also have the same midfield coach. I'm not sure we will witness anything different from last year & that's concerning.
We can't have our ruckman being our best clearance player.

Our list is not really better or worse and other teams will rise and fall. We'll also get our usual set of injuries (hope not though!), but the distractions of last year (Stephenson and Beams, allegedly) won't happen again. With some tweaks to our game plan that incorporate the best aspects of '18 & '19, and some natural improvement, I see us getting top 4 again. Hopefully this time it's convincing and not dependant on other results going our way in the final rounds. From the same position as the last two years come finals time, but with the hurt of 18/19 as extra motivation, there's no reason we couldn't go far, perhaps even win it.

Our list is not really better or worse and other teams will rise and fall. We'll also get our usual set of injuries (hope not though!), but the distractions of last year (Stephenson and Beams, allegedly) won't happen again. With some tweaks to our game plan that incorporate the best aspects of '18 & '19, and some natural improvement, I see us getting top 4 again. Hopefully this time it's convincing and not dependant on other results going our way in the final rounds. From the same position as the last two years come finals time, but with the hurt of 18/19 as extra motivation, there's no reason we couldn't go far, perhaps even win it.
Nice comment but "going far" means winning the flag! - there is no such thing as "going far" then losing again - that scenario only means going............. MAD :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back