gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
C'mont/L'pool/Packers/Inter/Canucks
I saw the first episode of a fascinating new reality TV series last Saturday night entitled Ladette To Lady. It's British. The term "ladette" in Britain refers to women who act a lot more like yobbish blokes than like ladies.

Anyway, the premise is there's these eight "ladettes" - all working class scrubbers who have problems with alcohol, unsocial behaviour and etiquette, sleeping around (one 21-year-old claims she's had sex with over 100 different men), and generally unladylike behaviour.

The girls recognise they have a bit of a problem, and their families are very concerned about them so they've been invited to partake in a social experiment - they are going to spend a few weeks in a school designed to polish up their personal and social skills and turn them from ladettes into refined ladies!

In the first episode they were given lessons in sexual etiquette, elocution and other relevant lessons in becoming a "lady". :D

Temptations have been given to them (they got in a spot of bother for consuming two bowls of alcoholic punch), and they got to attend a party with some refined young gentlemen. One girl (a keen Chelsea supporter) got in big trouble for not disclosing her clitoral piercing to the teachers and then talking about it to a gentleman at the party! :eek:

At the end of the first episode, they were judged individually by the panel of teachers on their performance. They all received quite a tongue-lashing. One girl was sent home. Emma was chosen because it was thought (rightly IMO) that she wasn't really committed to changing and didn't really want to be there.

It's fascinating to see the transformations. The really promiscuous girl saw the error of her ways, and is determined to mend her behaviour. The blonde girl who can't hold down a job because of her etiquette also appears keen to change (although the teachers aren't quite so convinced of her sincerity).

Anyway, I found it fascinating stuff. :D It's on The Lifestyle Channel at 9.30pm AESDT every Saturday night.

There's another series of Ladette To Lady just started tonight (Saturday 9.30 pm AEDST Lifestyle Channel). Two girls got sent home after the first episode. Neither really wanted to be there, it seemed. One was suspected of being a bit of a feminist, and there's no place for feminists in Finishing School. :D

Saw about 5 mins of it before going out on Saturday night.
I rate myself as a pretty good burper but some of those sheilas would put me to shame.
I am going to keep an eye out for a repeat during the week.

Did anyone see the finale? :D It certainly had the judges in a pickle. In the end they gave it to Hayley, just ahead of Michelle. Certainly Hayley came a very long way, but I thought Michelle was robbed. She impressed me right throughout the series with her sincerity - she genuinely wanted to improve herself, whereas Hayley was right until the end getting into a food fight.

Ahh well. I hope she enjoyed her new sports car. ;)

It's great to see that Nine has picked up this excellent series. 9.30pm on Tuesday nights. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back