Lakers gain Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg, Redbacks, Lakers
The Lakers picked up Mitch Richmond who was waived by Washington. They also picked up Lindsay Hunter from Milwaukee to cover for Derek Fisher who has an injury and Tyronn Lue who has joined Washington. Samaki Walker was also picked up from San Antonio to cover for the loss of Horace Grant to Orlando. Things are looking great for the Lake Show to do a three-peat ! You Beauty !

hmm... lindsay hunter is a good pickup...

tyron lue was a non-factor... didnt play much during regular season, but got some press cos of his haircut and play on iverson in finals..

samaki aint no horace grant..

and mitch... hmm.... dont know if he will do much... like a glen rice shooter... doesnt really fit in...

Not particularly world beating pickups. I like the look of the Magics moves, Ewing although not the dominant centre he once was can still play well and is good defensively. Ho Grant is still a very good power forward and should work well with Ewing down low. Add to that, two of the best and most exciting players in T-Mac and Hill and you have quite a line up. The only question that remains to be seen is can Hill, Ewing and Grant add to the chemistry of last year or disrupt it?

They all werent there last year and the Magic played pretty well, can they add to it and take them further into the playoff or burden them.

I've read a couple of articles regarding Richmond's decision to play for the Lakers, and it's all for the glory, not the dollars. He want's a ring and was willing to sign a one million dollar a year contract to get it, which is small fry in the NBA. This suggests to me that he should be a very good fit, unlike J.R. Rider who almost derailed them at the start of last season. I think the Lakers would be very happy with around 14-15ppg expecially if Fisher returns and shows the same form as this years finals.

Threepeat is a certainty. (barring injuries to Shaq and Kobe of course)

Originally posted by DEVO
I've read a couple of articles regarding Richmond's decision to play for the Lakers, and it's all for the glory, not the dollars. He want's a ring and was willing to sign a one million dollar a year contract to get it, which is small fry in the NBA. This suggests to me that he should be a very good fit, unlike J.R. Rider who almost derailed them at the start of last season. I think the Lakers would be very happy with around 14-15ppg expecially if Fisher returns and shows the same form as this years finals.

Threepeat is a certainty. (barring injuries to Shaq and Kobe of course)

we can only hope !

Weirdness. I clicked on the OPs profile to make a joke about someone naming themselves after Simon Eastaugh (the modern equivalent is 'AngusGraham_69') and found this in his user notes.

DeadlyAkkuret: "Lol loved your comment to funky, agree with everything you said in regards to judging someone's passion for a sport team by the number posts they've submitted. Go Lakers!"

Eastaugh36: "No worries. He's probably scared ****less of Dirk leaving Dallas to head somewhere he can win a title. We all remember how much of a basket case Dallas were in the 90s at one stage. Anyway, he is resorting to childish garbage in the thread now so I'm just ignoring the moron and enjoying our championship!!!"

Small world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Samaki Walker wins

Samaki-Walker.jpg

u know u want to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back